THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brian wrote this on a youtube video yesterday...  (Read 20453 times)

Shakti

• Poster girl for some suburban sickness
    • View Profile
Re: Brian wrote this on a youtube video yesterday...
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2008, 11:26:42 PM »

Wow... this is going to be a fun group of posts for Amanda to get off the plane to.

I suppose you're right.  But punk cabaret is freedom!  I don't HAVE to be a grown up here, and right now, I don' WANNA.
My own private highway from the cradle to the grave; I save a bundle skipping middle age and Saturdays.

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2008, 11:30:37 PM »

I refuse to believe this shit until A or B say something official here.

I mean, seriously. A youtube video? That's just bull.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

dj50tonhamster

• Shake your booty like Sheik Yerbouti
  • A kindler, gentler machine gun hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2008, 11:34:06 PM »

I refuse to believe this shit until A or B say something official here.

I mean, seriously. A youtube video? That's just bull.

It's not ideal but it is what it is. Didn't Axl fire Slash from Guns n' Roses via a fax sent to MTV? That and Lauren has made a couple of posts about this. Without getting into some sort of "X is totally p33ps w/ B-Dawg" totem pole nonsense, if she says it's Brian, it's Brian. End of story.
"Mommy, will God send fire ants for me someday?"
"Only if you're good and you pray every day, then Jesus sends the bugs for ya. Good night."

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2008, 11:35:32 PM »

THE WORLD IS REALLY ALL IN LOVE

meggygoround

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2008, 11:35:53 PM »

Wow... this is going to be a fun group of posts for Amanda to get off the plane to.

Here, Amanda, watch some more Tina Fey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWjTcnLIyNw

Hah. Yeah, I feel bad starting a whole other post about it. Well, I hope she is better informed about Tina Fey now, because Tina Fey is awesome when one needs a laugh.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »

oh and YOU can stop the TRUTH from LEAKING

disposableideas

• <3
    • View Profile
    • my music
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2008, 11:36:10 PM »

but I haven't the chance to experience punk cabaret in the flesh  :sad5:

edgar was TOTALLY there. i know because i hugged him

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2008, 11:43:21 PM »

^ Yeah, not even a LAST TOUR, Last Superb.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2008, 11:46:24 PM »

An indefinite hiatus, which is what this is, is not an official breakup.

dj50tonhamster

• Shake your booty like Sheik Yerbouti
  • A kindler, gentler machine gun hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2008, 11:50:27 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1CO2QdxM58" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f1CO2QdxM58</a>

This seems oddly appropriate. Chill out and listen to some James Brown. You'll feel better.
"Mommy, will God send fire ants for me someday?"
"Only if you're good and you pray every day, then Jesus sends the bugs for ya. Good night."

Viggie

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2008, 12:39:12 AM »

Hi folks,

Instead of feeling backed into a corner by people demanding an answer about the future of the band,
Amanda and I had both agreed to just let it go and leave it open ended.   However because I dislike that "mysterious"
stuff a lot and always was happy about the nature of the relationship we've had with you guys, it started to upset me seeing all these posts and people feeling "disrespected".  I don't want any of you to feel disrespected or in the dark about things.   

Both Amanda and I together have decided to just ride this one out naturally, not impose any kind of pressure on ourselves to HAVE to do anything that doesn't feel right.  That's always been the beauty of the band.  We always have given each other the space to follow whatever artistic paths we feel drawn to.  I love that.
In addition, for the two of us,  WKAP and World/Inferno are not just ways to kill time until the next Dolls' record or tour.
We are both thrilled to be involved with all the cool stuff going on right now and proud that we have you to share it with.
  There's no time limit on how someone's creativity flows.  It's not measured in decades, or album cycles, or greatest hits packages.   If you are afforded the freedom to follow your bliss in life, then I say go for it.

So, yes, the band is "done" in the sense that we are not actively booking tours, etc.  And there is no date scheduled in the future to "resume working on the new album" as interviewers like to say.

And that's OK with us.   It takes a lot off pressure of us and let's us both focus on what we've already got on our plates.

We are both so proud of the music we've made together,  the community of people and friendships that have grown together, and the fact that we did what we set out to do and did it the way we wanted.
But there's a definite change in course for both of us, so rather than fight it, we embrace it and let each other evolve as people and musicians.  That's healthy.

Also, as I said before,  I'm sure we'll do more shows together someday.  And I am happy that we both are able to say,
"I love you, now go out there and rock, wherever you go" as opposed to it ending bitterly.

So everyone just chill, it's all good in the Dresden 'hood.  You gotta give each other space, you gotta show love to yourself so you can give from a healthy place, and never be afraid to go for what you're heart tells you as you grow.
That's the fuckin' Dolls way, right there.   

For those of you who are still pissed, I understand why and I love you.

For those of you who understand where we're coming from, thanks for the love back and we'll see you out there.

JennieJ - Nothing is ever final, no matter what the current state actually is. They obviously are not in complete agreement as to how final this split is. I can't imagine working that closely with another human being for THAT long, and then completely never playing together again. Sounds to me like they need to do their own thing, and don't want to put a limit on how long that's going to take. It's much easier to say that they are done, and maybe have a "reunion" later on that it is to say they are taking a break and have all their fans hounding them for when the next album or show is. Sad yes, but possibly a necessary step for both of them as individual artists.

Now, I totally agree with dj50tonhamster-
 Chill out and listen to some James Brown. You'll feel better.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2008, 12:47:55 AM »

So everyone just chill, it's all good in the Dresden 'hood.

Haha, Brian <3

Thanks for clearing this up.

From what I gather, this hiatus is a way to prevent a bitter break up or any bitterness, that this break is a more like a Pause rather than a Stop and/or Eject.

Musings

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2008, 12:56:25 AM »

Since I may or may not have been referenced above:

Dear Brian,

Still love you both, and will follow your projects with interest.  I mean, your drumming/producing has led me to listen to a lot of good music I wouldn't have listened to, and I really enjoyed the excitement and heart in your playing when I saw you live, and the sheer joy and love you express when I met you a long time ago.

But your communication skills sucketh in that youtube post.  I stand by that. 

This post though, ten times better.  Thank you for it, and for being you.  Have fun wherever the winds take you.

Mucho love.
www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

disposableideas

• <3
    • View Profile
    • my music
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2008, 12:58:01 AM »

i'm just happy everyone on the shadowbox loves each other.  :love5:

the world is really all in love

edgar was TOTALLY there. i know because i hugged him

seejackrun

• I wasn’t always a monster, I was a prince.
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2008, 01:07:17 AM »

This post made me feel much better... I was kind of on the verge of a total and complete meltdown. (I could share you my 'How the Dolls Saved My Life' story, but i'll spare you. also, i am sick and have a fever so i was already kind of loopy.)

Anyway... one thing I appreciate about Brian and Amanda is that they take care of us... for the most part, they've both been really upfront about the state of things. I'm really glad that they're both taking time apart- even if that means they don't play together anymore. they don't seem to be parting in anger/hate/INEVERWANNASEEYOUAGAIN- and that leaves the spirit of the band and everything i love about it somewhat intact.

i don't know if that was well articulated or not, but that's my two cents.

much much love for brian for all that he does.   :love5: :brave: :headbang:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11  All   Go Up