THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Detroiters?  (Read 1969 times)

TeaTime

Detroiters?
« on: November 29, 2008, 12:38:24 AM »

I am in noooooooooo way shape or form in any position to organize one, but any Detroiters Brigading the December 2nd show? I'd like to, if could? which brings me toooo:

much graver problem. The Detroit show is 18+ on Dec 2nd, at a club that's been known to be pretty strict on it's carding. Me and my friend's 18th birthday are on Dec 3rd. I've posted on the livejournal group about this and they offered me some advice. But I emailed the club and they told me I was out of luck! Unfortunately we've already begged and pestered one of other friends into getting us tickets on the hope that the bouncer is really really really cool that night...

This is so stressful! We've been pretty much in love with her and the Dolls since we were in 8th grade. I couldn't think of a better way to welcome ourselves to adulthood tahn with her, but the fact that we might miss out on it by about 4 hours leaves me like,   :'(:uglystupid2::embarassed::buck2: :violent1::'(:knuppel2::'(

Brigading is something I've always wanted to do anyway, but do you think it'll increase my chances of actually getting in? Thanks in advanceeeee loves.
Love cannot express the idea of music, while music may give an idea of love. -Berlioz

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: Detroiters?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:13:51 AM »

Often extreme dress and looking like you are supposed to be there, can work wonders........
I managed to get into Neil gaimans reading on Halloween, even though the tickets I had paid for never arrived.....I simply said I was on the guest list and they simply added my name to it ( plus one ) no mention of missing tickets at all.......
it has been some time since i had to deal with the ID situation though.....
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Molotovna

• Jammy Dodger
  • Don't shootshootshoot that thing at me!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 02:02:24 PM »

I am in noooooooooo way shape or form in any position to organize one, but any Detroiters Brigading the December 2nd show? I'd like to, if could? which brings me toooo:

much graver problem. The Detroit show is 18+ on Dec 2nd, at a club that's been known to be pretty strict on it's carding. Me and my friend's 18th birthday are on Dec 3rd. I've posted on the livejournal group about this and they offered me some advice. But I emailed the club and they told me I was out of luck! Unfortunately we've already begged and pestered one of other friends into getting us tickets on the hope that the bouncer is really really really cool that night...

This is so stressful! We've been pretty much in love with her and the Dolls since we were in 8th grade. I couldn't think of a better way to welcome ourselves to adulthood tahn with her, but the fact that we might miss out on it by about 4 hours leaves me like,   :'(:uglystupid2::embarassed::buck2: :violent1::'(:knuppel2::'(

Brigading is something I've always wanted to do anyway, but do you think it'll increase my chances of actually getting in? Thanks in advanceeeee loves.

Oh, so you and your friend lied last night about yesterday being your birthdays?  ;D
Quote from: armyoflarry
Sweet!!! Ummm, I mean that fills my soul with Northern Darkness of Frostbitten Empires and stuff.

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »

Often extreme dress and looking like you are supposed to be there, can work wonders........
I managed to get into Neil gaimans reading on Halloween, even though the tickets I had paid for never arrived.....I simply said I was on the guest list and they simply added my name to it ( plus one ) no mention of missing tickets at all.......
it has been some time since i had to deal with the ID situation though.....

HAH. And when I asked how you sorted out the ticket thing, you were all 'ah, it's a long story. I fixed it, so nevermind.'
That does not sound like a long story.
*shakes head*

Anyway, to ze maker of zees thread, did you get in? And happy birthday!
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

TeaTime

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »

well it technically was our birthday that NIGHT, but we didn't really want to announce to bouncers/staffers of a stingy club that we were underage for about another 20 minutes, because seriously they were cranky... boo magic bag, boo.
Love cannot express the idea of music, while music may give an idea of love. -Berlioz

Cereal

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 06:37:20 AM »

well it technically was our birthday that NIGHT, but we didn't really want to announce to bouncers/staffers of a stingy club that we were underage for about another 20 minutes, because seriously they were cranky... boo magic bag, boo.
oh you two.
*tisk, tisk*
My Top Albums
Pages: [1]   Go Up