THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 ... 1034   Go Down

Author Topic: photos of you!  (Read 1530594 times)

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
Re: photos of you!
« Reply #5385 on: January 29, 2009, 05:03:14 AM »

Anyways, picture:
I fucking love that shirt.

Oooh I has that one too  O0
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

ErikwithaK

« Reply #5386 on: January 29, 2009, 06:16:54 AM »

Fair enough.
I'd really appreciate some help with apologising, incidentally....like I said, I don't know how to start. Just like, some advice. How to phrase it, who to apologise to first, etc.

Alright. Wow.

Folks:

Some of you are actually trying to get to know this guy/gal/thing? You're doing it again. Re-read that quote above. "Don't know how to apologize", "I feel really badly", "I'd love you get to know you folk"? Honestly, I really can appreciate the fact that people on here are so trusting, but be real, and watch yourselves. Do you honestly think that Alice did all this without the intention of revealing itself the way it has, and reveling in the drama it's caused? And acting exactly like it's acting right now?

I mean, there's being nice, and there's being too nice. You're all too nice. It's not "finally telling the truth". I can guarantee it.

It's a troll. A pretty good one. But just a troll. And should be treated as such. Although it sucks, and if you got wrapped up emotionally in it it's embarrassing, but asking for apologies and/or trying to get to know the guy/girl/thing is too much, in my opinion.

Alice: I actually like you, as a character. But you're still a character. And you won't ever be anything more here. You...I meant you didn't burn the bridge, you conflaged the mother fucker. You don't honestly thing you can fit in here. I know it. I'd recommend leaving, but I don't think it'll matter, you'll be gone in a week. And if you truely felt bad? You'd have already left.

And to be more blunt: if you really have been pretending to be someone else on another forum for a number of years, to the point where people are that attached to that character, you have issues. Get checked out. I'm serious. Megolomania isn't healthy. You either haven't experienced enough of life yet to know just how fragile some people can be (given the amount of time you spend on the internet it wouldn't surprise me) or are just mean spirited. You can claim "I don't know what to do" all you want, and that its fun and games, but that's all BS. And you seem smart enough to know it.

You can't be that articulate and elaborate, and then claim to not understand basic emotions. Brah. And I'd hate to see you end up a sociopath.

I'm all for a good game. Even a mind fuck. I don't disapprove of what you did here. But I truely hope you reap what you sow on that other forum, if what you said it true. Unfortunately I just think you'll end up causing a lot of pain, or made it up. Hopefully you don't believe in karma.

Everyone else: some of you are giving him the benefit of the doubt. That's what got you into this mess. Stay away, don't befriend, ignore if possible, and try and remember for next time. The SB is not necessarily the safe haven it might appear to be. That doesn't change your current relationships steming from this board. It is what you make it. But it's definitely not safe. It's a public message board.

Anyways, picture:

"You either haven't experienced enough of life yet to know just how fragile some people can be"
YOu are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO correct with that statement. There was recently a case here in the USA, I can't remember where, where the mother of a girl who was being teased at school created a fake myspace account as a teenage boy and befriended her daughter's bully, another girl at school. The mother built the bully up over a period of time. Telling her how cool she was, how beautiful she was, and then completely tore her down. Told her she was worthless. It ended with the girl ultimately committing suicide. The mother of the girl being bullied is going to be tried for murder. It just goes to show you how involved some people can get over the internet. I mean, there are people who fall in love with eachother over the net all the time, and sometimes do so for years without meeting. Can you imagine if someone you had thought you had come to know so well, told you that you are completely useless? I mean, I know no one on here is going to go kill themselves over the Alice/Alyss?Fergus(totally fake name, because who whould be so mean as to name their child Fergus?)/Mangirlthing, but it just goes to show you how powerful the internet can be.
Harnessing my psychic capabilities...

fishbulb

« Reply #5387 on: January 29, 2009, 06:37:48 AM »

Fair enough.
I'd really appreciate some help with apologising, incidentally....like I said, I don't know how to start. Just like, some advice. How to phrase it, who to apologise to first, etc.

Alright. Wow.

Folks:

Some of you are actually trying to get to know this guy/gal/thing? You're doing it again. Re-read that quote above. "Don't know how to apologize", "I feel really badly", "I'd love you get to know you folk"? Honestly, I really can appreciate the fact that people on here are so trusting, but be real, and watch yourselves. Do you honestly think that Alice did all this without the intention of revealing itself the way it has, and reveling in the drama it's caused? And acting exactly like it's acting right now?

I mean, there's being nice, and there's being too nice. You're all too nice. It's not "finally telling the truth". I can guarantee it.

