THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 24  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread  (Read 58354 times)

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
Re: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2009, 08:17:37 PM »

And you are being unreasonable. You're asking me to change my posting habits because it annoys you. Your posting habits annoy me. Why shouldn't I tell you do change yours?

Because a large amount of the 'box are annoyed by your posts, and not at all by Hauhinka's?

I hope you know you're not making very much sense.
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2009, 08:17:47 PM »

I'm going to give you my opinion on this, even though you'll probably ignore it as much as anything else.
There seems to be little behind your posts, it's just aimless...stuff. I haven't noticed a tonne of personality, there. It's one word responses and, since you admitted who you are, apologies that are phrased in a way that seems somewhat cold or blank.
People on here know and like Yoshi a lot. And how do you get people to like you on a forum, where you can't be judged for actions, but rather words? You say things that interest them and give them a reason to care about you.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Ecstasia

« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2009, 08:18:13 PM »

Can one necessarily direct one's emotions? Sure, you can say to yourself "oh, ignore her, she just gets off on pretending to be righteous," but can you completely ignore someone completely? Can you really look at someone saying to you "I was raped and I'm in a psych ward," without some amount of pity in your heart, regardless of whether or not they are speaking to you in person or on the internet? Especially if 1) you were raped, 2) you were in a psych ward, and 3) you had major psychological issues?

I have not been raped or been in a psych ward nor have I had any disgnosed pyschological problems.  I'm hoping that that doesn't cause my argument to be automatically deemed invalid.  I feel like emotions, to a certain extent, can be directed. Or perhaps guarded would be a better word.  What I witnessed was some girl coming onto the forum, saying she was raped, in a psych ward and other similarly outrageous things.  The first thing I thought was that she was an attention whore (though the whole incest portion had me intrigued), but didn't completely rule it out.  This is the internet and people love to do that kind of stuff.  Had she stayed and given me reason to believe her, then I might have felt bad.  But I would not allow myself to become so invested that , if something like this situation occurred, I would feel betrayed or as if I had been made a fool of. Perhaps because this girl claimed to be in a similar situation that you are in or have been in, you were more likely to empathize.  But, again, because you can never really know anyone (unless of course you have met them or talked to them for some time), I would just be more careful with my emotions.  And please don't take that last statement as me being condescending because that is not how I meant it at all.
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Mr. Leave Me Alone

• Cake Sex Riot
  • 'Agent of mirth'
    • Blog.
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »

You don't seem to be keeping in mind that a lot of people didn't actually believe it and a lot of this is coming from people feeling pissed off and offended by how lightly Man Alice seems to take horrible things that people around here have actually been through.
Guns N' Roses are red, violets are funny...

Unbreakable toys are useful for breaking other toys.

I witnessed the Cake Sex Riot-4/3/12. Pray for me.
☑✝
☒♀+cake

Alyss

« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »

I post about my likes and dislikes, just more often. The thing with this isn't that I post a lot, it's that you don't like me. If that's the case, please just say so. Why bother going on about my post count at all?

Actually, you were the one that brought Yoshi into this (emphasis mine):

You want an example? Ok, read through your user posts, then look up, say, somewhatty, Kenny Wisdom, Sylvia, Fishbulb, CeeGBee, Yosmark or Jesse.
Compare. These people all have points to make. You don't, besides arguing that your own existence here isn't futile.

I personally quite like the guy and wish he was around more often.

And what nnoys me about your posting habits? You post too little. I'd like you to post 100 posts a day. If you do that, I'll limit myself to 50.

If people want to know about me, they can PM me. I'd love more people to PM me. At the moment it's just Britt, though I do dearly value the company. Or, take a look in 'Shit that ruined/made your day', 'People I'd like to Bang', 'Movies you LOVE and would urge others to see', 'The Writer's Thread', 'Shit that pisses you the fuck off', 'The Gush about your crush thread', and 'The only girl I ever loved' thread. In all of those, I'm there, speaking about who I am. I post more in threads like 'Last Poster WIns II' because it's a more active thread; someone posts, I respond.

