THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 24  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread  (Read 53566 times)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:27:37 AM »

So this person appeared last week, posted an awful lot, then turned out to be a complete fabrication.
Since his alleged true identity was revealed, he has provided derail-fodder for waaay too many threads.
Here then, a central repository for all things Alyss/Man-Alice:

DO you just love his little exercise in literary character-development in an interactive setting?

DO you simply loathe ALL alter-ego message-board personas?  (If so, does his conversion to what
he claims to be his actual persona relieve your irritation?)

ARE you pissed off that he used as literary devices traumas and circumstances endured by some
of our actual-people members?  Do you think it even more inexcusable that he recognizes (perhaps)
a need to apologize, but can't seem to think what for?

DO you simply wish that discussion of this person would stop clogging up otherwise-useful or at least
entertaining threads?

AIR YOUR VIEWS, THOUGHTS, AND OPINIONS HERE
...and stop derailing everything else.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
Re: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:27:07 AM »

personally i found his behaviour massively offensive, and was surprised when, after he was revealed as a hoax, cjust carried on posting a thousand posts a minute as if it was all ok....
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:41:46 AM »

Internet/message board trolls SEEK attention.

We are giving this troll TOO MUCH of it - whether it's complaining or encouraging replies.

We're better of ignoring it and trying to keep our threads ON TOPIC.

I don't care who posts or how much they post, stop derailing threads.

That's all I'd like to say about that.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

Musings

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 03:45:40 AM »

Raliel, I would just be a little wary that the entire group isn't fucking with you... Alyss has posted with his real name before, way back when:

http://therespite.informe.com/forum/z-dt246.html 
&
http://therespite.informe.com/forum/white-kid-gloves-dt50.html
&
http://therespite.informe.com/forum/a-slash-for-rebecca-dt103.html?highlight=fergus

And at least 6 other places on that old board, where at least Matthias definitely existed.

Roleplayers, got to love them.

Now, Fergus.  I thought your game was fine while it lasted, but I think it's time to stop fucking with us yourself, right?   

Edit: Or I should say, Fergus or whoever the fuck you are.
www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 04:14:49 AM »

Roleplayers, got to love them.

I knew that Roleplayers were a bit backwards when it came to girls but being willing to pretend that Fungus was a girl just to have one to talk to - really fucking sad  >:D
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Musings

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 04:25:18 AM »

Ah, I wouldn't go so far to say all roleplayers, this particular set seems to be very entrenched in keeping the fantasy alive.

And this guy in particular.  You know what would be kind of funny, but would never happen?  If Amanda recruited him to the WKAP RPG.

www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 04:38:09 AM »

personally i found his behaviour massively offensive, and was surprised when, after he was revealed as a hoax, cjust carried on posting a thousand posts a minute as if it was all ok....

Deeeeeeeeeefinitely agreeing with that.

I'm pretty annoyed about the whole thing. I am willing to not get all 'HSKANILKUAHIL!!!!!' at 'Man Alice's every post, but the whole thing sucked.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 05:00:59 AM »

Ah, I wouldn't go so far to say all roleplayers, this particular set seems to be very entrenched in keeping the fantasy alive.

And this guy in particular.  You know what would be kind of funny, but would never happen?  If Amanda recruited him to the WKAP RPG.

Maybe that was his dastardly plan.... ;D

Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

fishbulb

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 07:09:44 AM »

Some of you are actually trying to get to know this guy/gal/thing? You're doing it again. Re-read that quote above. "Don't know how to apologize", "I feel really badly", "I'd love you get to know you folk"? Honestly, I really can appreciate the fact that people on here are so trusting, but be real, and watch yourselves. Do you honestly think that Alice did all this without the intention of revealing itself the way it has, and reveling in the drama it's caused? And acting exactly like it's acting right now?

I mean, there's being nice, and there's being too nice. You're all too nice. It's not "finally telling the truth". I can guarantee it.

It's a troll. A pretty good one. But just a troll. And should be treated as such. Although it sucks, and if you got wrapped up emotionally in it it's embarrassing, but asking for apologies and/or trying to get to know the guy/girl/thing is too much, in my opinion.

Alice: I actually like you, as a character. But you're still a character. And you won't ever be anything more here. You...I meant you didn't burn the bridge, you conflaged the mother fucker. You don't honestly thing you can fit in here. I know it. I'd recommend leaving, but I don't think it'll matter, you'll be gone in a week. And if you truely felt bad? You'd have already left.

