THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 24  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread  (Read 56375 times)

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
Re: THE OFFICIAL ALYSS/MAN ALICE HATE/LOVE/Bitch&Moan thread
« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2009, 09:35:01 AM »

Why do you say that?  Because of the unfair way we were treated by your forum?

Basically. However the decision is perceived, I simply never imagined you'd have wanted any more to do with it.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

Matthais777

« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »

Hello, This is Matthais77 From the Traveler's Respite... and i figure if anyone has a right to say something here, it's me.

Fergus tricked me. He tricked me for almost 1 year and nearly 7 months. In this time, he concocted a elaborate ruse, first explaining that he was not a girl, he was a guy (We originally assumed him to be a girl), then saying that yes, he was a girl but had claimed not to be so as not to raise the ire of a female member of the site whom he was RPing with (Yes, this girl is a girl, know her personally). He then proceeded to post some rather convincing pictures, which i have yet to figure out how he faked... all i can figure is that there is some girl he knows personally who was a accomplice. This girl took a photo of herself with a list of character names on a sheet of paper she held, (in a bathroom mirror, the words being reversed in the mirror) these characters all being Fergus's RPs. For the next year or so i was suprised, but assumed this to be the truth. After all, logic seemed to be on his side. When he started making outragous claims, i did what i always did. I tried to help. I was a willing shoulder to consol what i believed to be a weeping woman undergoing great distress, distress that i could understand having dealt with it in my own life. Then shadowbox "Exposed" him, and he came clean to us, expressing remorse and guilt at fooling those on the respite whome he had developed a relationship with.

Despite all this, despite all the mental trauma, despite all the stress, despite repeatedly calling me and my beliefs foolish, i forgave him. I forgave him, and now i've moved on.

So if i've moved on, why do i post this you might ask? Well, believe it or not, because i don't really care about alice, who isn't real anyways, anymore. What i do care about is the bad light you've all decided to cast on me and my fellow roleplayers for believing in the farce. We are not dumb, stupid, or ignorant. She tried to shovel a year and a half of preparation and deceit on you guys in one week. Aren't you proud of yourselves for noticing? It wasn't like that for us. The pictures of the young girl on vacation, holding up that piece of paper to prove herself, the HOURS of conversation across IM ALWAYS keeping the facts straight despite my own training in the field of psychology attempting to trick her into a slip up, the sheer dedication to this role play to the point of even holding a relationship with one of our members for a while shows just how good of con this was.

We where not foolish. We are not stupid. We where deceived by an amazing con that i begrudgingly admit i respect for it's impressiveness. By the time we where told of the "Rape" and the institutionalization, we where already at the point of trusting a friend who told us that she was allowed on, that she couldn't explain certain things, so we did what friends do, we trusted.

So i repeat. We are not stupid. Just because we are role players does not mean that we are somehow out of touch with the real world and unable to handle real life. It just means that we where trusting and caring to someone who begged us for help who was our friend.

And that's my 2 cents... oh, and BTW? Dresden Dolls rock. Woot for "Coin Operated boy" The Unofficial theme song of the artificer!

The Angel Raliel

• ...looked the other way when a third of them fell
  • ...devourer of scones
    • Raliel Art
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2009, 02:58:29 PM »

I do not think anyone was casting you lot in a bad light..... except for when people who went on to your forum were abused or had accounts deleted for pointing out that fergus was being less than honest with you all..... rest assured that we are trying to put this incident behind us and think no less of you for beiving his tall tales
One should always be a little improbable.

@raliel

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2009, 03:04:52 PM »

So i repeat. We are not stupid. Just because we are role players does not mean that we are somehow out of touch with the real world and unable to handle real life. It just means that we where trusting and caring to someone who begged us for help who was our friend.

