THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fire eating/breathing  (Read 12031 times)

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
Re: Fire eating/breathing
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 12:50:44 PM »

Fire breathing should ONLY be attempted by someone who is trained and understands fire (no offense but you brother should NOT be doing it). It is THE most dangerous of the fire skills and half of the fire performers I know wont even do it unless paid $1000+. Not only is there the risk of the fire blowing back at your face due to wind change (happened to my friend who is also one of the best poi/double staff spinners in the world. He has done stuff with cirque du'soliel and other major groups), inhaling fumes from the fuel (often occurs in chemical phenomena, which is not fun. Yes charcoal tablets after fire breathing lower the risk, but I see it happen all the time), you may blow fire and/or fuel onto nearby objects, or the fire can backtrack and collapse a lung if you inhale. Fire breathing is not a skill to be taken lightly. If you want to learn, play with some other tools and you will meet skilled fire breathers who will teach you (you wont have to look for them). Sorry to be a buzzkill

'sif I didn't know any of that.
But yeah, just TRY and stop a teenage boy from doing something he thinks looks cool.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Alyss

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 06:57:33 PM »

Existential

• I Exist As A
  • Strangely Enough
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 02:14:44 PM »

Hey
i know how to bereave fire
but Ive never actually done it
so really i no the theory of fire breathing..
i could give u some help if u like?
You Just Lost The Game

FireBugGirl

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 07:22:16 AM »

Hey,

Have you checked out http://www.learnfireeating.com/home yet?

There's a bunch of free content and an awesome DVD that teaches you everything.

Phantoo

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 06:57:46 AM »

Fire Eating is the act of placing lit wicks in the mouth or swallowing them. It can be performed such that the wick is extinguished or returns still lit. Fire eating is not often performed as a singular act, but is often combined with fire breathing. It has a long and mostly undocumented history that can be traced back to ancient Egypt.

Fire Breathing is the act of expelling atomized fuel from the mouth over a flame, so as to create the appearance of exhaling fire. This is one of the most dangerous fire arts, because the flames have a tendency to follow the fuel back into the individual's mouth and lungs. It can lead to burns, cancer, poisoning, uncontrolled fires, and death.

Real Estate Reviews

Real Estate Reviews

Anabolic

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 02:32:02 AM »

Fire breathing is the act of creating a fireball by breathing a fine mist of fuel over an open flame. Proper technique and the correct fuel create the illusion of danger to enhance the novelty of fire breathing, while reducing the risk to health and safety. When using the correct fuel, it will only light when sprayed into a fine mist increasing the surface area of the fuel so that the fuel/oxygen/heat ratio is balanced enough to cause combustion.

buy steroids

buy anabolic

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 02:41:41 AM »

Fire breathing is the act of creating a fireball by breathing a fine mist of fuel over an open flame. Proper technique and the correct fuel create the illusion of danger to enhance the novelty of fire breathing, while reducing the risk to health and safety. When using the correct fuel, it will only light when sprayed into a fine mist increasing the surface area of the fuel so that the fuel/oxygen/heat ratio is balanced enough to cause combustion.

buy steroids

buy anabolic
Don't steroids make your fireballs shrink?
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

earthshine

• Lord of the Thighs
  • I've got terminal uniqueness!
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 05:06:03 AM »

I wonder why spambots are so interested in fire breathing? :P
Quote from: Indja
Quote from: CeeGBee
Is pussy allowed in the Batcave?   :-\
Homophobe.

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

http://twitter.com/sisterdisco http://www.facebook.com/nat.davies1
ADD ME!!! :)

Ria23

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 04:05:03 PM »

Fire breathing should ONLY be attempted by someone who is trained and understands fire (no offense but you brother should NOT be doing it). It is THE most dangerous of the fire skills and half of the fire performers I know wont even do it unless paid $1000+. Not only is there the risk of the fire blowing back at your face due to wind change (happened to my friend who is also one of the best poi/double staff spinners in the world.

echoing this. I have met a guy who has scarring all over one side of his face from blowback of a flame.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up