THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Classical Music You Adore  (Read 12628 times)

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
Re: Classical Music You Adore
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2009, 05:44:26 AM »

Final Fantasy XII.
Final Fantasy!  :D

Nobuo Uematsu = WIN. Not sure if he did twelve though, I wasnt that into twelve, really. I like the older ones better.

FFIX soundtrack <3 love all the variations of the Kuja themes.

Me too. I loved VII and VIII the most. The soundtrack to XII wasn't done by Nobou, though, which makes it much more symphonic than the melodic music of the great Nobou. I had the luxury of attending a concert in Stockholm where they played lots of Final Fantasy music and I swear I must have spent half the time crying, it was so beautiful. Plus, there are those memories of 15-year old me singing along to 'Eyes on Me' and 'Melodies of Life'...

If I ever learn an instrument, I want to learn some of the Final Fantasy pieces. Including Kuja's Theme. Which I know off by heart, sadly. (Kuja! He's pretty, even if pyscho :))

*is jealous of you forever*
I loved VII and IX the most, although VIII was my first FF. I couldnt believe that they changed the composer AND the battle system all in one game, made me feel a bit strange about twelve. It was an alright game, but didnt seem like a Final Fantasy game to me.
Kuja is AWESOME. I guess there are more psycho types out there ^^
Which ones have you played?

@CeeGBee: I have the lone pipe organ version on my iPod  :love5:
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

old news

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2009, 06:15:54 AM »

Final Fantasy XII.
Final Fantasy!  :D

Nobuo Uematsu = WIN. Not sure if he did twelve though, I wasnt that into twelve, really. I like the older ones better.

FFIX soundtrack <3 love all the variations of the Kuja themes.

Me too. I loved VII and VIII the most. The soundtrack to XII wasn't done by Nobou, though, which makes it much more symphonic than the melodic music of the great Nobou. I had the luxury of attending a concert in Stockholm where they played lots of Final Fantasy music and I swear I must have spent half the time crying, it was so beautiful. Plus, there are those memories of 15-year old me singing along to 'Eyes on Me' and 'Melodies of Life'...

If I ever learn an instrument, I want to learn some of the Final Fantasy pieces. Including Kuja's Theme. Which I know off by heart, sadly. (Kuja! He's pretty, even if pyscho :))

*is jealous of you forever*
I loved VII and IX the most, although VIII was my first FF. I couldnt believe that they changed the composer AND the battle system all in one game, made me feel a bit strange about twelve. It was an alright game, but didnt seem like a Final Fantasy game to me.
Kuja is AWESOME. I guess there are more psycho types out there ^^
Which ones have you played?

@CeeGBee: I have the lone pipe organ version on my iPod  :love5:

Haha, I feel a little guilty now. I was working in Northern Germany at the time, saw the chance, and on impulse booked a flight to Stockholm (well, Skavsta, which meant a long coach ride) and stayed there on a little red boat moored by the side of Soedermalm, which is one of the greatest places in the world. Nobou himself was in attendance for the concert (we treated him like a god), but most of the audience were Swedish, including a cute guy dressed up as Reno of the Turks who I chatted with beforehand.

To be honest, although I've never played them properly, XII felt like a MMORPG, just without the rest of the world. I spent most of my time levelling, finding rare items, and exploring: the plot didn't really hang over things like it did with the others, although who could not love those characters (especially Balthier!).

Haha, yes, I tend to fall for the crazy ones. Typical. Not so much Sephiroth, though, oddly. Kuja going crazy on Terra was one of my favourite moments in that game.

I've played IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and XII, which I suppose makes me quite the fangirl. The ones in the middle of that list were my favourites.

(I want them to make a film of VII! And, to keep on topic, to have most of the soundtrack fully orchestrastrated. I have a copy of the Main Theme done on full orchestra, and it makes me melt)

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2009, 09:46:09 AM »

I would probably break down in fangirl tears if I was in the same building as Nobuo Uematsu. Well, not literally, but it sounds like you had an amazing time, anyway ^^

XII didnt really seem to have much of a plot, I agree. I spent most of my time, levelling, item finding and mark hunting also. Lack of plot was one of the reasons XII kinda sucked. Yeah, I didnt love the characters all that much :P Balthier was my favourite too though.

I've played IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 and XII.