And to be more blunt: if you really have been pretending to be someone else on another forum for a number of years, to the point where people are that attached to that character, you have issues. Get checked out. I'm serious. Megolomania isn't healthy. You either haven't experienced enough of life yet to know just how fragile some people can be (given the amount of time you spend on the internet it wouldn't surprise me) or are just mean spirited. You can claim "I don't know what to do" all you want, and that its fun and games, but that's all BS. And you seem smart enough to know it.

You can't be that articulate and elaborate, and then claim to not understand basic emotions. Brah. And I'd hate to see you end up a sociopath.

I'm all for a good game. Even a mind fuck. I don't disapprove of what you did here. But I truely hope you reap what you sow on that other forum, if what you said it true. Unfortunately I just think you'll end up causing a lot of pain, or made it up. Hopefully you don't believe in karma.

Everyone else: some of you are giving him the benefit of the doubt. That's what got you into this mess. Stay away, don't befriend, ignore if possible, and try and remember for next time. The SB is not necessarily the safe haven it might appear to be. That doesn't change your current relationships steming from this board. It is what you make it. But it's definitely not safe. It's a public message board.

I observed all of this, and in light of my own history here in the shadowbox I tried to form a kind of warning for people, since the reactions partly really surprised me, but I couldn't find the right words. Kovacs, you just said what I was trying to think / say. If somebody has been hurtful to you, he will again. Stay away. If somebody has lied about their identity, they will lie again. An idendity is presented, later retracted and another identity replaces it. How long until that gets retracted too? The internet is a bucket of snot filled with eels. If you don't want snot all over you, stay away or be really really careful. Being too trusting is never a good thing. Please be careful.

Ps I'm not trying to say everybody is an eel, it's just an analogy, I did make some very good friends in here.

Cross posted from another thread that indeed should not be derailed.

Bubblegum Britt

• is flirting with too many disasters.
  • All is fair in love and war and love
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 07:16:57 AM »

Ha, I love this thread.

I don't know, I'm pretty forgiving, so I'm not angry with Fergus anymore although he did some fucked up shit, and we've talked some, but I'm still cautious.

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 07:37:50 AM »

Deeeeeeeeeefinitely agreeing with that.

I'm pretty annoyed about the whole thing. I am willing to not get all 'HSKANILKUAHIL!!!!!' at 'Man Alice's every post, but the whole thing sucked.

What she said :) I already said enough about it.
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

Ecstasia

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 07:39:12 AM »

I don't really understand what upset people.  It's an odd thing to do, but as was stated above, it's not the first time someone has done it.  I just am a little surprised that people are so emotionally invested in a message board (even the Shadowbox) that they could be so effected (affected? I will never remember which) by this.

***I just read Kovacs post and have to say I completely agree***
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 09:18:50 AM »

I don't really understand what upset people.  It's an odd thing to do, but as was stated above, it's not the first time someone has done it.  I just am a little surprised that people are so emotionally invested in a message board (even the Shadowbox) that they could be so effected (affected? I will never remember which) by this.

***I just read Kovacs post and have to say I completely agree***

Maybe it was silly for people to get so crazy over it, but 'Alice' said things that were not okay in any context. 'She' mocked the beliefs of another member, at one point, which is really not okay...
And I think it makes sense to become 'emotionally invested' in things here, I think. I've made a few real life friends in here and lots of 'internet friends' who I care a lot about (even if that sounds silly. But they are people and they are people I get along with). And this is where I met them and where I talk to them. I know it's the same for other people, too. It's not nice when someone comes along and abuses that.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Rini Martini

• is not as callous as you think.
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »

Kovacs, I'm totally 100% with you. Couldn't agree more.

If 'Man Alice' genuinely wanted another chance to get to know us and be himself, he would have abandoned the account and created another one. He would re-join, free of our prejudice, surely. But he/she/it loves the drama. 'Help apologising'? Give me a break.

I really think that "getting to know the real Alice" is a wasted effort. I don't believe for a minute that he's being genuine now. And frankly I don't have time for someone that finds it so easy to fuck with people like that. Neither should you guys, you're too forgiving.

I seriously think we all just need to make a pact to stop talking about this whole thing. We have dedicated an entire thread to the guy for God's sake, he's not worth it. It's a good thing that the bitching is all being "contained" here, but seriously - we're giving him/her/whatever exactly the attention that they came here for.
'Hello, I'm good for nothing, would you love me just the same?'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 24  All   Go Up