Amanda Palmer | The Dresden Dolls | Brian Viglione > Touring: Shows & Events

Halloween! London!

(1/4) > >>

Miss Sahara:
Soooo.... is anyone who occasionally reads the shadowbox going to one of the London shows??

I'm going to the show on october, 31st and figured I'd start a thread now like in old times and pretend that people still use the shadowbox hahaha

lentower:
great you started the thread!
might comment on a few of the more recent threads!
OK, if I link to this thread from the FB event page?

i've decided not to go to these shows from Boston in the USA.
hopefully, other sboxers are going & will post!

Miss Sahara:

--- Quote from: lentower on August 04, 2018, 12:57:23 PM ---great you started the thread!
might comment on a few of the more recent threads!
OK, if I link to this thread from the FB event page?

i've decided not to go to these shows from Boston in the USA.
hopefully, other sboxers are going & will post!

--- End quote ---

Hi :)

hm, i feel like facebook is a whole other world, and there is already a group there to connect for the shows...
it's no problem if this thread is not really used, it's just for fun and nostalgia^^
but thank you for your efforts! :)

i am sooo curious how the dolls will sound and i cant wait (and i wonder if the things i will feel when listening will resemble the things i felt when i saw them the last time, 10 years ago...getting older is strange)

and ok i'll check out other recent threads now, haha

lentower:
i've been to the boston & some of the nyc reunion shows since
the "breakup" almost a decade ago.
the d.dolls sounded much the same to me.
brought up similar feelings, but as I had felt more & grown,
so had my feelings.
i particularly enjoyed meeting new fans & seeing old ones.

let us know how you find the London shows?!?

& have fun here on the sbox & elsewhere.

Merk:
I just realised I've been a fan of the dolls/Amanda for 12 years now...  I have seen Amanda numerous times (last week in Edinburgh actually) but this will be my first dolls gig.  I can't remember when I was this excited about a gig since I was a teenager!?  I am still in disbelief that this is happening.

The dolls were THAT important band for me when I was "discovering myself" in high school.  I was such a fangirl.  (i guess I still am?)  The dolls have always been in a special place in my heart now for over a decade.  It's nice to revisit the forum and remind myself of the impact the dolls have had on my life and in bringing this forum/community together.

I'll be there on the 31st, what songs are we hoping to hear?  I would really love to hear Glass Slipper.  It's an added bonus these gigs are over the Halloween period, I'm excited to see what they make of that...  the 18th year anniversary? wow. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version