THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: the Duggars welcome child #18  (Read 15452 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
the Duggars welcome child #18
« on: December 20, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »

Yes, a couple in Arkansas had their 18th kid this week. That makes 10 boys, 8 girls. Dad's 43, mom's 42.

:D :D :D :D :D

How many kids is too many?

#@!

Katherine May Williams

Re: the Duggars welcome child #18
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »

How many kids is too many?

One is too many.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 05:20:14 PM »

Please someone stop these people from breeding. They are obviously only doing it to get attention (and cash). My mother always told me doing things just to get attention won't win you any real friends. It will just make you look like a fuckwit.

And enough with the "J" names already - it just ain't cute anymore!
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

SomewhatDamaged

• The greatest thing to have come out of East London since the plague
  • The devils of truth steal the souls of the free
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »

They seriously need cable!
Im an alltogether different being, I got black wings of fire & eyes of true seeing

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 08:58:32 PM »

I heard about them last year when they had #17.

I'm sorry, but how many children can you have before you run out of time to give each one the individual attention they need?
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 09:51:30 PM »

I am sure I would never stand 5 minutes inside that house, I know that by minute #2 I would be killing some fuckers with forks.

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 10:32:18 PM »

The record for most biological children is 64...by a Russian woman. Must have been lots of multiples. I wonder if the Duggar mom likes being pregnant...that's one of the reasons surrogate wombs take the job in the first place (aside from most of them being military wives).

The best case scenario is that the children turn out brilliant and solve the energy crisis. The worst case...well there's 18 of them, isn't there? I've noticed the parents who have many children tend to be anti-choice conservatives (they could be pro-choice if they didn't have that certain pushiness about the choices they've made).
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 01:35:23 AM »

I'm sorry, but how many children can you have before you run out of time to give each one the individual attention they need?
They don't give them any attention. Each of the older children is assigned younger ones to raise. The parents have very little to do with them.
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Golly Mina!

• Coughs and sneezes Spread diseases
  • 死んだ滞在だけ17永久に
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 05:38:57 AM »

They don't give them any attention. Each of the older children is assigned younger ones to raise. The parents have very little to do with them.

I hate people like that. In Romania, you hear about such cases every day on the 5 o'clock news, and what baffles me is that the parents bemoan their poverty and the fact that they don't have the money to raise their kids. Well fuck you, no one forced you to have sex
suck my sunrise, bitchbrain.

Happiness is the longing for repetition.

TeaTime

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 11:53:39 AM »

where is that "vagina: not a clown car" macro?

I hate people like that. In Romania, you hear about such cases every day on the 5 o'clock news, and what baffles me is that the parents bemoan their poverty and the fact that they don't have the money to raise their kids. Well fuck you, no one forced you to have sex

to be fair, there may be other reasons for large families- lack of access to contraceptives/abortions (obvious), social tendency for large families ("everyone in the neighborhood has 6 kids, why not?"), the social status of women (wife has less of a choice when husband gets randy), etc.

off topic- i tried to go to the CIA world factbook to look up Romania's stuff really quick, but the CIA website seems to have vaporized. wtf?
Love cannot express the idea of music, while music may give an idea of love. -Berlioz

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 12:02:53 PM »

off topic- i tried to go to the CIA world factbook to look up Romania's stuff really quick, but the CIA website seems to have vaporized. wtf?
Quote from: Dick Cheney
That information is need-to-know, and you don't need to know.

We'll be sending some people to get you, so we can find out what else you know.
There's no use in running, and it'll hurt less it'll be easier for us if you just wait
there until the team shows up.

Actually, the factbook seems to be working fine...
LINK
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Golly Mina!

• 死んだ滞在だけ17永久に
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 02:26:51 PM »

Quote from: Dick Cheney
That information is need-to-know, and you don't need to know.

We'll be sending some people to get you, so we can find out what else you know.
There's no use in running, and it'll hurt less it'll be easier for us if you just wait
there until the team shows up.

Actually, the factbook seems to be working fine...
LINK

Yay, Romania!
I live near Timisoara in case anyone wants to visit me :D

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 12:35:59 AM »

Yay, Romania!
A fairly old city, isn't it?

I'm looking at Google Earth®, and it has that interesting roundness of a city that grew around a fortress.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 12:39:16 AM »

The mom, Michelle I think her name is, is so probably going to get osteoporosis...

the only birth control they believe in is... pregnancy.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 12:45:06 AM »

Ah!  Here we are.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6fRJ0T-y-pw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6fRJ0T-y-pw</a>

Golly Mina!