I could have sworn I read a post on your forum by someone calling theshadowbox users something to the effect of emotionally unstable for those very reasons; trusting and caring.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

BaronLaCroix

• A Walking Warning Sign
  • Ego veho vermis.
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2009, 03:11:01 PM »

Hello, This is Matthais77 From the Traveler's Respite... and i figure if anyone has a right to say something here, it's me.
Just because we are role players does not mean that we are somehow out of touch with the real world and unable to handle real life.
I hope not, I've got a game to play tonight!

Although I'm usually called out of touch, so I suppose I'm not the best judge here.
Death before decaf.
Cocktails before noon.
There's no such thing as a natural death when the Circus is in town.
Baron's not a dick.

Matthais777

« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2009, 03:34:12 PM »

I do not think anyone was casting you lot in a bad light..... except for when people who went on to your forum were abused or had accounts deleted for pointing out that fergus was being less than honest with you all..... rest assured that we are trying to put this incident behind us and think no less of you for beiving his tall tales

Again, the rest of our administrators apologize for that little misunderstanding, it was not aimed at shadowbox users, but at a user who is a repeated troll of our website and a all around jerk. Since he posted at nearly the same time, we had assumed it was another one of his ploys to upset us or to make us feel like shit... we ban him everytime he makes a new account, so we just assumed it was him causing trouble and banned the others as well. The abuse was directed at him as well, and we apologize for that... you tend to get irate at a guy who calls you a pedophile and then uses word lawyering and semantics arguments to say he never did and that your just calling yourself a pedophile. :embarassed:If you'd like, you can take this as a formal apology from the Respite admins for the banning of those who didn't deserve it, and a formal invite back if you so wish, as well as a formal invite to anyone else.

Matthais777

« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2009, 03:35:38 PM »

I could have sworn I read a post on your forum by someone calling theshadowbox users something to the effect of emotionally unstable for those very reasons; trusting and caring.

Wasn't by me, (Probably Wight or something) or it could have been a user just lashing out at whoever they could cause they where upset or something. I certainly don't remember it.

Wight Chocolate

« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2009, 03:41:13 PM »

Wasn't by me, (Probably Wight or something) or it could have been a user just lashing out at whoever they could cause they where upset or something. I certainly don't remember it.

Hey. I didn't speak one ill word towards a single member of this forum, thank you very much.

Good lord, I've practically got my own little smear campaign going on here. I feel like a politician.

Don't mind me, folks. Just a (mostly) passive observer.

Kovacs

« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2009, 03:53:47 PM »

Fergus tricked me. He tricked me for almost 1 year and nearly 7 months. In this time, he concocted a elaborate ruse, first explaining that he was not a girl, he was a guy (We originally assumed him to be a girl), then saying that yes, he was a girl but had claimed not to be so as not to raise the ire of a female member of the site whom he was RPing with (Yes, this girl is a girl, know her personally). He then proceeded to post some rather convincing pictures, which i have yet to figure out how he faked... all i can figure is that there is some girl he knows personally who was a accomplice. This girl took a photo of herself with a list of character names on a sheet of paper she held, (in a bathroom mirror, the words being reversed in the mirror) these characters all being Fergus's RPs. For the next year or so i was suprised, but assumed this to be the truth. After all, logic seemed to be on his side. When he started making outragous claims, i did what i always did. I tried to help. I was a willing shoulder to consol what i believed to be a weeping woman undergoing great distress, distress that i could understand having dealt with it in my own life. Then shadowbox "Exposed" him, and he came clean to us, expressing remorse and guilt at fooling those on the respite whome he had developed a relationship with.

Despite all this, despite all the mental trauma, despite all the stress, despite repeatedly calling me and my beliefs foolish, i forgave him. I forgave him, and now i've moved on.

