THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: contact lenses  (Read 3078 times)

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
Re: contact lenses
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 07:20:03 AM »

Fuck contacts. I'm getting LASIK in a few months, and everyone else should too. Contacts hurt, and I don't look good in glasses.

How much are you paying?

during the second consultation, they quoted several prices. They said if I have a laser assisted microkeratome procedure (which, apparently means they use an actual blade assisted by lasers to make the incision in your cornea) that it'll cost about $1,500. For normal lasik, I'd pay $2,300. And for "wavefront guided lasik" (and I still don't really know what the fuck that is, something about using better lasers to make your eye more "optically perfect") I'd pay $2,500.

I still have one more consultation, because I have 20/110 vision, and ocular hypertension, which apparently makes things more complicated. I'm not comfortable with the first option, and I'm not sure which of the other two to choose. I'm really hoping that the doctor will tell me that the third option is just an extra $200 so they can test out more fancy lasers.

Oh, and all prices are per eye.  :buck2:
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
  • The Guy With The Blue Avatar
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 09:23:24 AM »

Fuck contacts. I'm getting LASIK in a few months, and everyone else should too. Contacts hurt, and I don't look good in glasses.

How much are you paying?

during the second consultation, they quoted several prices. They said if I have a laser assisted microkeratome procedure (which, apparently means they use an actual blade assisted by lasers to make the incision in your cornea) that it'll cost about $1,500. For normal lasik, I'd pay $2,300. And for "wavefront guided lasik" (and I still don't really know what the fuck that is, something about using better lasers to make your eye more "optically perfect") I'd pay $2,500.

I still have one more consultation, because I have 20/110 vision, and ocular hypertension, which apparently makes things more complicated. I'm not comfortable with the first option, and I'm not sure which of the other two to choose. I'm really hoping that the doctor will tell me that the third option is just an extra $200 so they can test out more fancy lasers.

Oh, and all prices are per eye.  :buck2:

Darn. I was hoping that the prices would have gone down somewhat, since it's now been around for several years. I guess not. I've been considering it for a while now, but at those prices, I'd basically have to ignore some bills and fast at least half of the year. :P
What is a rebel? A man who says no. - Albert Camus

___ampersand

• Just likes playing hospital.
  • I'm not the girl you think I am.
    • Shameless Plug
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »

I've had contacts for eight years now, and I love them. They're soft, and I dispose of them once a month. The irritation goes away after a few days, and you do get really fast at putting them in. Worth the time and effort imho.
The kind who comes to poker pockets stuffed with kings and aces

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 09:27:06 PM »

thanks for your input, everyone.

it'll probably still be december until i get them. then i'll be able to take the time to get used to them.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up