THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brigading NYC, November 21st  (Read 2629 times)

Nicola

• don't give a fuck if she's a
  • Keepin' the "Punk" in Punk Cabaret.
    • NN ... Graphic Design & Street Art
Brigading NYC, November 21st
« on: October 03, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »

It's been a couple years since I've brigaded, and I miss it like Hell, so I wanna jump back into the ranks when Amanda plays Webster Hall on November 21st. My act back in the day was Redd Justice the Unlucky Gambler, and I played around with a lot of black and red, playing cards and dice imagery, and often incorporated games of chance or whimsy with living statue. I'd kind of like to go in a different direction this time around, and I'd really love to collaborate with other people.

My talents range from statuing and juggling, to fearlessness and masochism, to visual art. If you're looking for someone to paint graffiti all over you, hold still while you light them on fire or poke them with (clean!) needles, dress up as a monkey and dance while you grind an organ, or juggle your prescription pill bottles while you mime weeping, I'm your girl. If you're looking for someone who plays an instrument, I am not your girl, but for just about anything else I can make up for what I may lack in talent with what I lack in common sense and sense of decency.

So, in personal ad speak, since it feels like that's what this post has dissolved into: Lonesome Brigadier Seeks Companion for High Adventure and Low Art.

I'm also hoping this thread will spark some discussion and creative brainstorming from my fellow New Yorkers about the upcoming show, and what they're thinkin' about doin'.
:wav:
I want this image attached to everything I post. Please imagine the little fuckers saying "HUP!" everytime they do the wave. HUP! HUP! HUP! HUP!

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
Re: Brigading NYC, November 21st
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 11:20:01 PM »

I might make it out to New York for that show, if I do...possible collaboration? once I get my head together on brigade shtuff I'll be more concrete on the manner.
drawsomethingawful.com
twitter.com/LizGrammaticas

Marldance

• Two headed girl
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 04:04:37 PM »

have either of you or anyone for that matter actually heard back from steven? My friend and I emailed him weeks ago with no response. The show's are very soon and we really would like to know whats going on.

You could write a letter then or, God forbid, come visit me !

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:33:59 PM »

I wont be at the nyc show it turns out, but I'd imagine you'd be hearing from steven soon now that they've touched ground back in the U.S.
drawsomethingawful.com

Nicola

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 02:11:21 AM »

Still no word from Steven. I emailed him some ideas I had about creating a rogue's gallery of Amanda's killers and never heard anything back.
I want this image attached to everything I post. Please imagine the little fuckers saying "HUP!" everytime they do the wave. HUP! HUP! HUP! HUP!

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 10:05:54 AM »

He's took care of the first part of the tour, and the rest should have replies in a few days.
drawsomethingawful.com

Nicola

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 05:20:06 PM »

I got an email today. Hopefully this is gonna be awesome!

x_plastique.doll

• Oh Christ, I'm a
  • Wot Wot.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

I just went to the New Haven show last night and I'm going to be in the New York area tomorrow, so I'd be available to do some brigading :3
I've done some minor work as a living statue locally (in Connecticut) and I am quite efficient with a Diablo.
I'm currently an Art Student and I specialize in visual art and sculpture. I'd be really interested in collaborating with someone else !
Hm.

the empty girl

• cyber stalker extraordinaire.
  • I'm going to go draw happy cheese now.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 05:13:31 PM »

It turned out Okay. was my first time brigading, not at all what I expected, but great night none the less. If anyone got photos of us PLEASE post them.

"When people say they envy me and my life that's like a movie come true, I smile and neglect to tell them that the movie is Rock-a-Doodle." -JV
Pages: [1]   Go Up