THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pandora.com  (Read 3140 times)

heytravistravis

• travis' tumblr
Re: Pandora.com
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 09:27:11 AM »

Hey, I've been trying to setup a good punk cabaret Pandora station and I was wondering if anyone had any good artist/song suggestions. Just putting Amanda Palmer and the Dresden Dolls gives me things such as the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, a good, but not punk cabaret band.
i avoid being the sort of fan fan that mindlessly obsesses, depredating the intelligence of a community.
still i fangirl.

amanda really inspires me

GFD18

Re: Pandora.com
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 02:35:02 AM »

Hey, I've been trying to setup a good punk cabaret Pandora station and I was wondering if anyone had any good artist/song suggestions. Just putting Amanda Palmer and the Dresden Dolls gives me things such as the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, a good, but not punk cabaret band.

This is just a suggestion, as I haven't tried it recently, but---

Try adding "The World/Inferno Friendship Society" to your custom radio station.  World inferno is a SUPER fun band and I'm pretty sure Dresden Dolls fans would appreciate.  Back in college I wore a DD shirt to one of my art classes.  Someone saw the shirt and recommended World Inferno to me.  Instantly hooked.  Its quite late right now so using quotes from wikipedia is easiest. "Its style merges punk, soul, klezmer, and jazz, while its collective membership features horns, piano, and guitar."  Wiki classifies them as punk rock, punk cabaret, circus punk, anarcho punk, etc.

Give em a listen and let me know how the station pans out!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up