• 死んだ滞在だけ17永久に
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 12:49:36 PM »

Yay, Romania!
A fairly old city, isn't it?

I'm looking at Google Earth®, and it has that interesting roundness of a city that grew around a fortress.

Yes, it is. I live in Resita, Google Earth it :D

doritojoe89

• wishes he wasn't a
    • my space
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 12:44:14 AM »

this family has their own show on TLC..

their oldest son is getting married to a girl and they've never even kissed... they talk about how better their first kiss will be after marriage...

dumb asses... i want to see them all get rapped ...  except the kids..lol
mommy, i want to be a merch girl...

DONATE TO THE BELLY BOOK FUND HERE: http://rebellyon.chipin.com/rbellyon-book-funding  ALL DONATIONS ACCEPTED. $17.00 GETS YOU A COPY OF THE BOOK!!

BB Gun-it

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »

The parents are going to be older than some grandparents at their youngest's graduation. And you know how most families like that have a "bad" child? Well if there's 18 of them, there should be like 6 bad ones.

their oldest son is getting married to a girl and they've never even kissed... they talk about how better their first kiss will be after marriage...

I hope they fumble through their first kiss on the altar in front of thousands of viewers at home.

colordeaf

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »

I wonder if all hell will break loose on the viewer side if one of the children turns out to be a homosexual and then gets sent to "straight camp" during the course of the show.

BB Gun-it

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 06:46:57 AM »

according to "statistics," 1.8 of their kids will be gay. if one of them goes to straight camp, please someone who watches the show pm me to inform me. i need to watch this occur.

CaffeinatedCassadie

• Faceboooook
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 05:37:45 PM »

according to "statistics," 1.8 of their kids will be gay. if one of them goes to straight camp, please someone who watches the show pm me to inform me. i need to watch this occur.
ME TOO! But since (I'm assuming) their parents are probably homophobic, chances are the won't ever come out. Or, they'll be the type to get married, have a family, THEN realize that their gay.
bitch please, my hate can't be contained in one thread.

slinkster

• space.
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 04:07:51 AM »

my mind went blank when i read that.  :o

have they... lived together at all?

or is it just a girl his parents like to invite over for dinner on fridays and that's the only time he gets to see her? hah.

shitttt.. i've kissed my friends. i can't imagine not kissing the man i was going to marry.

it blows my mind on so many levels.

and watch, exactly 9 months after the marriage child 1 of 26 will arrive for them.

i don't even have 18 people in my entire family... until i start counting great aunts & uncles and second cousins..
i don't need your sympathy, but i could use your company.

Ashleetalks_toastronauts

• Amandaaaa.
    • Typical.
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »

It's funny to me how they're such a religious family.
And that religion frowns on sex so much.
Yet she popped out 18 babies.

Where do babies come from?
Sex.
There's no end to the love you can give when you change your point of view.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 10:37:12 PM »

Sex.
Religion doesn't frown on sex.  Quite the contrary, most religions encourage large families.
"Be fruitful and multiply" and all that... (GEN 1:28)

What many of them object to is sex for fun...  sex with no intention of having a child as a direct result.
...and a few of them are essentially OK with that, as long as you occasionally have kids.

Ecstasia

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 03:05:56 PM »

Sex.
Religion doesn't frown on sex.  Quite the contrary, most religions encourage large families.
"Be fruitful and multiply" and all that... (GEN 1:28)

What many of them object to is sex for fun...  sex with no intention of having a child as a direct result.
...and a few of them are essentially OK with that, as long as you occasionally have kids.

Speaking from a Christian standpoint (though not from a sect that is as...strict...as the Duggar's), I don't believe that sex without the intention of having a child is frowned upon. Generally, it is only sex outside of marriage that is discouraged.  Sex is encouraged, though, as a way of bonding between a husband and wife.  If you read Song of Solomon, it is pretty racy (at least racier than one would expect for the Bible) and, to the best of my knowledge, there is no mention of children in the book.  I think it is a common misconception that 'religion' condemns sex.  There are just guidelines as to when and with whom it is appropriate. 

I went to a Christian school from third grade to the time I graduated and we were never given any impression that sex is wrong (within the right context).  I know many people on here seem to frown upon abstinence teaching or the "no sex before marriage" thing, but I don't want anyone to think that kids who grow up with Christian backgrounds automatically think sex is wrong or gross in any way.  Most responsible Christian organizations simply present the way they feel one should go about it.  Having said that, I am aware that there are severely legalistic sects of Christianity that may give children an unhealthy impression of sex.  However, those organizations rarely represent the majority of Christian denominations.