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2009, 08:29:34 PM »

Oh believe me, this whole thing isn't just about your postcount, or whether or not liking you. It's a whole lot more. And I show my likings and dislikings too, it's just how you say it. And it has to do with being respectful towards other persons with human feelings around here.
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

Haushinka

• finally fell in love with THE WORLD.
  • SHOVE IT SHOVE IT SHOVE IT.
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2009, 08:30:15 PM »

Ugh there really is no point in arguing with you is there?
 Ok, your high post count fills this box with fodder I don't care for and I no longer enjoy this place as a result of it. No, I'm not holding you accountable for my feelings, the 'box has been going downhill for at least 6 months now, but you have proved the straw that broke the camels back.
Yoshiki Vázquez Baeza.
Future husband.

Alyss

« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2009, 08:32:12 PM »

Oh believe me, this whole thing isn't just about your postcount, or whether or not liking you. It's a whole lot more. And I show my likings and dislikings too, it's just how you say it. And it has to do with being respectful towards other persons with human feelings around here.
So show me where I'm not showing respect, and I'll correct it. Please, I'm really trying to improve.

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2009, 08:35:36 PM »

Can one necessarily direct one's emotions? Sure, you can say to yourself "oh, ignore her, she just gets off on pretending to be righteous," but can you completely ignore someone completely? Can you really look at someone saying to you "I was raped and I'm in a psych ward," without some amount of pity in your heart, regardless of whether or not they are speaking to you in person or on the internet? Especially if 1) you were raped, 2) you were in a psych ward, and 3) you had major psychological issues?

I have not been raped or been in a psych ward nor have I had any disgnosed pyschological problems.  I'm hoping that that doesn't cause my argument to be automatically deemed invalid.  I feel like emotions, to a certain extent, can be directed. Or perhaps guarded would be a better word.  What I witnessed was some girl coming onto the forum, saying she was raped, in a psych ward and other similarly outrageous things.  The first thing I thought was that she was an attention whore (though the whole incest portion had me intrigued), but didn't completely rule it out.  This is the internet and people love to do that kind of stuff.  Had she stayed and given me reason to believe her, then I might have felt bad.  But I would not allow myself to become so invested that , if something like this situation occurred, I would feel betrayed or as if I had been made a fool of. Perhaps because this girl claimed to be in a similar situation that you are in or have been in, you were more likely to empathize.  But, again, because you can never really know anyone (unless of course you have met them or talked to them for some time), I would just be more careful with my emotions.  And please don't take that last statement as me being condescending because that is not how I meant it at all.

No, your argument isn't necessarily invalid. It certainly applies to you, since you obviously are better at the internet than everyone else. But to order others from different perspectives to "get over it" is what I'm trying to argue against. You don't understand the other views. Instead, you're shutting them down because we apparently should have known better than to give someone the benefit of the doubt. What I've been saying are the reasons why I'm upset, and what you've been saying is that regardless of my life experiences, it's my own damn fault that I'm upset. I am very careful with my emotions, but I don't bottle everything up and pretend that I have none.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

dangerpants

« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2009, 08:36:18 PM »

Please, I'm really trying to improve.

Fixed.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

Alyss

« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Ecstasia

« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2009, 08:37:45 PM »

Fair enough.  I don't think I will understand why people are upset and you clearly disagree with my view, so I think I'll leave mine at what I have said already.
Death was just another phase and maybe a better one. You wondered if we knew each other before.  You asked me who I thought I was before.  I said maybe a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe.  If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2009, 08:43:08 PM »

wow this really isnt a nice thread at all. i understand a lot of you are angry at him, but its not very nice to make a whole thread attacking someone, if you have a problem with it, you could really just pm him to say so. i mean the derailing of the threads isnt his fault alone, everyone who got offended at what he's said and decided to argue with him in the thread isntead of PMing complaints to him, contributed to the derailing...

sorry if i sound all preachy, i just think this thread has a very negative vibe about it and i like this to be a happy place...

Alyss

« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »

It was a massive betrayal of trust. If they want a thread to scream about it, they deserves at least that much.

dangerpants

« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »

Goodbye_Umbrella, if anyone else has the same motives as I do, this is public for these reasons:
1) to acknowledge other people who agree with you and make them aware that they are not alone.
2) so the mods can see that there are people who want man alice to be punished for his massive betrayal of the community's trust.
3) because swearing is fun!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 24  All   Go Up