THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: the Duggars welcome child #18  (Read 15454 times)

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: the Duggars welcome child #18
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2012, 03:36:02 PM »

i personally see having large families as being grossly ignorant and selfish nowadays......the world really does not need more of us humans...one or two children is fine...if they are cared for well
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »

Yeah quality is always better than quantity.

This family creeps me out too. I think they see their kids as a source of money and fame, it's so opportunistic.

It's ok to have a couple of siblings, but seriously who'd like to share their parents with 18 other siblings? I guess as the woman kept spawning, the elder ones always had to look after the younger kids.

Toddlers all around, haha, and they still say "kids are blessing from lord". Okay, but 19? I guess this is rather a damnation.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2012, 05:11:11 PM »

well... generally you could say that there are enough people already, and enough starving people, but on the other hand is always the argument that there technically are enough resources for everybody, it is just a matter of bad distribution (even if we are unable to solve it) and that we need more young people to take care of the aging societies

so if you can afford to raise your children i'd rather a small amount of couples decide to have a gazillion kids than anyone like governments generally prescribe you how to define your family

also, i don't think that sharing your parents with  so many people is that much of a problem, because your older siblings will probably take some of the parent-functions and you get a lot of live long friends/role models, it just looks like a different...experience.  [if anything, in some cases the parents might actually BE the problem :-p] and the way the duggars indoctrinate their children is dreadful to witness.

Agonistes

• discocunt
    • blog
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2012, 11:28:43 AM »

i think it would suck most for the older ones.  imagine being thirteen and being ASSIGNED a younger sibling to care for?

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »

There's been a show on here recently about a woman in Morecambe who has 15 kids or something. I'd like to know where she's stashing them because I've never seen them.
She probably doesn't take them all out at once. By the time you had 15 your oldest few would have to at least be teenagers and they would look after the other kids.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up