So if i've moved on, why do i post this you might ask? Well, believe it or not, because i don't really care about alice, who isn't real anyways, anymore. What i do care about is the bad light you've all decided to cast on me and my fellow roleplayers for believing in the farce. We are not dumb, stupid, or ignorant. She tried to shovel a year and a half of preparation and deceit on you guys in one week. Aren't you proud of yourselves for noticing? It wasn't like that for us. The pictures of the young girl on vacation, holding up that piece of paper to prove herself, the HOURS of conversation across IM ALWAYS keeping the facts straight despite my own training in the field of psychology attempting to trick her into a slip up, the sheer dedication to this role play to the point of even holding a relationship with one of our members for a while shows just how good of con this was.

We where not foolish. We are not stupid. We where deceived by an amazing con that i begrudgingly admit i respect for it's impressiveness. By the time we where told of the "Rape" and the institutionalization, we where already at the point of trusting a friend who told us that she was allowed on, that she couldn't explain certain things, so we did what friends do, we trusted.

And that's my 2 cents... oh, and BTW? Dresden Dolls rock. Woot for "Coin Operated boy" The Unofficial theme song of the artificer!

Hi.

Coming from someone who hasn't read outside these boards, this post makes no sense. There has been (on the whole) no disparaging of you here, other than a couple relatively harmless posts in the beginning of this thread. After checking out some of the links, I see why you're upset, but you're blurring boundaries. This post is out of place.

So...deal with the drama on your own board. I don't see the point of all these accusations against this board, other then to stir up more drama.

And:

Good lord, I've practically got my own little smear campaign going on here. I feel like a politician.

This is what I mean. Smear campaign? You mean one post by someone from your own board?

I don't see the point. I wish you all the best in the mental/emotional recovery from Alyss' deception, but theres no need to bring your drama here. Please.  :)

Wight Chocolate

« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2009, 03:58:30 PM »

This is what I mean. Smear campaign? You mean one post by someone from your own board?

I don't see the point. I wish you all the best in the mental/emotional recovery from Alyss' deception, but theres no need to bring your drama here. Please.  :)

...oh dear. Obviously I've misrepresented myself.

Firstly, it's not "my" board. Not by a long shot. I've only visited the place twice since it was created about two years ago, and both of my appearances were very brief. The Alyss issue hasn't affected me in the slightest.

Secondly, the "smear campaign" comment was a purely lighthearted remark, although if you'd seen how much they love to vilify me over there, you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it nevertheless.

As I said, I'm mostly just here to observe. I have no intention of stirring up any trouble, so don't think of my presence as cause for concern.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2009, 04:01:32 PM »

Quote from: Mathais
Just because we are role players does not mean that we are somehow out of touch with the real world and unable to handle real life.

*blinks* Ummm...but actually...most roleplayers are just that.  Escapists.  Most of them start as a form of escapism, and then they either realize how dumb that is, and go back to real life, or they get stuck.  I'd say Alyss shouldn't matter all that much to your board, because unless she was the "hero" of the board, then who cares?  I also think it's pretty interesting that a roleplay board had what could almost be called a roleplaying character fooling them the whole time.

Unless...sorry Mathais, but...you just don't seem convincing to me.  o_O

I'm not calling you Alyss, but I'm also not getting the sincere aspect of your either.

Edit:  Wtf, there's another one?  *blinks*  You both sound like a couple of puppets.

hateandjealousy

• cow punk.
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2009, 04:11:56 PM »

I this fake identity shit is making my braid hurt. plus now I feel stupid for believing Alyss at first (I'm normally very paranoid and good pointing out lyres) 
I've got torn up knees and calloused fingertips,
broken vocal chords and busted lips.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2009, 04:20:44 PM »

this fake identity shit is making my braid hurt.

I am now picturing you with a painful hairstyle... ;D

Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Wight Chocolate

« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2009, 04:23:01 PM »

Oh god, I think they think we're Alyss as well.

This is going to get interesting.

hateandjealousy

• cow punk.
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2009, 04:26:58 PM »

I'm not Alyss. just so we're clear. I was hear before her/him.
I've got torn up knees and calloused fingertips,
broken vocal chords and busted lips.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 24  All   Go Up