THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 30  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 61134 times)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 04:15:38 AM »

Carmen, the opera.

Did you see the Hey Arnold episode where they used Carmen?

i did...a long time ago.  o.O'  i didn't think much of it then, but right about now, i might actually enjoy it.  i was never a huge Hey, Arnold fan.

paper-doll

• what country shall I say is calling from across the world?
  • I eat Dolls.
    • that's right
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 05:30:26 AM »

Talking into fans, taking the first bite of an apple, dressing up but not going out, going out, finding a signed copy in a second-hand bookstore, happy meals and singing in the shower :D
I dress up as a pony on the internet.  I have been on neopets for half my life.  And Sergeant Lewis will eat your soul.

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »

Key lime pie, picnics and weather warm enough by day that a night chill is never a concern.

Oh... and untethering oneself (indefinite road trips and the like).
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

lanskyy

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 03:21:54 PM »

Raspberry chocolate cake. mm.
That someone as beautiful as Regina Spektor looked like that as a child should give hope to millions of ugly kids.

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 05:01:18 PM »

Key lime pie, picnics and weather warm enough by day that a night chill is never a concern.

Oh... and untethering oneself (indefinite road trips and the like).

MMM I love key lime pie. When I could eat yogurt, that was my favorite flavor.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 01:48:39 AM »

Because you don't like the reference, I don't like the site? Because I defied an arbitrary convention of etiquette to answer a question with a truth from which people refrain to the point of conspicuousness? Is it shocking? Why would it mean I don't like the site? Wait. Let me check the question. Your sensibilities were offended because why? Is there something in what I said that is more inappropriate than you posting some of the pictures you have in the past? I will venture to guess that your sensibilities offend my own more than my words do yours... and your way of reacting to them is even more offensive.

dangerpants

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 11:05:31 AM »

Because you don't like the reference, I don't like the site? Because I defied an arbitrary convention of etiquette to answer a question with a truth from which people refrain to the point of conspicuousness? Is it shocking? Why would it mean I don't like the site? Wait. Let me check the question. Your sensibilities were offended because why? Is there something in what I said that is more inappropriate than you posting some of the pictures you have in the past? I will venture to guess that your sensibilities offend my own more than my words do yours... and your way of reacting to them is even more offensive.

First of all, you took my response in the wrong way. Re-read it as a question, not as an argument, and I think you'll understand what I meant. I wasn't offended myself, but I was surprised that you'd post something sexual here. I am, however, trying to keep this at the very least PG-rated so I can post it on my blog, and I didn't want to censor anyone once I posted it. I s'pose I have to now, but that's not a big deal... If I had intended to be combatant or argumentative, I would have PMed you instead. I really don't want this here. Ruining the vibe, you know? It's like you've just put out my happy-time incense. Thankfully, I've got a couple boxes of 'em.
Second of all, I'm not sure what the things I have done in the past have to do with this thread or my reaction, since that was in a nudies thread that allowed and encouraged nudity, and this is a thread in which I requested that posters remain appropriate so that we can stay out of the Anarchy section... And frankly, it irritates me that most times you get into a tiff with me, you bring it up. So I posted pics of my boobs. Who cares? It was ok for a moment, then they took the thread down. End'o'story.
And I simply thought you were being humorous to point out your own disapproval/disagreement. Is this reaction really that offensive? I'm sorry you took it that way, and I hope this clears it up for you.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 11:45:07 AM »

Actually... I apologize. This thread is long enough and simple enough in concept that I didn't remember or realize that you had posted the specific request. I hadn't even actually noted that the thread was of your making. I thought your response was to my posting something of this nature at all. In the context of a community in which such references are made regularly, your reaction seemed insane. Now that I realize your issue has to do with the posting of such a comment in this thread, specifically, I stand down. Sorry about my reaction.

I edited my post. You may edit the quote, and the whole mess is reversed.

Golly Mina!

• Coughs and sneezes Spread diseases
  • 死んだ滞在だけ17永久に
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 01:03:03 PM »

Raspberry chocolate cake. mm.

Oh I concur! Yummmmy!
suck my sunrise, bitchbrain.

Happiness is the longing for repetition.

Twice Belladonna

• I cut off my hair and went to sleep.
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 02:28:16 PM »

the smell of cigarette smoke, snow, the smell of autumn in the morning, kittens, when the afternoon sun shines through the lace and makes little patterns all over the place, all of my music, sleeping, weekends, hot chocolate, the first days of summer, the sunset, drawing, silence, solitude, and ciabatta melts from wawa.

dangerpants

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »

Actually... I apologize. This thread is long enough and simple enough in concept that I didn't remember or realize that you had posted the specific request. I hadn't even actually noted that the thread was of your making. I thought your response was to my posting something of this nature at all. In the context of a community in which such references are made regularly, your reaction seemed insane. Now that I realize your issue has to do with the posting of such a comment in this thread, specifically, I stand down. Sorry about my reaction.

I edited my post. You may edit the quote, and the whole mess is reversed.

It's ok, especially since I know where you were coming from now, which was understandable coming from anyone. Given those circumstances, I would react much in the same way. Thank you for apologizing as well, Nyyorkskyyikwawsk'k (by the way, how do you pronounce that?).
Post edited, crisis averted.  ;D

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 06:24:10 PM »

If you were to try and pronounce it phonetically, you would probably be correct. You'll find that it doesn't sound quite human.

dangerpants

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 06:26:20 PM »

I dare you to say it three times fast.

85283-071

• M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2008, 06:30:28 PM »

It makes a great soundtrack to the deep sea creatures documentary we are watching.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 06:57:40 PM »

I dare you to say it three times fast.
I have a perfectly rational fear that such an action would invoke into our world a Greater Demon of the Pit...

This would NOT make me happy.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 30  All   Go Up