And to my opinion of the Duggars (because I am a little obsessed with them):  They are supporting their family with no help from the outside sources (to the best of my knowledge).  They aren't hurting anyone so if they want to have litter after litter, then whatever.  To each their own.  I will say, though, that Michelle is at an age where complications are more likely for both she and her child.  I don't think any of her kids have had any health problems, so they have been fortunate enough to have so many healthy children, but I think that having any more children at her age is a little risky.

My major problem is the way they are raising their daughters.  It seems as though those girls are being raised simply to be wives and mommies and not being presented with the possibility of doing something else with their lives.  Even if they did get a higher education, would they use it?  I know the oldest son's wife said she would not get married until she finished college.  She did and where did it get her?  Will she ever use it or is she simply another Duggar baby-making machine, now?  I have a feeling that the Duggar girls are going to follow in their mother's footsteps (which is fine if that is what they choose) because they are unaware that they are capable of anything else.
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Chay

• now get off my side of the state...
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »

i can't watch this show. it gets on my last freeking nerve. i want to kill the parents, plain and simple. i mean, what the fuck, man?? 18 kids??? and you want MORE????? are you fucking insane???
and yes... the names all starting with the letter "J"... omg.
if i ever met these idiots, there's no way in hell i could contain myself.... arrrggghhhhhh....
and the whole thing about the oldest son getting married... i think that is a joke. why would you ever marry someone you've never even kissed?? and slinkster, i'm sure you're right. im sure the only time they spent together previous to their marriage was in their parent's presence. i remember watching the show one time and the two of them were going to go on a date... the parents sent a few of the other children along with the couple as chaperones!!!! WTF????
i'm glad someone posted this topic... i needed to get that stuff out....

:angryfire: :cussing: :angry5:
"Or maybe she's already dead and maybe she's gone to Mars
Maybe we could even write her epitaph in the stars" - Marcy Playground

Bloggage:
http://chaynicoleb8908.tumblr.com/

colordeaf

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »

My sister is watching this right now. TLC is her favourite channel, apparently...

This is the episode about thriftyness. So far, I agree with it (the introduction to the show does not sit well, however. "limited access" has suspicious connotations).
I wish my mom were more keen on used clothes.

Matty

• Space Pirate King
    • Myspace
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »

Best Quote EVAR from their fucking show: (paraphrased) "I think they need to get their birthrate up or something" -One of the 13-14ish Duggar girls on why some French guy was doing an article or something about them.
Are they telling their kids that the world is underpopulated. My theory is they do to justify to themselves their having a thousand children.
The Shadowbox.
Being sutbly illegal since the birth of Amanda Palmer.

hateandjealousy

• cow punk.
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 05:51:01 PM »

the parents should have been drowned at birth, I hate them.
I've got torn up knees and calloused fingertips,
broken vocal chords and busted lips.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »

:D :D #19 is on the way!  :D :D

#@!

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 01:19:30 PM »

Their family currently has 18 descendants

My (Paternal) grandmother had:
4 + 7 + 2 (successive generations) =  13 descendants  (the last generation -grand children- could potentially increase a bit more but it’s difficult to see it catching up to 18 total descendants at the moment )

Maternal side:

1 + 2 + 0 (successive generations) =  3 (the last generation is unlikely to increase unless I’ve misjudged my sister)

I just hope that the children of that family don’t follow with 18 kids each or there will be a small city of Duggers within 100 years.

Shanneeen

• just as long as you were on my side
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 05:03:34 PM »

Their family currently has 18 descendants

My (Paternal) grandmother had:
4 + 7 + 2 (successive generations) =  13 descendants  (the last generation -grand children- could potentially increase a bit more but it’s difficult to see it catching up to 18 total descendants at the moment )

Maternal side:

1 + 2 + 0 (successive generations) =  3 (the last generation is unlikely to increase unless I’ve misjudged my sister)

I just hope that the children of that family don’t follow with 18 kids each or there will be a small city of Duggers within 100 years.

heh.. looks like it's bound to happen.. the oldest Duggar already started multiplying..

18 kids i INSANE.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 05:26:33 PM »

If you want kids, there's kids out there that want a family.

Srsly, ADOPT.

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 07:05:51 PM »

If you want kids, there's kids out there that want a family.

Srsly, ADOPT.

