THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTE: why Amanda does gigs everywhere but where you live.  (Read 130 times)

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
NOTE: why Amanda does gigs everywhere but where you live.
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »

[ please feel free to comment & suggest improvements below. ]

a few thoughts on why Amanda does ninja gigs & small venues everywhere, except where you can see her live.

i know how much those of you who don't live anywhere near where she performs, really want to see her live & attend a meet-n-greet (a.k.a. a signing).

Amanda's small venues & ninja gigs are often piggy-backed on visits to places with large venues where she's performing.

also, near to or where she is attending a conference, or visiting friends or family,  including musical friends for ad hoc projects. 

rarely, its an exciting (to her) place she hasn't been before.  e.g. Cuba, Israel, & South Africa (though she had Kickstarter house parties in the last two).

she also adds small venues in places she hasn't performed before, for tours/projects where it makes sense to.

the more people you can turn on to Amanda's music in your area, the more likely she'll come.  that is, build a large enough audience for her to do a show!

be patient, your time could come.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up