THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: blowfish testicles sicken 7  (Read 2959 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
blowfish testicles sicken 7
« on: January 27, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: blowfish testicles sicken 7
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »

I wonder how many people died trying to create fugu in the first place.... I have visions of an emperor saying to his court....
"I want to eat that fish!" and his advisors turning to him and saying "majesty, that fish is poisonous you cannot eat it"
the emperor refuses to be denied and then asks for the finest chefs in the land to make him fugu...... on the condition that they try their own recipes first
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 03:34:14 PM »

still want some.  :sign5:

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »

Waitaminnit!

This was an episode of The Simpsons....  The head chef was out in the parking lot with a
girl, so the assistant chef (unqualified to fix fugu) prepared it.  Everyone thought Homer'd been
poisoned, and was going to die (and yet, he had no immediate symptoms), and he set about
trying to be a better father in the time he had left...  Then he didn't die.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Alyss

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »

fishbulb

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »

Waitaminnit!

This was an episode of The Simpsons....  The head chef was out in the parking lot with a
girl, so the assistant chef (unqualified to fix fugu) prepared it.  Everyone thought Homer'd been
poisoned, and was going to die (and yet, he had no immediate symptoms), and he set about

The girl was actually Ms Crabapple.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »

Waitaminnit!

The girl was actually Ms Crabapple.
Really?  She was steppin' out on Seymore?  How'd I forget that?

fishbulb

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 03:29:51 AM »

Really. As sad as it is, I am the Simpsons walking encyclopedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Fish,_Two_Fish,_Blowfish,_Blue_Fish

Seymore is just one of the many flies circling the crabapplepie. Provided his mother isn't watching of course.

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 06:00:46 PM »

About two years ago, while in new york, a few friends and I ate at Morimoto, which is apparently the best place to eat fugu outside of japan. I ordered sashimi, and some kind of fried monstrosity (not the traditional fugu hire-zake) that the chef called kentucky fried fugu. Here's the real kicker: both were horrid. Fugu tastes like chicken that's past it's prime, with a big price tag. The one plus is it makes your whole face tingle like Novocaine, because the chefs leave some tetrodotoxin on the fish, just for that reason.

Even still, I'd like to have the traditional full course fugu meal. I've yet to find a resturant in the U.S. that serves one.
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 06:45:18 PM »

I'd like to have the traditional full course fugu meal. I've yet to find a resturant in the U.S. that serves one.

If the restaurants in New York that serve fugu don't do the full meal then there probably aren't any places in the US that do. I don't think there are any places outside New York that do it, are there? Well, anyway, even if there are, I wouldn't trust some place in Buttfuck Alabama to serve me a tuna sandwich, let alone fugu sashimi.)

There's one restaurant in Tokyo that is supposed to be the best place for the full fugu experience.. I can't remember the name though. A real posh upmarket place (in the Ginza district, I think?) The fugu meals cost like $500 or something.

Katherine May Williams

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 06:48:08 PM »

PS - No offence to people from Alabama (Buttfuck or elsewhere). I'm just bitter cuz you can't get fugu anywhere in Europe (it's "illegal" or something). Ignore me.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »

I'd like to have the traditional full course fugu meal. I've yet to find a resturant in the U.S. that serves one.

If the restaurants in New York that serve fugu don't do the full meal then there probably aren't any places in the US that do. I don't think there are any places outside New York that do it, are there?.
While I don't know of any place specifically, the West Coast has a much larger established
and affluent Asian (and specifically Japanese) population than the East Coast.  I'd look in
L.A., Frisco, or even Seattle.

$ethie

• Fo' five dollahs, I'll suck yo
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 05:14:48 AM »

If the restaurants in New York that serve fugu don't do the full meal then there probably aren't any places in the US that do. I don't think there are any places outside New York that do it, are there? Well, anyway, even if there are, I wouldn't trust some place in Buttfuck Alabama to serve me a tuna sandwich, let alone fugu sashimi.)

There's one restaurant in Tokyo that is supposed to be the best place for the full fugu experience.. I can't remember the name though. A real posh upmarket place (in the Ginza district, I think?) The fugu meals cost like $500 or something.

Last I heard, there were twenty-seven restaurants in the U.S. that were authorized to serve fugu. I believe seventeen of them were in New York, and all the rest were on the west coast. A few didn't do the full-course thing, a few I couldn't find menus for, and I couldn't find the names of a few of them.

As for not trusting a resturant in Alabama to serve fugu, you're speaking with a guy who ate sushi from a truck stop in I Just Saw A Banjo Player On That Porch, West Virginia. Like, seriously, middle of nowhere. Took a wrong turn on a booze run (I live in PA, and our state doesn't sell liquor past nine, but WV sells it until two) and spent the next four hours trying to get out of deliverance. Then there was the time I ate raw oysters from a cart at the fair. I have an amazing track record with seafood. I never get sick from it. Fugu? Meh. If it was bad, they can pump my stomach and it'll all be good. Bring on the killer blowfish!
Quote from: .cadenza.
I DREAMT ABOUT HAVING A PENIS. I HAD FANTASIES OF STROKING MY PENIS. AS I DIE, I IMAGINE MYSELF BEING SLICED OPEN WITH A...~ACKBLOODDEATH~

Merk

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »

o.o;'

hateandjealousy

• cow punk.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 12:21:54 AM »

you know what I learned don't eat fish testicles, seriously why would you do this testicles all ready don't smell great then you eat fish's testicles, yep your smart  :uglystupid2:
I've got torn up knees and calloused fingertips,
broken vocal chords and busted lips.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »

Last I heard, there were twenty-seven restaurants in the U.S. that were authorized to serve fugu. I believe seventeen of them were in New York, and all the rest were on the west coast. A few didn't do the full-course thing, a few I couldn't find menus for, and I couldn't find the names of a few of them.

As for not trusting a resturant in Alabama to serve fugu, you're speaking with a guy who ate sushi from a truck stop in I Just Saw A Banjo Player On That Porch, West Virginia. Like, seriously, middle of nowhere. Took a wrong turn on a booze run (I live in PA, and our state doesn't sell liquor past nine, but WV sells it until two) and spent the next four hours trying to get out of deliverance. Then there was the time I ate raw oysters from a cart at the fair. I have an amazing track record with seafood. I never get sick from it. Fugu? Meh. If it was bad, they can pump my stomach and it'll all be good. Bring on the killer blowfish!

By the time you realized the fugu was bad, you'd be dead.  Nobody wants a dead, bloated Sethiecake.  The frosting's all wrong.  </3
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up