THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patreon  (Read 2643 times)

Rild

Patreon
« on: March 09, 2015, 09:33:03 PM »

Just a thank-you for putting your stuff out there. I love the patreon concept. Life has been a bit of a pain for the last year or so, but there are glimmers of hope happening. If they come true I will definitely become a supporter. Love to you both!

Faloleen

Re: Patreon
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 07:04:37 AM »

I am excited about the whole Patreon thing. I feel like I do something real and important and valueable with my money. I feel like I am connected to the right group of people. So, yaaay Patreon, best investment of my life!
What do you guys think about it? Are you in?
Fate is not a factor.

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 01:56:38 PM »

I signed up at the $10 level with a limit of $10 per month. I chose that level because of the webcast sessions. I think the "pay-per-thing" model is the right way to go. I like the idea that by paying my $10, I can make sure others can get the content for free and that recordings and videos will happen without the kickstarter drama. It will be interesting to see what kind of community grows out of this, although Patreon is not built to be a communal space. I do like the idea of a gated community to keep out the spammers and haters. My only concern is that it's structured so that the more you pay, the more access you have to Amanda. I do think this is the future of the music industry and I'm excited to be part of it.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

ahauntingnearu

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 07:46:01 PM »

yaaaaaaay! not completely satisfied or in love with Bigger On The Inside (frankly, while it has pretty lyrics, the melody is basic and highly repetitive, it's literally the same thing over and over again...perhaps a terribly boring song saved only by how emotionally she is singing), BUT i am so down with this project. i'm a 10$ backer :D

eager for The Thing About Things, but paLEASE let it be on the piano and NOT the ghastly ukulele  :buck2:

Faloleen

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 05:25:33 AM »

not completely satisfied or in love with Bigger On The Inside (frankly, while it has pretty lyrics, the melody is basic and highly repetitive, it's literally the same thing over and over again...perhaps a terribly boring song saved only by how emotionally she is singing)

I agree. I enjoyed listening to it once because of the lyrics but I do not plan to listen to it repeatedly. I enjoy meaningful lyrics but I prefer musically interesting songs. It is a good song, just not my cup of tea.
Fate is not a factor.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 09:42:11 PM »

I just signed up.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Miss Sahara

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 04:48:00 PM »

I'm a bit confused. i can't afford to spend more than $10 per month, but i would like to back it... is it better to back at the $1 level and get charged for up to 10 things or at the $10 level and get charged for 1 thing? It says in the faq that no matter at what amount you cap it youll get everything anyway?? so the latter option seems the better, correct? but then i only pay for one thing...? that doesnt quite make sense in my brain...

RiverVox

• I'm a believer.
  • Goodbye to blueberry pie
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 10:57:50 PM »

I'm a bit confused. i can't afford to spend more than $10 per month, but i would like to back it... is it better to back at the $1 level and get charged for up to 10 things or at the $10 level and get charged for 1 thing? It says in the faq that no matter at what amount you cap it youll get everything anyway?? so the latter option seems the better, correct? but then i only pay for one thing...? that doesnt quite make sense in my brain...

It is confusing. I would focus on the reward that you're interested in. I went with the $10 level since I wanted to participate in the webcasts. Here are the levels of rewards:

$1 +you're supporting me, and that's huge, and plenty. thank you. you'll get access to the patron-only feed, where the community centralizes and everything gets posted and talked about. so you know: your voice is just as important as some well-off mofo giving a grand.

$3 +you're supporting me even more, and you are awesome. thank you. you'll get access to the patron-only feed, as above, where we hang, and you'll also be DIRECTLY emailed keepable/playable/readable downloads of any content (PDFs, Mp3s, etc).

$5 +you're supporting me a LOT, and $5 a song (or Thing) is really generous. thank you. you'll get all of the above, plus you'll be in the "random surprise" group. i'll email you random surprises every once in a while, including more personal blogs that i don't want out in the public, photos and poetry that aren't for everybody, etc. this one's an adventure. let's see what goes down.

$10 +this is a ton of money to spend on an artist, and you are really showing me some serious art-love here. i'll try to make it worth it: you'll get all of the above, random surprises and all, plus access to a monthly (or so) interactive webcast (a spreecast, unless we find a platform we like better) in which i'll chat/perform live with you top-tier patrons, take questions direct, talk about life, the work, and generally get intimate. i love doing these, but not with thousands of people. i'll do the monthly webcast even if i haven't made any art, so you may be getting free webcasts if i'm in a funk, and we'll just talk online about how unproductive and depressed i am. fun. this'll be nice.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. ~ Neil Gaiman

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 01:56:54 PM »

asking amanda to thing a project into a THING

bumping this for a potential patreon release?  ^-^

more likely to bear non-bare fruit, if you
  • tweet it to @amandapalmer
  • ask for it, in the comments on the day she posts a blog (she reads blog comments for at least a day)
  • email it to Team Amanda, see the contact page on her web sight.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up