THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New/Upcoming Movies!  (Read 12508 times)

malcontent

• Taste the wealth of hate in me
    • Myspace
Re: New/Upcoming Movies!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 09:06:38 AM »

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Dragonball yet?!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZyWxUJ_5DQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oZyWxUJ_5DQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
kidding.

NO FECKING WAY. I am excited.

"maybe if my heart stops beating it won't hurt this much..."

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 11:26:32 AM »

H2, for sure!

hateandjealousy

• cow punk.
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 12:36:12 PM »

I have about two comics to go, so don't talk about the ending yet. but is so go so far. Rorschach is so well written.
I've got torn up knees and calloused fingertips,
broken vocal chords and busted lips.

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 08:32:22 PM »

Watchmen comes out next month, I am really excited, but scared that they will fuck it up. has anyone else read the comic?
Tried but I got bored. Alan Moore doesn't amuse me.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 08:44:53 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZyWxUJ_5DQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oZyWxUJ_5DQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
kidding.

NO FUCKING-DUCKING-TRUCKING-BUMPING WAY!

That dude does not look like Goku, at all, & Piccolo? come the fuck on.

I am excited to see this but I know I will be dissapointed; most of this movie was apparently recorded around my University.

Kovacs

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 10:02:20 PM »

Watchmen comes out next month, I am really excited, but scared that they will fuck it up. has anyone else read the comic?

Love the comic. Alan Moore refused to sign off on the movie, he believed it couldn't be made into a film. He's pretty much right, but they can do a decent adaptation.

I'm going in hoping for something authentic, but not expecting too much. There are too many lines in the comic that would come across cheesy if not done absolutely perfectly, and too many scenes that use the comic medium that can't be reproduced in film. Plus, the "intermission" parts (the blocks of text written by various characters) can't be done, neither can the comic within the comic.

A lot of the timing can't be done...or at least I doubt it can. I guess it could by a master. For example, early on, the fight scene in the ally with Laurie and Dan, there's no dialogue, but the dialogue from the other scene is intermitently placed over thier scene, describing two things at once essentially. That'll be really difficult to pull off with film without seeming ADD. In a comic you can read and watch at will, in film they essentially have to move at the speed of the dialogue.

From the previews, it looks like he compensated for this with the super slow mo stuff, which could work great. Some of the stuff I've seen is chilling in how authentic it is. Like this:

Awesome.

So we'll see. If it does get pulled off, it'll be a masterpiece, just like the novel.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 10:10:34 PM »

Considering my previous love of Dragonball, DBZ, and snippets of GT...the movie just looks...bad in so many ways. 

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2009, 01:27:01 AM »

Considering my previous love of Dragonball, DBZ, and snippets of GT...the movie just looks...bad in so many ways. 
Ya mean like other than how it's a movie based on an arena-fighting-video-game?

You couldn't get a more guaranteed suck if you [insert Eliot Spitzer joke here].
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Hannah672

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »

Love the comic. Alan Moore refused to sign off on the movie, he believed it couldn't be made into a film. He's pretty much right, but they can do a decent adaptation.

I'm going in hoping for something authentic, but not expecting too much. There are too many lines in the comic that would come across cheesy if not done absolutely perfectly, and too many scenes that use the comic medium that can't be reproduced in film. Plus, the "intermission" parts (the blocks of text written by various characters) can't be done, neither can the comic within the comic.

A lot of the timing can't be done...or at least I doubt it can. I guess it could by a master. For example, early on, the fight scene in the ally with Laurie and Dan, there's no dialogue, but the dialogue from the other scene is intermitently placed over thier scene, describing two things at once essentially. That'll be really difficult to pull off with film without seeming ADD. In a comic you can read and watch at will, in film they essentially have to move at the speed of the dialogue.

From the previews, it looks like he compensated for this with the super slow mo stuff, which could work great. Some of the stuff I've seen is chilling in how authentic it is. Like this:

Awesome.

So we'll see. If it does get pulled off, it'll be a masterpiece, just like the novel.

Well said. That's pretty much how i feel about it too.

hateandjealousy

• cow punk.
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2009, 03:08:40 PM »

Awesome.

I really hope they don't fuck it up. Alan Moore wont like it no matter what he's yet to like any of the movies based off his books, V for Vendetta was really good, and The League of Extraordinary Gentleman wasn't bad, some of the acting was awful and they kind of had to change a lot of stuff from the book in order to get any one to watch it. 

Ms

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2009, 03:25:02 PM »

Alan Moore is crazy. A brilliant writer, but crazy.

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »

kidding.

NO FUCKING-DUCKING-TRUCKING-BUMPING WAY!

That dude does not look like Goku, at all, & Piccolo? come the fuck on.

I am excited to see this but I know I will be disappointed; most of this movie was apparently recorded around my University.

Master Roshi was a hell of allot older than that when Bulma was in any fighting state...when has Bulma been a fighter?
I just hope Oolong and Puar don't make any appearances, that would be painfull.

Hush

• this is where it ends.
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 03:57:02 PM »

I'm excited for Krabat! It's a German movie and I've yet to find a DVD release with english subs (.. my German isn't anywhere near good enough to understand a whole movie) but it's an adaptation of one of my favorite children's books, so it should be amazing! It seems like it's just as creepy as the book. I like creepy. :love5:

"The Thirty Years´ War has brought much death and destruction to central Europe, and has left 14-year-old Krabat an orphan. Lost and devastated, Krabat’s keen survival instincts lead him to a remote valley, where he finds a mysterious mill run by an ominous figure known as the Master. The lure of safe haven, hot meals and an apprenticeship under the Master is hard to resist... But gradually Krabat uncovers a horrifying secret: the mill is in fact a school of black magic and the Master is in league with satanic powers. While Krabat and his young colleagues revel in the teachings of the Master, they realize there is a price to pay: complete submission to the Master and even death. After Krabat witnesses Tonda, his closest friend at the Mill, perish at the Master’s hands, the fire of rebellion starts raging within the young boy. He realizes that the only way out is to defeat the Master in a duel. In the face of such adversity, Krabat is able to find strength through the lovely Kantorka. Armed with nothing but courage and their united love, together the young couple brave the Master and the arsenal of magical powers that make him nearly invincible. But can the power of love alone be enough to eradicate the power of black magic?"

http://www.bavaria-film-international.de/htmls/bfi/index.php?site=program_trailer&id=254 trailer with english subs!

hateandjealousy

• cow punk.
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 04:00:06 PM »

Alan Moore is crazy. A brilliant writer, but crazy.
there is no doubt have you seen the man? he's insane and yet brilliant like so many crazy people. 

Ms

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »

He is actually a beard with a man attached.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  All   Go Up