THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...  (Read 15987 times)

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:17:44 PM »

I constantly find myself with stories of shit that has happened to me to ruin my day, but then directly after something happens to redeem it. Or, on the contrary, I have what I think is a good day and then something goes wrong with that experience to make it a bad one.

Making the stories not quite appropriate for the Shit that ruined your day or Shit that made your day threads.

So exists this thread.

Post your "Bad day but Good thing", or "Good day but Bad thing" - stories here.

I received an email earlier this evening claiming that a library book was recalled from me. I was like "WTF? I returned all my library books at the end of the Fall semester before I left for break." I logged into the library's website and saw that the book was still checked out to me. I FRANTICALLY searched my room and found the book. Well shit, it's overdue.

THANK GOODNESS I renewed it the first week of December (so the due date would be after break on the 26th of January) - I work at the library and I didn't need that much time but I just thought that I might as well do that. I ran down to campus to the library - in the cold, cold snow - to return the book and to find out what the fines were. I explained what happened and said to the clerk, "With my luck, I bet today is the day after the grace period." - since I work there I know, though most people don't, that there is a 3 day grace period where you can return a book and not be fined, but if you return i ton the 4th day, you get fined for all 4 days. She said, "Don't worry about it, this is one of the advantages that you have..."

SCORE! Because the clerk on duty knows me (I worked w/ her last semester) she removed the fine. It would have been something like $0.40 but I never return shit late, so I'm pleased. And I had 2 minutes to go from the library to the bus stop to make the 5:00pm shuttle bus back up to my apartment. The bus was a few minutes late. Which meant that I didn't miss it  :)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

Re: Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:26:27 PM »

I had my trig midyear today, and my day was ruined as I struggled to answer all of the problems; there is not a single one I felt confident about.

I felt better knowing mostly everyone else felt the same.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Emilly

• will eat most things for money.
  • Dink.
    • I am a twit.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 06:47:08 PM »

My gym has shut down for a month, so I'm either going to have to work out outside in front of people, which I don't like, or run up and down the stairs a lot. Ugh.

BUT my sister just asked me, 'Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?' which I'm still laughing about  :)
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

IKilledAFP

• reBELLYoZ Melbourne 2009
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:56:22 AM »

I spent my weekend worrying about family trapped in the massive bushfires here in Australia. Couldn't get in touch with them for a day.

UNTIL...

they called.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:59:33 PM »

I thought I would never post in this thread but while a big part of this day was crappy & shitty Kovacs managed to transform it & make it a better day, thanks dude, I only hope nothing happen bad happens in the minutes that are still to come from this day.

Emilly

• will eat most things for money.
  • Dink.
    • I am a twit.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 01:24:14 PM »

I had the anti-cancer jab today and now my arm feels like it's dead.

But later there will be pie and pancakes, so all is good with the world :D
(Not American pancakes though, which today I learned are PROPER pancakes. Just wussy English ones)
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:30:53 PM »

I had the anti-cancer jab today and now my arm feels like it's dead.

But later there will be pie and pancakes, so all is good with the world :D
(Not American pancakes though, which today I learned are PROPER pancakes. Just wussy English ones)

You guys make everything so complicated.  :knuppel2:

old news

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »

Aaah, British English and American English. I got to really know that confusion through working in a German school helping German teenagers with their English. English pancakes are more like crepes. I miss crepes, warm and dripping with Nutella...

In my case, the careers evening was getting me really down because the future is so so scary and uncertain and there weren't any writers or journalists for me to chat with. But they had a free buffet, and a few glasses of red wine and a number of olives made things seem better. For the time being anyhow. It was good wine.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »

This happened Monday: I was crushed to find out U2 wouldn't be coming to Detroit this year...until I realized that that meant I have a few hundred  dollars (that won't be spent on tickets) to play with.  :glasses9:

#@!

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:07 PM »

I'm broke, and I was left with children who refuse to wash dishes because they claim they can't reach the sink....UNTIL

...I threw everything out of a huge tub in the living room, which broke shit, scared them absolutely to death, and made them too scared to do anything besides wash dishes.  I now have dish-washing kids.

I'm going to have a helluva time explaining the broken shit in the living room to my roommate when she returns.  xD

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »

I now have dish-washing kids.

This is the important part.  8) :headbang:

#@!

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »

I'm broke, and I was left with children who refuse to wash dishes because they claim they can't reach the sink....UNTIL

...I threw everything out of a huge tub in the living room, which broke shit, scared them absolutely to death, and made them too scared to do anything besides wash dishes.  I now have dish-washing kids.

I'm going to have a helluva time explaining the broken shit in the living room to my roommate when she returns.  xD

Maybe I should try this......Caddy you would make a badass Supernanny!
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

old news

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »

Caddy Poppins?  :o

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 11:12:59 PM »

"They were helping with the dishes, and they had to reeeeach to get to the sink,
and a couple of the slippery, soapy dishes slipped...  oops."
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 05:51:47 AM »

I quit the band, and my housemate annex cellist of the band had been crying at her boyfriend's place, and I felt really bad about it, and was afraid she would be ignoring me or be mad and upset about it. Yesterday she was really cuddly and then asked if we could still play together. Which just made me feel so good. Also because she has a brand-new boyfriend and I was afraid she would stop hugging me or stroking my hair :P .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All   Go Up