Kuja was win. Sephiroth was cool, but Kuja was significantly more lovable.

They sort of did make a film of VII, if you count Advent Children. Seen it?

Also, to keep on topic; I love the MIDI versions of all the music but they vary a bit and never sound as good in any version you find of the music as they do in the game. Orchestrated versions would definitely be awesome too though, but maybe just as soundtracks, as opposed to game audio. Well, maybe. I don't know  :-\
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »

old news

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2009, 09:27:35 PM »

I would probably break down in fangirl tears if I was in the same building as Nobuo Uematsu. Well, not literally, but it sounds like you had an amazing time, anyway ^^

XII didnt really seem to have much of a plot, I agree. I spent most of my time, levelling, item finding and mark hunting also. Lack of plot was one of the reasons XII kinda sucked. Yeah, I didnt love the characters all that much :P Balthier was my favourite too though.

I've played IV, V, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 and XII.

Kuja was win. Sephiroth was cool, but Kuja was significantly more lovable.

They sort of did make a film of VII, if you count Advent Children. Seen it?

Also, to keep on topic; I love the MIDI versions of all the music but they vary a bit and never sound as good in any version you find of the music as they do in the game. Orchestrated versions would definitely be awesome too though, but maybe just as soundtracks, as opposed to game audio. Well, maybe. I don't know  :-\

I think I might have to be fair...especially when he came on stage at the end, which wasn't too far from me.

Awww, Kuja...I wish he'd got a bit more screen-time.

I did, and really liked it, but it's not the same...I want to see the old style Midgar, lurking in the darkness with the mako reactors glowing. I want to hear Sephiroth's theme loudly as Nibelheim burns. It would have to be a trilogy, of course, done epically...

Some MIDIs sound dead-on, because of the technology the Playstation used. I have the soundtrack CD anyhow with the originals which sound exactly like in the game. They did release an orchestrated version for VIII which I love, but strangely not for VII. All games have their piano soundtracks, though.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDsEs-EuS9g

This is the first thing somebody has posted in this thread, that I didn't know, and loved instantly.  Poast moar.

<3

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2009, 07:24:34 AM »

^what was it? (the videos been removed)

Jono

• Facebook
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2009, 07:16:29 AM »

I really like Vivaldi and I like Wagner, despite the connotations liking him has
Quote from: lucyanna
*whispers to jono* this must seem very odd to you - none of this is reeeaallllllll - we're in candy mountain!

Alyss

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »

The Moonlight Sonata.

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »

"Traumerei" by Schumann is one I'm memorizing. At least, I like it when I'm the one playing it.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

GalacticSimian

• Ihr lieber Herr
  • I am still not getting what I want.
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2009, 08:48:44 AM »

Toccata & Fugue is fantastic (I'm learning it on piano but a] it's a substandard transcription and b] I suck)
Otherwise, Dvorak's Slavonic Dances, just for their zaniness.
Greig's Peer Gynt is ok, but it has been overdone a lot I suppose.
Handel's Water Music is great, as is his Music for Royal Fireworks. Very pompous / joyous.
As for Tchaikovsky — Piano Concerto 1 Bb Minor (Allegro Non Troppo) is just amazing.
So is his other stuff, Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, etc. One of my favourites is his Introduction to Eugene Onegin just cos it's kind of creepy and mysterious. And you can't forget Saint-Saens and the Danse Macabre

But by far my favourites would have to be Prokofiev's Montagues and Capulets and Moussorgsky's  Night on Bald/Bare Mountain
Powerful, dramatic and scary classical music is the best kind of classical music! =)

I think I have a "classical-emo" taste in music?  ;D
I seem drawn to anything dark and depressing.

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2009, 06:14:19 PM »

I love playing Moonlight Sonata.

And I love quite a few of Chopin's Preludes (which I can play as well).

If I ever improve enough to play a nocturne from Chopin...ah that would be awesome.

But I really dig Chopin, I love the structures of his pieces.

Another song which I would classify as a classical piece is the Piano Duet from Corpse Bride. I can't play it as fast as they can but I'm almost there...I love that song.

Holmes

• you're my
  • betch
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2009, 05:02:21 AM »

Bach's Cello Suites

ALL of Schubert's Lieder

and most of all, Stravinksy's Firebird. Beautiful  O0

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »

The Flower Duet (Lakmé)
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up