THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...  (Read 15110 times)

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:17:44 PM »

I constantly find myself with stories of shit that has happened to me to ruin my day, but then directly after something happens to redeem it. Or, on the contrary, I have what I think is a good day and then something goes wrong with that experience to make it a bad one.

Making the stories not quite appropriate for the Shit that ruined your day or Shit that made your day threads.

So exists this thread.

Post your "Bad day but Good thing", or "Good day but Bad thing" - stories here.

I received an email earlier this evening claiming that a library book was recalled from me. I was like "WTF? I returned all my library books at the end of the Fall semester before I left for break." I logged into the library's website and saw that the book was still checked out to me. I FRANTICALLY searched my room and found the book. Well shit, it's overdue.

THANK GOODNESS I renewed it the first week of December (so the due date would be after break on the 26th of January) - I work at the library and I didn't need that much time but I just thought that I might as well do that. I ran down to campus to the library - in the cold, cold snow - to return the book and to find out what the fines were. I explained what happened and said to the clerk, "With my luck, I bet today is the day after the grace period." - since I work there I know, though most people don't, that there is a 3 day grace period where you can return a book and not be fined, but if you return i ton the 4th day, you get fined for all 4 days. She said, "Don't worry about it, this is one of the advantages that you have..."

SCORE! Because the clerk on duty knows me (I worked w/ her last semester) she removed the fine. It would have been something like $0.40 but I never return shit late, so I'm pleased. And I had 2 minutes to go from the library to the bus stop to make the 5:00pm shuttle bus back up to my apartment. The bus was a few minutes late. Which meant that I didn't miss it  :)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

BATTEREDxBRIDExLUVR!

Re: Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:26:27 PM »

I had my trig midyear today, and my day was ruined as I struggled to answer all of the problems; there is not a single one I felt confident about.

I felt better knowing mostly everyone else felt the same.
I do not want to live to archive my own life.
I see it everywhere around me, especially with the popularity of web diaries, forums, and cell phones that take pictures.
I do not want to fall into the subtle trap of truly believing I Blog Therefore I Am.
amanda, 2005-04-15

Emilly

• will eat most things for money.
  • Dink.
    • I am a twit.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 06:47:08 PM »

My gym has shut down for a month, so I'm either going to have to work out outside in front of people, which I don't like, or run up and down the stairs a lot. Ugh.

BUT my sister just asked me, 'Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool opotamus?' which I'm still laughing about  :)
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

IKilledAFP

• reBELLYoZ Melbourne 2009
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:56:22 AM »

I spent my weekend worrying about family trapped in the massive bushfires here in Australia. Couldn't get in touch with them for a day.

UNTIL...

they called.

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:59:33 PM »

I thought I would never post in this thread but while a big part of this day was crappy & shitty Kovacs managed to transform it & make it a better day, thanks dude, I only hope nothing happen bad happens in the minutes that are still to come from this day.

Emilly

• will eat most things for money.
  • Dink.
    • I am a twit.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 01:24:14 PM »

I had the anti-cancer jab today and now my arm feels like it's dead.

But later there will be pie and pancakes, so all is good with the world :D
(Not American pancakes though, which today I learned are PROPER pancakes. Just wussy English ones)
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:30:53 PM »

I had the anti-cancer jab today and now my arm feels like it's dead.

But later there will be pie and pancakes, so all is good with the world :D
(Not American pancakes though, which today I learned are PROPER pancakes. Just wussy English ones)

You guys make everything so complicated.  :knuppel2:

old news

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 04:38:13 PM »

Aaah, British English and American English. I got to really know that confusion through working in a German school helping German teenagers with their English. English pancakes are more like crepes. I miss crepes, warm and dripping with Nutella...

In my case, the careers evening was getting me really down because the future is so so scary and uncertain and there weren't any writers or journalists for me to chat with. But they had a free buffet, and a few glasses of red wine and a number of olives made things seem better. For the time being anyhow. It was good wine.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »

This happened Monday: I was crushed to find out U2 wouldn't be coming to Detroit this year...until I realized that that meant I have a few hundred  dollars (that won't be spent on tickets) to play with.  :glasses9:

#@!

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:07 PM »

I'm broke, and I was left with children who refuse to wash dishes because they claim they can't reach the sink....UNTIL

...I threw everything out of a huge tub in the living room, which broke shit, scared them absolutely to death, and made them too scared to do anything besides wash dishes.  I now have dish-washing kids.

I'm going to have a helluva time explaining the broken shit in the living room to my roommate when she returns.  xD

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »

I now have dish-washing kids.

This is the important part.  8) :headbang:

#@!

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »

I'm broke, and I was left with children who refuse to wash dishes because they claim they can't reach the sink....UNTIL

...I threw everything out of a huge tub in the living room, which broke shit, scared them absolutely to death, and made them too scared to do anything besides wash dishes.  I now have dish-washing kids.

