THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Therapy through Writing  (Read 79 times)

ampersandgirl

Therapy through Writing
« on: February 11, 2017, 03:01:43 PM »

Shitty week due to issues in my 7+ year long relationship.  The kind of issues where everything is either going to work out "happily ever after" or everything is going to go absolutely to hell and I'm going to want to pull an Ophelia and drown myself in the Charles River.  Seriously, I'm counting it as a win that I haven't cried yet today, and that yesterday I only cried once. 

Anyway.

I wrote a thing and would love some feedback.  Trying to work out my inner demons I guess.  I was challenging myself to tell a story in fewer than 500 words.  Would love to know what people think. 

[Untitled Strange Story]
I never believed.  It is rather difficult to imagine.  The Elder Gods have risen, and I never believed.  It was just a thing to do on the weekends. 

My girlfriend got me into it.  She was gorgeous - all long dark hair, and white skin, and pale lips.  Her eyes were cold, pale blue and they saw things.  She brought me to my first meeting and held my hand as the knife came down on the sacrifice.  I threw up.  I cried.  I kept coming back.  Not for the gods.  For her.

The mystic ceremonies almost made me believe - the smoke that ‘opened our minds’ to the voices of the nameless ones.  We inhaled and we saw the destruction of Carcosa, envisioned it happening here on our fair and distant shore.  And I believed in her more than anything.

And then she left me.  Looked at me with ice-chip eyes, "Sorry," she lied.   Said she no longer believed.  But this will show her.  This will show everyone.
I live in the real world, where magic is illusion and fakery, and supernatural beings don’t actually exist.  In the real world, I don’t exist.  In the real world, all that follows are lies.  In the real world…none of this ever actually happened.

Faloleen

Re: Therapy through Writing
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 02:27:05 PM »

Hi. I think your story is beautiful, impressive and very very well written! I would love to read more from you, really. Also sorry about your current situation, I am in some kind of a purgatory when my marriage is crumbling and one new relationship is just building oh so slowly that I cannot be sure it will ever develop. So I can imagine how you feel. Sort of. Anyway, thank you for a great story.
Fate is not a factor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up