It's a troll. A pretty good one. But just a troll. And should be treated as such. Although it sucks, and if you got wrapped up emotionally in it it's embarrassing, but asking for apologies and/or trying to get to know the guy/girl/thing is too much, in my opinion.

Alice: I actually like you, as a character. But you're still a character. And you won't ever be anything more here. You...I meant you didn't burn the bridge, you conflaged the mother fucker. You don't honestly thing you can fit in here. I know it. I'd recommend leaving, but I don't think it'll matter, you'll be gone in a week. And if you truely felt bad? You'd have already left.

And to be more blunt: if you really have been pretending to be someone else on another forum for a number of years, to the point where people are that attached to that character, you have issues. Get checked out. I'm serious. Megolomania isn't healthy. You either haven't experienced enough of life yet to know just how fragile some people can be (given the amount of time you spend on the internet it wouldn't surprise me) or are just mean spirited. You can claim "I don't know what to do" all you want, and that its fun and games, but that's all BS. And you seem smart enough to know it.

You can't be that articulate and elaborate, and then claim to not understand basic emotions. Brah. And I'd hate to see you end up a sociopath.

I'm all for a good game. Even a mind fuck. I don't disapprove of what you did here. But I truely hope you reap what you sow on that other forum, if what you said it true. Unfortunately I just think you'll end up causing a lot of pain, or made it up. Hopefully you don't believe in karma.

Everyone else: some of you are giving him the benefit of the doubt. That's what got you into this mess. Stay away, don't befriend, ignore if possible, and try and remember for next time. The SB is not necessarily the safe haven it might appear to be. That doesn't change your current relationships steming from this board. It is what you make it. But it's definitely not safe. It's a public message board.

Anyways, picture:

I observed all of this, and in light of my own history here in the shadowbox I tried to form a kind of warning for people, since the reactions partly really surprised me, but I couldn't find the right words. Kovacs, you just said what I was trying to think / say. If somebody has been hurtful to you, he will again. Stay away. If somebody has lied about their identity, they will lie again. An idendity is presented, later retracted and another identity replaces it. How long until that gets retracted too? The internet is a bucket of snot filled with eels. If you don't want snot all over you, stay away or be really really careful. Being too trusting is never a good thing. Please be careful.

Ps I'm not trying to say everybody is an eel, it's just an analogy, I did make some very good friends in here.

slyvia k

« Reply #5388 on: January 29, 2009, 06:54:06 AM »

you all have valid points
BUTTT

fishbulb

« Reply #5389 on: January 29, 2009, 07:01:42 AM »

Fair enough. I'll copy and post Kovacs's point and mine in the thread that Cee made, because I do feel a sort of warning is appropriate.

Rob

• Now I must go, Sean Hannity is on.
  • Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #5390 on: January 29, 2009, 09:43:23 AM »

Kovacs said, "brah"!
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

Briar La Boheme

• i wanna be (ON) yr
  • i double parked my panther.
    • briar against bubblegum youth
« Reply #5391 on: January 29, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »

BUTTT

You are totally correct, and also, you are totally adorable  O0

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #5392 on: January 29, 2009, 10:28:17 AM »

BUTTT

You are totally correct, and also, you are totally adorable  O0

sylvia! you is too cute. i is going to hug you next week  :love5:
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

slyvia k

« Reply #5393 on: January 29, 2009, 10:39:07 AM »

aw thanks julia! :love5:
and anne, yessssssss, i is going to hug you too! cant wait!!! :)

Alyss

« Reply #5394 on: January 29, 2009, 11:57:21 AM »

Raar! That is awesome hair.

AnnaBeck

• I'm the Agatha Christie of punkrock muffucker
    • Anna A. Fungus
« Reply #5395 on: January 29, 2009, 12:14:32 PM »

i'm gonna go and shoot myself

edit: a better version
I imagine all the people

I wrestle with my brain.

« Reply #5396 on: January 29, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »

o___________________o

:glasses9:
Oh, but no one can stare at the wall as good as you my baby doll...

Rini Martini

• is not as callous as you think.
    • Myspace
« Reply #5397 on: January 29, 2009, 12:27:14 PM »

Ha, that's amazing!  O0

Here's me with a friend. I'm on the right. Crappy pictures of me but funny memories.

'Hello, I'm good for nothing, would you love me just the same?'

Alyss

« Reply #5398 on: January 29, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »

Nah, that photo's alright. And you have gorgeous eyes!

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #5399 on: January 29, 2009, 04:41:43 PM »

WUT CAN I SAYZ
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 363 364 ... 1034   Go Up