THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 645   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you Listening to Now?  (Read 786223 times)

Two Headed Boy

• is placing fingers through the notches in your spine
    • MySpace
Re: What are you Listening to Now?
« Reply #1260 on: January 10, 2008, 05:36:17 PM »

The National - Boxer
Buffalo hunting? I've gone buffalo huntin'? What the fuck does that mean?

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #1261 on: January 10, 2008, 07:29:58 PM »

Sleater-Kinney, Sleater-Kinney, my life is all about Sleater-Kinney right now. I wish I had discovered them before they went on hiatus.  :'(

you think thats bad. Imagine if you were at a festival they were playing just before they broke up, only you hadnt heard of them yet and when some friends went you said "oh sleater kinney, hmm i think i'll see this other band instead", then you listen to an album and love it completely, and listen to another and love that completely, then falling completely in love with them and kicking yourself for not seeing them but thinking "well they'll come back to australia some time", then them  BREAKING UP!!!!!!!!!!!  :violent5: - this is what i wanna do to myslef for not seeing them when i had the chance...

Emaline

« Reply #1262 on: January 10, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »

Sleater-Kinney, Sleater-Kinney, my life is all about Sleater-Kinney right now. I wish I had discovered them before they went on hiatus.  :'(

you think thats bad. Imagine if you were at a festival they were playing just before they broke up, only you hadnt heard of them yet and when some friends went you said "oh sleater kinney, hmm i think i'll see this other band instead", then you listen to an album and love it completely, and listen to another and love that completely, then falling completely in love with them and kicking yourself for not seeing them but thinking "well they'll come back to australia some time", then them  BREAKING UP!!!!!!!!!!!  :violent5: - this is what i wanna do to myslef for not seeing them when i had the chance...

Oh man, that does really suck. I hope they do a reunion at some point... because I can only imagine how awesome their live shows are...

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #1263 on: January 11, 2008, 01:08:25 AM »

Oh man, that does really suck. I hope they do a reunion at some point... because I can only imagine how awesome their live shows are...

oh yeah that would be awesome! What stuff do you listen to? Cause I only really know their last 2 albums, not really anything before that, and I've been meaning to buy an earlier album.

Oh also have you heard of Heavens To Betsy? Its the band Corrine was in before Sleater Kinney. They only made one album, but i bought it, its quite cool :)

JelliedFrogsOnToast

• somewhere over the rainbow
    • Calling all Myspace-Whores (:
« Reply #1264 on: January 12, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »

Has anyone heard Ray Childish??!
I like very muchly!
Currently listening to "Corpse Bride".  :D

www.myspace.com/raychildish

XX
Just sometimes, I miss the 'good old days'....

Each Peach Pear Plum.
I spy Tom Thumb.
Tom Thumb in the cupboard.
I spy Mother Hubbard.
Mother Hubbard in the cellar.
I spy Cinderella.
Cinderella on the stairs.
I spy The Three Bears.
Three bears out hunting.
I spy Baby Bunting.

etc.

mäire

• I don't suppose you have seen any ent wifes?
« Reply #1265 on: January 12, 2008, 08:52:01 PM »

yes anastasia

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #1266 on: January 13, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »

yes anastasia

yes indeed!

Sorry Bunch

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #1267 on: January 13, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »

"Where the streets have no name(live)" - world's greatest band :glasses9:

plur

Emaline

« Reply #1268 on: January 13, 2008, 05:05:01 PM »

oh yeah that would be awesome! What stuff do you listen to? Cause I only really know their last 2 albums, not really anything before that, and I've been meaning to buy an earlier album.

Oh also have you heard of Heavens To Betsy? Its the band Corrine was in before Sleater Kinney. They only made one album, but i bought it, its quite cool :)

I have everything I think except for their debut. I just got The Hot Rock on vinyl. I will try to find Heavens to Betsey, I did read about it on Wiki when I was researching S-K!

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #1269 on: January 13, 2008, 07:28:04 PM »

I have everything I think except for their debut. I just got The Hot Rock on vinyl. I will try to find Heavens to Betsey, I did read about it on Wiki when I was researching S-K!

oh Heavens to Betsy are wonderful. The album sounds really rough, and its very loud and the vocals arew a little quiet, but its awesome. Nowhere near as good as SK, but still worth getting!

Anywho out of pre- One Beat stuff, what would be a good one to get first, i feel i should get more albums, but as people have told me the woods is probably their best album i dont wanna be dissapointed

Emaline

« Reply #1270 on: January 13, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »

oh Heavens to Betsy are wonderful. The album sounds really rough, and its very loud and the vocals arew a little quiet, but its awesome. Nowhere near as good as SK, but still worth getting!

Anywho out of pre- One Beat stuff, what would be a good one to get first, i feel i should get more albums, but as people have told me the woods is probably their best album i dont wanna be dissapointed

If you've got all their stuff prior and up to One Beat, the only album after that is The Woods, which is definitely fucking phenomenal, but all of their stuff is good in my opinion  :coolsmiley:

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #1271 on: January 13, 2008, 07:51:52 PM »

If you've got all their stuff prior and up to One Beat, the only album after that is The Woods, which is definitely fucking phenomenal, but all of their stuff is good in my opinion  :coolsmiley:

ooh i meant i have the woods and one beat and nothing before that lol!

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #1272 on: January 13, 2008, 07:52:14 PM »

strangely, i've been listening to Sweeney Todd (not that god-awful soundtrack, but the broadway revival cast) constantly. it's the only thing making me feel better. the thought of people dying. yes.

murmur

« Reply #1273 on: January 14, 2008, 02:11:07 AM »

http://musicovery.com

You choose your mood and it plays music you can discover new artists and old and whatever.

All alone - Gorillaz

Emaline

« Reply #1274 on: January 14, 2008, 09:00:50 AM »

ooh i meant i have the woods and one beat and nothing before that lol!

I definitely, definitely love The Hot Rock... it's such a good breakup album, imo. All Hands On The Bad One also rocks my proverbial socks.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 645   Go Up