I'm going to have a helluva time explaining the broken shit in the living room to my roommate when she returns.  xD

Maybe I should try this......Caddy you would make a badass Supernanny!
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

old news

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »

Caddy Poppins?  :o

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 11:12:59 PM »

"They were helping with the dishes, and they had to reeeeach to get to the sink,
and a couple of the slippery, soapy dishes slipped...  oops."
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 05:51:47 AM »

I quit the band, and my housemate annex cellist of the band had been crying at her boyfriend's place, and I felt really bad about it, and was afraid she would be ignoring me or be mad and upset about it. Yesterday she was really cuddly and then asked if we could still play together. Which just made me feel so good. Also because she has a brand-new boyfriend and I was afraid she would stop hugging me or stroking my hair :P .

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 09:22:21 AM »

I was at school being all worked up because of my first class and the teacher, i REALLY REALLY REALLY hate them with a burning passion, he's a misogynistic pig, and i just want to hit him in the face.. this ruined my day UNTIL the teacher of my last class came in saying that the class was canceled, which meant i could go home, because i didn't have to be at school for the other 2 classes, seeing that my work is basically done.

so i was all being happy about it and sitting on the train back home, which made my day UNTIL i realised i forgot my laptop charger at school, meaning that i would go back, otherwise it would've probably been stolen by tomorrow

this ruined my day UNTIL i saw my crush walking up to school while i was sitting on the bus to school, so i rushed into the building, upstairs, rushed back downstairs and walked into my crush, kind of on purpose, and we talked a little and it was nice.

*wanders off to the gush about your crush thread*
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
  • We have got to take cover, brother.
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 03:58:53 PM »

I learned that we have our monthly AP US History Movie Night tonight...The movies are usually decent, just not exactly what I'd want to spend my evening (much less a Monday evening) doing.

Then I learned that we were watching Iron-Jawed Angels tonight! I saw the first few minutes of it before, and it looks really good.

Half Mar

• steals flamingos and gnomes.
  • Cake Sex Riot
    • Drumssss!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »

Starting class at 11 am made my day, until I was at the classroom, and there was no one. I texted a classmate and he called me dumb for not knowing that today also was an easter project. Then it got better, cause we had to draw what easter means to us. Only thing I could think of was a bunny, so I drawed that. In my opinion it wasn't that bad (even my mom liked it, that says a lot). I showed my it to the teacher, and he said I got it wrong and the project wasn't about this. He didn't even say one positive thing about my cute bunny. Which sucked. I'm sorry that I don't have anything with easter. Then we could go home, which was good, 'cause it was very early. But I hate buses, and if I had to go with the bus I had to wait for ages. So I called home and my dad said he could pick me up since he wasn't that far from my school. Then our car broke down halfway home. So we had to wait for a dude to get the car away and give us a ride home. When I got home and opened my mail a friend send me a funny photo from last weekend. So that was all good.

And this was uniterresting. Carry on.
Quote from: Audrey
she's captain of the awesome ship
Quote from: Lucy
if you had a giant spoon you could scoop up an evil person with that spoon and feed them to a giant for breakfast -like a good hearty bowl of evil
Quote from: Chloe
my flatmates can suck on my meat loaf

buttercup.

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 01:23:49 PM »

So we're so broke I can't go to Gogol Bordello. I have a friend who is ticketless, but it's a day before the show, HOW DO I SEND IT TO HIM?! Awful.
And you know I would've been able to go if our truck hadn't gotten stuck in mud yesterday.
But then my mom was feeling guilty and told me to look up what they were doing next month.
"Germany" I responded sarcastically.
"Well you don't have a passport." She responded, seriously.
I quirked an eyebrow, well as much as I can, and then said "Well they'll be in New York late December."

AND THEN SHE TOLD ME I SHOULD GO VISIT HAYLEY, SEE GOGOL BORDELLO, AND MAYBE GET NOSEBLEED SEATS FOR AMANDA PALMER.
and now my day is SO TOTALLY MADE.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »

AND THEN SHE TOLD ME I SHOULD GO VISIT HAYLEY, SEE GOGOL BORDELLO, AND MAYBE GET NOSEBLEED SEATS FOR AMANDA PALMER.
For real, did your mom really mention me? haha. That's so rad. SO RAD!

You can overnight the ticket to your friend but that's expensive... if you're near the venue you can drop the ticket off at will call and leave a name. If you're not near the venue (probably not cause of the truck) see if your friend can pick the ticket up?
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

buttercup.

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »

For real, did your mom really mention me? haha. That's so rad. SO RAD!

You can overnight the ticket to your friend but that's expensive... if you're near the venue you can drop the ticket off at will call and leave a name. If you're not near the venue (probably not cause of the truck) see if your friend can pick the ticket up?
My mom LOVES YOU.

