THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: World gets its first gay leader  (Read 1880 times)

BaronLaCroix

• A Walking Warning Sign
  • Ego veho vermis.
World gets its first gay leader
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »

Read more here.

FTA:
Johanna Sigurdardottir, a former air hostess, is expected to be sworn in as Iceland's Prime Minister by the end of the week.
The 66-year-old politician lives with her partner, Jonina Leosdottir, a journalist and playwright. The couple were joined in a civil ceremony in 2002.
"Johanna is a very private person," said an Icelandic government source. "A lot of people didn't even know she was gay. When they learn about it people tend to shrug and say, 'Oh'. That's not to say they are not interested; they are interested in who she's living with – but no more so than if she was a man living with a woman."

---
Me talking now:
How sad is it that such famous firsts as a really rather tan president of the US and the first openly queer Prime Minister ever are coming to power in times of misfortune, mistrust and economic strife?
Death before decaf.
Cocktails before noon.
There's no such thing as a natural death when the Circus is in town.
Baron's not a dick.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
Re: World gets its first gay leader
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:13:20 PM »

Read more here.

FTA:
Johanna Sigurdardottir, a former air hostess, is expected to be sworn in as Iceland's Prime Minister by the end of the week.
The 66-year-old politician lives with her partner, Jonina Leosdottir, a journalist and playwright. The couple were joined in a civil ceremony in 2002.
"Johanna is a very private person," said an Icelandic government source. "A lot of people didn't even know she was gay. When they learn about it people tend to shrug and say, 'Oh'. That's not to say they are not interested; they are interested in who she's living with – but no more so than if she was a man living with a woman."

---
Me talking now:
How sad is it that such famous firsts as a really rather tan president of the US and the first openly queer Prime Minister ever are coming to power in times of misfortune, mistrust and economic strife?

Really rather tan?  No, he's Black.

And I'm glad.  Now maybe somebody can make sense of shit, and get things back on track.

BaronLaCroix

• A Walking Warning Sign
  • Ego veho vermis.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:17:38 PM »

Really rather tan?  No, he's Black.
Meant it as a bit of a joke.
Death before decaf.
Cocktails before noon.
There's no such thing as a natural death when the Circus is in town.
Baron's not a dick.

tonic pancake.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 06:21:58 PM »

Me talking now:

things are shitty, yes.  but these are both monumental firsts, and really, the economy doesn't come close to effecting my ability to sit back and think, "wow!"  these are exciting times to live in, that's for sure.

Alyss

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »

They were talking about this on the News Quiz yesterday. The worry is that the right-wing politicians will emerge after the world's gone to shit totally and say "There, see what happens when you let them run things?"

renegadeoptician

• Laser Haiku Surgery
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »

They were talking about this on the News Quiz yesterday. The worry is that the right-wing politicians will emerge after the world's gone to shit totally and say "There, see what happens when you let them run things?"

The World Ecomomy
Has Got to Complete Shit
Because of the Right Wing

They have Personally
Driven Their Opinion Into
Uselessness Now

The King is Dead
Long Live the King
I Say
Rules not Meant
To be Bent
Must be Broken

ratsforcandy

• FbFb
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 10:58:22 PM »

The World Ecomomy
Has Got to Complete Shit
Because of the Right Wing

They have Personally
Driven Their Opinion Into
Uselessness Now

The King is Dead
Long Live the King
I Say

OMG, but they elected their first black chairman =O

Kidding, I guess that's a step forward, but I'm not that impressed. But we'll see XD I still see Limbaugh and Palin as the face of the republican party.

Alyss

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »

Urgh, Palin...the woman's comedy gold, but a threat to all life on earth at the same time.

Chay

• now get off my side of the state...
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 01:01:57 AM »

Urgh, Palin...the woman's comedy gold, but a threat to all life on earth at the same time.

yeah. i'll second that.
"Or maybe she's already dead and maybe she's gone to Mars
Maybe we could even write her epitaph in the stars" - Marcy Playground

Bloggage:
http://chaynicoleb8908.tumblr.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up