As a person who has never felt any instinctive drive to have a child, I have often wondered what it is that makes someone (male or female) want to have kids rather than adopt (or have no kids). I know there are a number of reasons, but the reasons never click and always “feel” quite abstract.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »

I'm really, really maternaly minded - I want a looot of kids - but the idea of carrying another person around inside me for nine months just freaks the fuck out of me. And then pushing them out of my poor little vagina :-\ Ueff. Anyway, adoption makes more logical sense - you're actually helping someone, giving them love that they don't automatically deserve, not to mention all the shitty over-population stuff. I'm not even gonna try for kids, because I want the ones I adopt to know that I chose them for themselves rather than as a last resort after not being able to have my own or whatever.

Doesn't mean I don't intend to practise a whole lot though ;)

Shanneeen

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »

so umm.. i just read that she is prego with the 19th child..  :o

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 01:41:07 PM »

hateandjealousy

• cow punk.
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 02:26:46 AM »

ain't they cut out her insides so she stops doing that yet?
I've got torn up knees and calloused fingertips,
broken vocal chords and busted lips.

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 02:28:32 AM »

hmm I think people should have to apply to have a child
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 03:48:50 AM »

I think they should only have to apply once they have had 4 or 5. Any more than that is just ridiculous.

Shanneeen

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 02:16:07 PM »

i completely agree..
i mean we have to apply for jobs, citizenship, schools, and even to adopt a child.
people should have to apply and pass a test or something before they multiply.
haha

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 08:09:02 PM »

note:  A VAGINA IS NOT A GATLING GUN.

;D

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 03:39:20 PM »

I want five children.
After that, it's abortions all the way.

Shanneeen

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »

I want five children.
After that, it's abortions all the way.

haha i hear ya.. scramble those suckers.. i mean who really wants that many kids on purpose??

stallionbreaker

• whose real name is Anna
  • Après moi le deluge
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 09:52:30 AM »

I've seen this advertised in the subway: www.essure.com/
Kind of freaks me out, but also kind of intrigues me as I'm pretty sure I don't want any more children, and I don't like hormonal birth control.
you're obviously not gonna die,
so why not take your chances and try?

Brittany

• agent_smart
  • So bright, it's like redundant to have the sun out
    • myspace
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 10:59:40 PM »

whoa, have you seen their house?  They are amazingly rich and organized.  And that woman is looking damn good for as many kids as she's birthed. 

http://www.duggarfamily.com/photos.html

And in answer to the original question:

too many probably begins when one is born with Down's Syndrome.  Or the mother dies.  Audrey told me that a girl she works with in the Dr.'s office just had her mother die during the birth of her 16th child.  Her organs just kinda... you know... went... downward...
Cover it in mustard, clap your hands 3 times, close your eyes and say "Go to the fucking doctor"

themaberfa

• 11-08-2008
  • Baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 11:51:42 PM »

I personally think these people are crazy and are not giving each of their children the attention that the deserve.

Shanneeen

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 11:56:31 PM »

yeah heh did you guys know that they're on their 19th now?? that's what i've read..

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 12:18:54 AM »

That was so weird, but they are loaded.

I saw an episode where they had the girls do "guy" things including changing oil......by using a lift that is much nicer than the ones at the garage I go to....
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

bec

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »

i just checked out their site... and apparently, the reason they keep having kids is because the mother went on the pill after having their first kid, then got pregnant and had a miscarriage. so they decided that she should no longer be on the pill if it can cause miscarriages, because they're religious and pro-life, so they asked God to forgive them and bless them with as many kids as He saw fit.

or something along those lines. you can read it here if you're interested: http://www.duggarfamily.com/aboutus.html

being anti-religion myself... this pisses me the fuck off. i watched the show once, where they were taking the family to a Creation museum so they could learn how the Earth and all its inhabitants were really "created", and i just kept thinking... those poor kids. they're totally brainwashed.  :violent1:

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »

willful ignorance in clearly intelligent and successful people just makes me annoyed

@raliel

Shanneeen

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2009, 03:40:14 PM »

i just checked out their site... and apparently, the reason they keep having kids is because the mother went on the pill after having their first kid, then got pregnant and had a miscarriage. so they decided that she should no longer be on the pill if it can cause miscarriages, because they're religious and pro-life, so they asked God to forgive them and bless them with as many kids as He saw fit.

or something along those lines. you can read it here if you're interested: http://www.duggarfamily.com/aboutus.html

being anti-religion myself... this pisses me the fuck off. i watched the show once, where they were taking the family to a Creation museum so they could learn how the Earth and all its inhabitants were really "created", and i just kept thinking... those poor kids. they're totally brainwashed.  :violent1:

ughh that makes me very angry at the world

themaberfa

• 11-08-2008
  • Baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2009, 05:02:34 PM »

ughh that makes me very angry at the world

Seriously. I hate when parents brainwash their children like that.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »

they have a grandkid now, too.

