THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 24  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread  (Read 53691 times)

Alyss

Re: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 01:11:58 PM »

I never meant to mock your faith. It was just a stupid joke that you misinterpreted as an attack. I honestly mean that.

Ecstasia

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »

Are you on here 24/7?
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Alyss

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 01:15:04 PM »

I didn't sleep last night. So I've been on pretty much constantly for 25 hours.

Hush

• this is where it ends.
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »

You'd be amazed at how many people don't know that.

You'd be amazed how many of us did. You had your fun, you made people feel bad. Now fuck off.
This.
Except the fuck off part. ... Maybe.
Actually, I've thought about it and I'd like to take back that "maybe". Fuck off seems to sum it up, because every time I see one of his/her/its WAY TOO MANY posts, I can't help but think: "what the hell are you still doing here?". He/she/it didn't hurt me personally, but they hurt other people and really crossed the line in pretending to be raped/suicidal/hospitalized. Not cool.

BaronLaCroix

• A Walking Warning Sign
  • Ego veho vermis.
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »

Having had just arrived, I'm not in a position to do much more than observe.  However, I seem to have come it at the height of the tidal wave.
Deliberate misrepresentation of oneself on the internet is as old as... well, the internet.  Reasons vary: to say things behind the veil of anonymity, to say things for which their "real self" might not be taken seriously, to get attention, to manipulate others, &ct.  It seems in this case, this guy is a case of the last.  Making outlandishly false claims (being an an institution, having been raped, &ct) is just manipulative, controlling and horrible.
Some argue "oh, it's the internet, we can always just play pretend", and there's a point to that.  But that point isn't valid here.  Just garnering attention and sympathy for horrible things some here have experienced, first or send-hand, isn't playing; it's trolling.
To whit:
I honestly mean that.
I doubt you honestly anything.
Death before decaf.
Cocktails before noon.
There's no such thing as a natural death when the Circus is in town.
Baron's not a dick.

nottheonethatscrazy

• I am not your lover. I am the map you use to find him.
  • I want my chest pressed to your chest.
    • That never talking thing you do is effective.
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »

I think the reason that people are so peeved about this is because this just isn't the sort of thing that happens around here.
I posted in the the Trolling thread that we tend to trust people on this forum.
Therefore, we don't expect anyone to be something other than they said they were.

Alyss

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 01:31:45 PM »

May I ask a question? I'm sure you're all familiar with the character Borat? He gives a thoroughly unflattering portrayal of Kazakhstan. He pretends to be Kazakhstani, and people believe him. Did he cross the line as well? Sasha Baron Cohen didn't create that character with the intention of upsetting anyone from Kazakhstan, just as I didn't create Alice with the intention of upsetting anyone with mental illness.

You're all taking this like it's a personal attack. It isn't.

nottheonethatscrazy

• I am not your lover. I am the map you use to find him.
  • I want my chest pressed to your chest.
    • That never talking thing you do is effective.
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 01:33:49 PM »

People are seeing it as a personal attack because it's sort of like a massive betrayal of trust.
I'm not angry, I'm just seeing it, like I said, objectively.

BaronLaCroix

• A Walking Warning Sign
  • Ego veho vermis.
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »

May I ask a question? I'm sure you're all familiar with the character Borat? He gives a thoroughly unflattering portrayal of Kazakhstan. He pretends to be Kazakhstani, and people believe him. Did he cross the line as well? Sasha Baron Cohen didn't create that character with the intention of upsetting anyone from Kazakhstan, just as I didn't create Alice with the intention of upsetting anyone with mental illness.

You've proven the point I was reaching with eloquence and grace: Sacha Baron* Cohen plays people he isn't and then provokes reactions for the amusement of others.  You have played someone you aren't and provoked reactions for amusement of yourself.  Maybe not humorous amusement, but amusement none the same.
---
*No relation.
Death before decaf.
Cocktails before noon.
Baron's not a dick.

Alyss

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 01:40:20 PM »

You've proven the point I was reaching with eloquence and grace: Sacha Baron* Cohen plays people he isn't and then provokes reactions for the amusement of others.  You have played someone you aren't and provoked reactions for amusement of yourself.  Maybe not humorous amusement, but amusement none the same.
---
*No relation.
Well it's not actually that simple but, for the sake of argument, fine.
But if that's the case, are the people of Kazakhstan justified in despising the man?

Kovacs

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 01:42:31 PM »

I hate to be a broken record, so this is the last I'll post about this, otherwise I'm not practicing what I preach.

The above is a standard troll argument, and will go on forever if you take the bait. The only way to beat it is complete ignoration. Ignoration? Ignorance. Wait, no.

Ignore it. Even when he says more and more inflammitory things to get a reaction, ignore it. Someone will always take the bait, but if the majority of a community ignores a troll, it goes away.

Ignore it!

:)

(Oh, and I apologize for the derailment in the photos thread, I hadn't noticed this thread yet)

Rini Martini

• is not as callous as you think.
    • Myspace
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 01:44:04 PM »

My God, "Man Alice", you're making the stupidest point ever... Seriously, why are you still here?
'Hello, I'm good for nothing, would you love me just the same?'

BaronLaCroix

• A Walking Warning Sign
  • Ego veho vermis.
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »

Well it's not actually that simple but, for the sake of argument, fine.
But if that's the case, are the people of Kazakhstan justified in despising the man?
Leave the Kazakhs out of this.
Go darken threads elsewhere.
Death before decaf.
Cocktails before noon.
Baron's not a dick.

Alyss

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 01:46:42 PM »

I'm not trying to inflame anything. And I'm still here because not everyone on this forum hates me. I still have a good time engaging with them.

Rini Martini

• is not as callous as you think.
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 01:53:26 PM »

If you're as sorry and regretful as you claimed to be, why are you trying to justify your actions with this 'Borat' analogy?
'Hello, I'm good for nothing, would you love me just the same?'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 24  All   Go Up