THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 24  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread  (Read 59825 times)

Alyss

Re: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »

Go ahead and rip into me. This is what the thread's for.

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2009, 06:48:59 PM »

Simply warning someone for something like this is kinda weak, especially when it affected the whole board in the way that it did. A post per day limit would have been gracious, and a suspension would have been lenient... but a warning... Ha. Man Alice, you're extremely lucky. Surprisingly lucky. There are a lot of people on this board who are hoping that you'll be banned. And the silliest part of all is that you're not grateful for this. Nah, instead you continue to boast that you're the "invading force," etc. Perhaps you should express some minuscule amount of gratitude by discontinuing your verbal diarrhea and treating the rest of the 'box members as human beings. Or perhaps it is too much to ask.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

Mockery

• Frank L. Baum's past bride and Oz princess
  • Lovely, lovely lady lumps
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2009, 06:56:29 PM »

Guys, could the two of you please take this to the PMs?

Impossible. I block scumbags.

edit: besides, taking a conversation to PMs would make sense if we were derailing a thread with convo/argument. However, this is a thread specifically created to express hatred/love of alyss/man alice, so I don't think that it would be necessary.
Okay, it was just a suggestion.
was too busy looking at the attractive girl in the weird paint vag bib.

I have 47 Indja Points

Alyss

« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »

My custom title is ironic. If you wish me to change it, I will do so, and I welcome suggestions. I wasn't aware that I had, since coming clean, been rude to other SB members. If you can show me an example of this, I'll know what to avoid doing in the future.

My post count, however, I will not come down on. I'm not sorry about how much I post, and will continue to post as much as I wish to. If this offends you, then I'm sorry, but it's something you will have to get used to.

dangerpants

« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2009, 07:04:37 PM »

My custom title is ironic. If you wish me to change it, I will do so, and I welcome suggestions. I wasn't aware that I had, since coming clean, been rude to other SB members. If you can show me an example of this, I'll know what to avoid doing in the future.

My post count, however, I will not come down on. I'm not sorry about how much I post, and will continue to post as much as I wish to. If this offends you, then I'm sorry, but it's something you will have to get used to.

Whether or not your post count bothers me specifically is irrelevant. Whether or not you're being a childish moron is.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

Ecstasia

« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »

The fact that it did effect the whole board is what astonishes me.  It was weird. It was stupid.  Whatever.  I don't believe that he intended to mock anyone.  He made outlandish claims but, again, whatever. 

Perhaps this will be a lesson for some not to get so emotionally invested in a person on a message board who they have never met.  I understand that this board is somewhat different than others in that many people do know each other in 'real life' or have made friends because of it.  But that whole line of posts saying that because this is the Dresden Dolls board they instantly trust someone or feel a connection to them is insane to me.  To trust someone online (more than you would someone else) because they like the Dolls is pretty naive and has the potential to be dangerous. 

I don't like or dislike Man Alice either way (well, his excessive posting gets to me), but I don't think what he did has warranted this amount of outrage.  Get over it.
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Alyss

« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »

And, as I said:
I wasn't aware that I had, since coming clean, been rude to other SB members. If you can show me an example of this, I'll know what to avoid doing in the future.

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »

The fact that it did effect the whole board is what astonishes me.  It was weird. It was stupid.  Whatever.  I don't believe that he intended to mock anyone.  He made outlandish claims but, again, whatever. 

Perhaps this will be a lesson for some not to get so emotionally invested in a person on a message board who they have never met.  I understand that this board is somewhat different than others in that many people do know each other in 'real life' or have made friends because of it.  But that whole line of posts saying that because this is the Dresden Dolls board they instantly trust someone or feel a connection to them is insane to me.  To trust someone online (more than you would someone else) because they like the Dolls is pretty naive and has the potential to be dangerous. 

I don't like or dislike Man Alice either way (well, his excessive posting gets to me), but I don't think what he did has warranted this amount of outrage.  Get over it.

He instigated us investing our emotions, he posted as a vulnerable girl, he deceived us. He should leave.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

Alyss

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »

I'm sorry, but I'm not going. There are enough people here friendly to me to justify staying.

Nala

• is backwards
    • Nala's twitter
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »

Regardless of the whole Alyss/Man Alice debarkle, surely the rule regarding excessive photos/topics applies to excessive replying to topics as well does it not?

Seriously, I think getting a post count of over 1000 in only two weeks has to be excessive doesn't it?

dangerpants

« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2009, 07:18:02 PM »

Ecstasia, perhaps it would make more sense to you if you were a member of the shadowbox for many years. I've come to view a lot of the members on the board (present and otherwise) as family. When that happens, it's hard to pretend like the other people on the forum couldn't fill that role as well.
In addition to this, I am someone affected by the things he pretended he was. Yes, I'm as over the events as one can be, but that doesn't mean I can ignore someone throwing around the word like it's semi-permanent hair dye.
I try to trust people online because they're still PEOPLE. This is the whole idea. I'll even trust someone that I know is an alter. It's part of who I am, that I trust and love. But when someone does something like this? It's not stupid. It's big. And I am perfectly allowed to express my indignation that he's not banned, just as you're allowed to call me naive.

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2009, 07:19:29 PM »

I would like to be able to come to this board which has been good to me for 5 years now and read through my friends postings without it being clogged up with one line, soulless man alice posts.
If you're not going to leave, could you at least cut down the post count? It's not a competition, and it makes you seem more annoying than you probably are.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

Ecstasia

« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »

He instigated us investing our emotions, he posted as a vulnerable girl, he deceived us. He should leave.

I'm trying really hard to understand how you guys feel, but I can't.  You didn't know "her" yet believed everything "she" posted despite the fact that it all seemed really implausible.  You allowed yourselves to be effected (it seems really strongly) by what "she" had to say, again, despite the fact that you had no idea whether or not any of it was true.  Not to sound callous, but if you allowed yourself to be made upset over this situation, it is your own fault.
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Alyss

« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2009, 07:25:37 PM »

I would like to be able to come to this board which has been good to me for 5 years now and read through my friends postings without it being clogged up with one line, soulless man alice posts.
If you're not going to leave, could you at least cut down the post count? It's not a competition, and it makes you seem more annoying than you probably are.
I just keep up with the topics that I've posted in. I'm sorry that it annoys you, but I will continue to post when and where I please. I don't post unless I feel I have something to add or express. Why is high activity seen as a bad thing? I just have a lot of free time. As you may have noticed, my post count has actually gone down recently.

Ecstasia

« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2009, 07:29:10 PM »

I just keep up with the topics that I've posted in. I'm sorry that it annoys you, but I will continue to post when and where I please. I don't post unless I feel I have something to add or express. Why is high activity seen as a bad thing? I just have a lot of free time. As you may have noticed, my post count has actually gone down recently.

I think your high activity can be annoying because, at a certain point, posts no longer contain any substance.  You post merely for the sake of posting and clutter threads.  Find something to fill all that free time.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 24  All   Go Up