THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: HEADS UP: Brigadiers Must Purchase Tickets for Solo Tour Shows  (Read 4098 times)

Nicola

• don't give a fuck if she's a
  • Keepin' the "Punk" in Punk Cabaret.
    • NN ... Graphic Design & Street Art
Re: HEADS UP: Brigadiers Must Purchase Tickets for Solo Tour Shows
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 12:42:30 AM »

Question:
I don't understand why art can't just be art for art's sake.

Answer:
i like it when my favorite artists can pay rent and eat.
:wav:
I want this image attached to everything I post. Please imagine the little fuckers saying "HUP!" everytime they do the wave. HUP! HUP! HUP! HUP!

EudoraFletcher

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 01:26:09 AM »

yes and that is one of the reasons why amanda can't let the brigade in for free at her solo shows...thank you.

"When the soul first puts on the body's shirt,
the ocean lifted up all its gifts.

When love first tasted the lips of being human,
it started singing."

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 02:55:23 AM »

..... and back to the reasons for why the Brigade is not a professional performance troupe even though many participants may be professionals!
I really do not see why people are complaining so much about this...... I tend to buy tickets whenever I can for Dolls gigs and amanda gigs...... occasionally i have had the priveledge of getting in for free (notably the entire week I was in Edinburgh last year...... it helped after spending about £300 just to be there) It is not about being better or superior to the rest  of the crowd...... who pay...... but about supporting an artist (or band) we care about in a creative way......sometimes this has complete artisitc freedom for the indiviuals involved, sometimes a more focused and specific thing will be suggested....
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

wickesbi

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »

I can only speak for myself/family.  My husband and I have  brigaded at all but the first show we went to.  We have also bought tickets to every show we've been to since the first one in 2004, that totals somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 shows!  Our view is that if you appreciate the artist, you should support them, and that includes financially. Buying a ticket to a show is not charity, it is an exchange of payment for services rendered.  If the fans don't support the artists, the artists will be unable to continue providing us with the art we so enjoy.

we enjoy brigading, and appreciate Amanda's encouragement of artistry in her fans.  we appreciate being let in before the doors open when we are helping out by brigading, but every ticket we don't buy is that much less she makes on tour.

When the PROFESSIONAL artists sharing the bill (Danger Ensamble) are working for tips/no pay, I think it is a little presumptious for VOUNTEER brigaders to expect payment, especially when Amanda was clear about this from the beginning. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up