THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The inauguration of Barack Obama.  (Read 19620 times)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: The inauguration of Barack Obama.
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »

{waves at sweaty}

My favourite Obama joke is the one that went:

They said, Barack Obama, so we all shouted at him...

My favourite Obama joke is:

The Secret Service are training Barack Obama up in case of any assasination attempts, but every time they say "Get down" the twat starts dancing.
Funny...  and fixed.

[boring history note]
Before the assassination of Abraham Lincoln in 1865, the President had no specific security detail...
(Keep in mind that this was at the end of four years of war with the people a hundred miles south
of Washington DC...)  The Federal law-enforcement at the time was very limited, but the Secret
Service was assigned the job.  Otherwise, the Secret Service is responsible primarily for tracking
down counterfieters who make fake US currency (a job which occupies far more of their time and
resources than keeping the Prez safe.) [/boring history note... for now]

One day, I hope you wake up to find the Boring Node in your brain's been snipped out. Love you Ceeeee!
It's the heart of who I am...  able to dredge up a vaguely-relevant factiod for every occasion...

Can I have one for my birthday? It's 3rd July, so you've got plenty of time to find a really fucking good one.
Consider it done.

Aces - what should I get you?
Aww, you don't need to get me nuffink.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »

{waves at sweaty}

My favourite Obama joke is the one that went:

They said, Barack Obama, so we all shouted at him...

My favourite Obama joke is:

The Secret Service are training Barack Obama up in case of any assasination attempts, but every time they say "Get down" the twat starts dancing.
Funny...  and fixed.

[boring history note]
Before the assassination of Abraham Lincoln in 1865, the President had no specific security detail...
(Keep in mind that this was at the end of four years of war with the people a hundred miles south
of Washington DC...)  The Federal law-enforcement at the time was very limited, but the Secret
Service was assigned the job.  Otherwise, the Secret Service is responsible primarily for tracking
down counterfieters who make fake US currency (a job which occupies far more of their time and
resources than keeping the Prez safe.) [/boring history note... for now]

One day, I hope you wake up to find the Boring Node in your brain's been snipped out. Love you Ceeeee!
It's the heart of who I am...  able to dredge up a vaguely-relevant factiod for every occasion...

Can I have one for my birthday? It's 3rd July, so you've got plenty of time to find a really fucking good one.
Consider it done.

Aces - what should I get you?
Aww, you don't need to get me nuffink.

But I want to! You're The Cee, Oracle and Big Ol' Know-It-All, you gotta get something.

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2012, 08:54:30 PM »

Barack Obama.
I'm so so so happy that this man is the president of the USA. Yes, I see colour, but I couldn't care less that he is black. America, who seemed so unwilling to do so, have elected a left wing peace flag flying hippie. I have seen first hand the damage that this war, this greed and this hatred has done to the middle east, in particular Afghanistan. I have lost a family member in this illegal war. I have visited refugee camps in Iran and seen the orphans of this war. I have protested at 5am against dawn raids on Iraqi asylum seekers in the worst parts of Glasgow. I've cried in frustration. I've marched in Edinburgh in extreme sick enducing heat (seriously) at the G8 make poverty history marches- against Bush's presence in Scotland- where I was involved in mass arrests and beatings. These last 7 years have been hell on my conscience, I've thought every day about all the poor people who have been caught up in this mess  and left without homes, without mothers and fathers, without hope.

And today I walked into a pub full of people I don't know who were crying and laughing and kissing and hugging because Barack Obama represents a huge change. And I joined in.

And I'm crying as I type this. I'm so proud of everyone who voted. Barack Obama represents absolutely everything I wanted. And more. I am so happy someone has stepped up to the mark and has made clear their beautiful intentions and seems to have all the motivation and power to carry them out.

God Bless America. Today you have made me happy.

A HA HA HA

HA

HAHA

how stupid of me and everyone else!
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »

I'm sorry you (and everyone else) are disappointed, but glad the aliens decided
to bring you back from wherever they'd abducted you to.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2013, 12:19:23 AM »

I didn't watch either of Obama's inaugurations since I've always thought that while he may be the lesser of two evils he's still ridiculously overhyped, but this article was interesting:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/blogs/voyages-in-america/8209909/Obamas-empty-words

Did anyone from here watch it? What did you guys think?
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Up