#@!

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »

baby #19 arrived...4 months early. 1 lb, 6 oz.

#@!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2009, 02:02:08 PM »

baby #19 arrived...4 months early. 1 lb, 6 oz.

#@!
Setting aside my total disdain for everything associated with this sort of
publicity-junkies....

That's not good.  I hope new child is ok.  :-\

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2011, 12:46:39 AM »

kid 20 is on the way.

CottonCandy

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2011, 02:17:34 AM »

Well, this is not too surprising for me. I grew up in a small-ish village where there were quite a lot of people called lestadians who are very, very conservative in their faith. Including no premarital sex and no contraception, it was common to see families with 15 kids or so. I suppose 20 kids would be rare but I bet they are there -an lestadian MP once stated he didn't feel like a father until his 18th one was born. Our neighbours were lestadians but had a very small family comparatively -only 6 kids.

My brother had a lestadian friend. Unfortunately as they weren't allowed to watch tv, whenever this kid would come to ours he'd insist on watching it, although my brother would've wanted to go out and play. He'd also stay in pretty much all day (this was during the summer holidays) and when my dad pointed out that it might be hometime and his parents might wonder where he was, he quite happily replied that his parents didn't care much (possibly didn't even notice) where he was. Funnily enough, the reason they don't watch tv is because of all the sexual and violent (eg. "Worldly") content on it, however they seem to be fine using the internet.

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2012, 11:28:48 PM »

Number 20 miscarried. Considering that it was her 20th child, it's not surprising but nonetheless sad. Though it was  creepy when they had pictures of the dead fetus as a memoriam.  :-\
I just read that they were using birth control but stopped because a Christian doctor had them read the fine print which said that in some cases women can still get pregnant and miscarry. In that case, they stopped because they're pro-life didn't want to be "selfish". How ironic.
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2012, 06:55:26 PM »

they kinda creep me out.
i just watched a couple of their youtube videos... all the girls wear long skirts and help in the kitchen while the father teaches the boys how to take care of car tires. they have a bible room in their house! (which is kinda awesome if you are a religious person i guess). the oldest son got married and he and his wife safed their first kiss for the wedding day!
aaaaahhhh i mean. a kiss. how can you marry someone...i mean...ahhhh
and they seem to be really rich... did they get all the money from being in a tv show?? i mean, having so many kids must cost a fortune, and on top of that they built a huge house.

The Angel Raliel

• ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2012, 03:36:02 PM »

i personally see having large families as being grossly ignorant and selfish nowadays......the world really does not need more of us humans...one or two children is fine...if they are cared for well

@raliel

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »

Yeah quality is always better than quantity.

This family creeps me out too. I think they see their kids as a source of money and fame, it's so opportunistic.

It's ok to have a couple of siblings, but seriously who'd like to share their parents with 18 other siblings? I guess as the woman kept spawning, the elder ones always had to look after the younger kids.

Toddlers all around, haha, and they still say "kids are blessing from lord". Okay, but 19? I guess this is rather a damnation.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2012, 05:11:11 PM »

well... generally you could say that there are enough people already, and enough starving people, but on the other hand is always the argument that there technically are enough resources for everybody, it is just a matter of bad distribution (even if we are unable to solve it) and that we need more young people to take care of the aging societies

so if you can afford to raise your children i'd rather a small amount of couples decide to have a gazillion kids than anyone like governments generally prescribe you how to define your family

also, i don't think that sharing your parents with  so many people is that much of a problem, because your older siblings will probably take some of the parent-functions and you get a lot of live long friends/role models, it just looks like a different...experience.  [if anything, in some cases the parents might actually BE the problem :-p] and the way the duggars indoctrinate their children is dreadful to witness.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »

i think it would suck most for the older ones.  imagine being thirteen and being ASSIGNED a younger sibling to care for?

Pope Totalfrog

• twitter
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »

There's been a show on here recently about a woman in Morecambe who has 15 kids or something. I'd like to know where she's stashing them because I've never seen them.
She probably doesn't take them all out at once. By the time you had 15 your oldest few would have to at least be teenagers and they would look after the other kids.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up