THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boston brigagaggade (let's get this rolling)  (Read 1411 times)

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
Boston brigagaggade (let's get this rolling)
« on: November 19, 2008, 12:09:08 PM »

So those who have been in contact with steven should have received an email from the lovely lad. those who haven't been, but still want to brigade, this is the plan.

Hi All!

May I start by apologising for how long it has taken me to get back to you all.. the amount of emails I've been receiving between co-ordinating food and brigade in the states has been OVERWHELMING.. but we are here now and I'm so fucking psyched to see what the crazy and beautiful cats in Boston are going to create for the paradise shows - they are going to be OFF THE HOOK!

THANK YOU for wanting to be involved in this epic rockloveart fest!

I'm writing to you as a group because I'd really recommend working together and co-ordinating with each other for the show - queen of the brigade - eLizabeth Grammaticas is gonna be co-ordinating this one and she's up above as : drawsomethingawful@gmail.com

The theme of the show is that Amanda is dead - so we are looking at doing funeral/wake related stuff outside the venue before doors and then inside the foyer/floor space until the first act on stage happens.  I'd suggest looking at doing a funeral set up.. with mourners and flowers and pictures of Amanda..  you can get as creative as you like with it - you are only restricted by not breaking the law, not injuring yourself or anyone else and not pissing on the venues (because they are our life blood).

We sadly don't have any room backstage and the venues are getting increasingly strict on not letting anyone that isn't touring staff back there - so you would need to do something that can be organised without needing any space to prepare (or do as I have many times and use cars and public bathrooms to prepare)..

Let me know what you guys are thinking and if I can offer any advice - I would love to - feel free to talk amongst yourselves and try to wrangle some other friends into playing along with you..  anything interactive with the crowd is awesome!  Get super creative - let's try and find a new aesthetic.. something classy and morbid, lynchian and beautiful - I love it when things are so beautiful that it hurts and they fall out of the mundane world into a dreamscape.    We have the huge blessing in boston to have a band who are keen to play out on the street with you here - Chuck who is above as emperor@ensmb.com is your man for that..

so start talking - jam away - keep me in the loop..  let me know how I can help..  I'm so excited to meet y'all (and see you again if we've met)

super love,
S.

We can have a discussion thread here of ideas and madness.  Let's show zee home town pride and knock some metaphorical socks off.  We've got less than a week and I've heard from one person, so let's get the ball rolllling

I personally would love to get an arty lynchian funeral going.  ideally...lots of red curtains for the venue..with brigade acts in and around them...in the nooks and crannies of the venue.   (but in the process of checking if this is venue okay).
<3

-Liz
drawsomethingawful.com
twitter.com/LizGrammaticas

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: Boston brigagaggade (let's get this rolling)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 01:03:03 PM »

I can only comment on the Funerary service at the Koko gig at camden, which worked immensely well
( thanks to EVERYONE )
encourage all to bring flowers as all the extra flowers we had brought along meant that the entire crowd were waving them at the show... looked amazing! we read WKAP lyrics and some very random stuff as a serious funerary service, which worked incredibly well.... also, a simple net curtain worked incredibly well as a funerary shroud for our dead Amanda for the day.... Carly!
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Liz

• breaking glass
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 01:49:09 PM »

I had heard about that show, it sounds like it was glooorious. that's so fantastic, thank you for the input. I hope we can be as beautiful and successful.

(and I love that the flowers were waved around at the show. ROCK)
drawsomethingawful.com
twitter.com/LizGrammaticas

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 02:11:25 PM »

You yanks always do it bigger and better! make us proud
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel
Pages: [1]   Go Up