THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SF Show (Dec. 15) Street Team & Brigade  (Read 5963 times)

prettyhatemachine

• ~got enough guilt to start my own Religion~
    • Pieces of Me~
Re: SF Show (Dec. 15) Street Team & Brigade
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 02:31:30 AM »

well my costume has turned into more of a goth/mourning dress... black, lace, sequins...very HOT!! i love it

my hubby will be dressing as a priest...priest collar and all...and he has a bottle that says HOLY WATER on it...he will be blessing those around...and I will be giving out Black flowers...solemnly...

so this is our plan at the moment!

Tamora

• La Reine de Quoi?
  • WHAT IS THIS, SIXTH FUCKING GRADE?!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 01:13:13 AM »

Good times, good times. :)

Anyone wanna sing some funereal songs together?  Ave Maria, Amazing Grace, God Bless the Child, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Wish You Were Here, Point of it All, Sing, Delilah (maybe replace the name with Amanda ;))...

Notice how my suggestions gradually progressed from the classical to the... er, not-so-much? XD
/The number of them is insane\
\Every exit's an exboyfriend memory lane/
/Every major street's a minor heart attack\
\I see a red jeep and I want to paint it black!/
/IT COULD BE HIM.\

saintmae

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »

We'll be there: my partner, his other girlfriend and I.

You may remember me as the lollipop girl from the Fillmore show.

Anyways, we would *love* to be part of your jazz funeral procession! Sign us up! Can we get Brigade passes? We have tickets, so we don't need to be on the guest list, but we'd love to arrive early and get ready at the venue.

What can we do to help make this awesome?

--Autumn

Tamora

• La Reine de Quoi?
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »

I remember you! :)

I'm not sure about Brigade passes.  I've been trying to find out, but they're naturally pretty busy, especially since the SF show isn't yet sold out. :(

I'm gonna try to find out. In case I manage to contact someone to get brigade passes, send me your names so I can tell them who.  Otherwise, I'll put your username down.

And you can bring flowers, candles, pictures, music, whatever.  Prepare to mourn.
/IT COULD BE HIM.\

Tamora

• La Reine de Quoi?
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »

Steven from Danger Ensemble emailed me back (wow, that was fast!).

He can get SOME, but not EVERYONE in.  So only the people like living statues who need to set up, or people who really need to change or get things ready.  He can get them in at 6:00 (one hour before doors).  But because of the size of their touring group (20 people), they can't give us any space to put bags or other items.  We'll have to make do for ourselves and watch out for each other's things.

SO.

Message or email me, or post here with your name (or your username, if that's what you'll use) if you absolutely need to get in to set up.  I'll let him know.

Ta!
-Tamora
/IT COULD BE HIM.\

saintmae

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 10:18:03 PM »

I emailed you three names. If it's possible, great, but if others are more in need that's ok too. Can you let me know by tomorrow at noon if we're on the list or not? We'll just be part of the mourning parade, so we don't absolutely need to be in to set up if someone else is in greater need. Just, let me know ahead of time so I can plan to get ready at work instead. PM me here with news. :}

--Autumn

prettyhatemachine

• Pieces of Me~
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 12:40:48 PM »

I dont need to get in early to do anything...i will be driving down from north callie...and i will already be dressed.
but if you could get us in??

Melanie and Bruce...that is  us!!

cant wait to see you all there!!

Tamora

• La Reine de Quoi?
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »

Again, I don't want to bring people in if they don't need to be.  It's not a backstage pass or anything, it's just for people who need to set up things inside.
/IT COULD BE HIM.\

saintmae

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 03:24:51 PM »

Again, I don't want to bring people in if they don't need to be.  It's not a backstage pass or anything, it's just for people who need to set up things inside.

Is there any chance we could get help at getting to the front of the will call line, if we can't get in early? I don't normally leave work until 6:30 at the earliest, so while I'll be taking off a little early tonight, I can't be there super early to stand in line - and yet to be an effective part of the Brigade, I need as much time in the venue as possible. My only real concern about tonight is making sure we're there in time to really be a part of the experience of people arriving.

Yay, very excited to see you all tonight! We should be well prepped for the jazz funeral - we'll have dead roses, Novena candles, and a kazoo. If my friends have time to pick one up for me, hopefully I can get a tambourine too!

Tamora

• La Reine de Quoi?
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 05:02:08 PM »

I'm not sure.  I'm getting there at 5 because I need to get my tickets too.  Maybe some of the fans will be kind since we're trying to perform.  I'm also bringing a lot of old dixieland jazz. :)
/IT COULD BE HIM.\

prettyhatemachine

• Pieces of Me~
~
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 05:55:28 PM »

well i also work for RAINN and i will be handing out flyers, cds, pamphlets!!

Cant wait to see ya!! Tamora i have something special for u~

just for bringing me on over to the Shadowbox...I will find U...my name is melanie~ but i know what u r wearing so i will find u!!
im all sequiny and black....look out for me!!!

my husband changed his mind about going so i am bringing a friend!

saintmae

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 02:33:22 PM »

email I just sent re last night's show:

Amanda said, "this is going on the list of strange things I've signed."

To      :  [woman from Des Moines Craig's List looking to sell large plastic alligator]
Cc      :
Attchmnt:
Subject : RE: plastic alligator
----- Message Text -----

I realize this is going to sound strange, but would you potentially ship it to me? I'm in California.

About 8 years ago, a friend [<I>note: see <lj user="merovingian"></I>] gave me 5 of these large plastic alligators as a Christmas present. I wasn't sure what to do with them, so they wound up living in the trunk of my car. Over the years I've brought them out for all sorts of silly things - impromptu alligator sword fights and parades, mostly. I once played one as a musical instrument in a marching band. 

Last night, I was at a concert. My friends and I were part of the performance. Needing props in a hurry, we broke out the alligators.  Anyways, at the end of the night we wound up getting the alligators signed by Amanda Palmer, the woman whose performance we were at. I gave one to each of my people, so we each now have an autographed alligator.

The sad note to all of this is that these alligators have strangely come in handy over the last 8 years, and these three can no longer live in my car lest the autographs wear off. One will be moving a couple of hours away. I am in need of replacement alligators.

I have been searching the internet high and low, to little avail. I have found a few potential alligator replacements, but yours looks to be the exact alligator model I have.

I'll understand if you're seeking only a local home and thus an easy transfer for your large plastic alligator, and yet I'm hoping that offering my ridiculous story may inspire you to take pity on two lonely car-trunk alligators seeking a third to help re-establish their colony.     

I can mail you a money order, or pay you via PayPal. I am of course willing to pay shipping fees.

Would you do me the favor of mailing this alligator to me?

Sincere thanks,

Autumn

saintmae

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 02:38:53 PM »

Does anyone have contact info for the couple with the OMG amazing puppets? I wanted to get in touch with them, but by the time I'd found somewhere to write down my email address I had lost them....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up