And I'm about six hours away from the venue AND my friend. *grumpy*

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »

My iPod is dead. (RIP). ...but! My sister got me ...But I'm a Cheerleader for my birthday! I was completely (& pleasantly) surprised.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 07:36:54 PM »

I was getting super duper pissed with facebook and the internet in general until my friend messaged me just now asking if I wanted to go to a BRAND NEW concert. Oh my god, yes!
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Sindri

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 09:48:02 PM »

I'm taking geometry honors this year, and my teacher is horrible. She teaches DIRECTLY from the textbook, but somehow she manages to do it in a way that makes no sense, is impossible to follow, and then she doesn't answer our questions. I always have a lot of questions because I can't figure out what she's talking about (and neither can anyone else, I'm just the only one with the guts to ask) and she gets mad.
Today, she was explaining a problem I didn't get (I didn't ask though; she was explaining it because nobody was volunteering an answer). I still didn't get it, but rather than interrupt her, I was going to wait until she was done explaining. Then, I remember the past times I'd asked for help and decided to just read the textbook later one for help. However, after she finished explaining she called me out in front of EVERYONE and was like "Do you understand it, Blake?"
I shrugged, and she got all mad and gave me an attitude and said "Well where did I lose you?"
I answered with "When you started talking."
She glared at me, and went silent. I thought she was going to kick me out of the class, but she just went on explaining in the exact same way again. Finally, another girl in my class raised her hand and explained it in a completely different and simpler way and I understood perfectly. And the teacher got MAD at her. When I'm really mad, I have a tendency of crying (which sucks, I can totally picture myself in a massive fist fight bawling my eyes out), and I was mad so it was my natural reaction. And she started glaring at me.
Thankfully, class ended, but my next period teacher noticed me crying and somehow the gifted class teacher found out and called me to the office. She asked what was wrong so I told her, and she said she HATES the geometry teacher and one year had so many problems with her, the principal had to get involved. She told me that a ton of other gifted kids have problems with her because she likes feeling superior and she knows that we don't put up with shit like other kids might. So the geo. teacher apparently feels intimidated by us. And she told me that if I really want to annoy her and get back at her, I should ask TONS of questions, even if I understand what she's teaching. And she said that she's going to get a bunch of the geometry kids together and we can all teach ourselves, and she can help us and get one of the office aids who is qualified to teach math to help us. And she also basically said she can bitch the geo. teacher out if I want since the geometry teacher already hates her.
She basically made my year right then x]

stallionbreaker

• whose real name is Anna
  • Après moi le deluge
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 10:14:28 AM »

Totally overdrew my account (curse you people who hold onto checks for a month before cashing them and then cash them the day before payday), BUT THEN I got paid today, so it's not soooo bad.
you're obviously not gonna die,
so why not take your chances and try?

24hourchemist

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 02:02:06 PM »

Well in social education at school today we had to do the whole "pair off and pretend to be a married couple and calculate your income to see if you could afford a child" shit. Well my friend asked if we could be a lesbian couple and our teacher said "Although lesbians do exist, they are a minority so no you can't."

I mean wtf, for a start was there a doubt about the existance of lesbians...they're not fucking leprechauns! And mainly, since when is it ok to ignore minority groups especially in a subject like soc ed where they should be teaching tolerence etc. I would have argued more, but I wasn't about to come out to the whole class.

but THEN i got home and uploaded the update of my dress up game and Amanda RTd it on twitter! So my ruined day has TOTALLY been made!  :love5:

jtaylor

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 02:54:32 PM »

I finished my paper and went to turn it in online, with a few minutes left before it was due, since this is how I work, and it wouldn't upload.
I got it to work at the last possible moment.
I am in a state of shock.
I also emailed the paper to the professor so I should be alright regardless.
So my day was only ruined for a few minutes but still.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 07:17:18 PM »

I finished my paper and went to turn it in online, with a few minutes left before it was due, since this is how I work, and it wouldn't upload.

this is why i don't leave academic things til the last minute.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

The Epigrammic Poultry

• Fast and bulbous.
  • "Fuck it. Life is short. Create hard."
    • My Bandcamp
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 07:20:20 PM »

Ooooo, well aren't you great?

Only joking :P

I am THE MASTER of last minute project-finishing
Quote from: Captain Awkward
Anyway, you're just walking around with these teeth in your vagina and you think it's normal cos like, who do you ask about that shit? Then, one day you go to have sex with someone & they're all "WHY DOES YOUR VAGINA HAVE A TOOTH IN IT?" That'd be damn awkward.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 11:27:55 PM »

Ooooo, well aren't you great?

Only joking :P

I am THE MASTER of last minute project-finishing

Samesies. I managed to write a 5000-word essay the day before it was due on a book I didn't read and scored an 85% on it. Boo-ya!

Today, I missed two busses and was running late for my all-day rehearsal. I got to school 20 minutes after the rehearsal had started. I quickly put on my costumes and ran to the auditorium. My friend said she'd wait for me after rehearsal because she wanted to come over to my house. I was released from rehearsal very early and I figured my friend was still in class so I waited. I even texted her to make sure she was in class and not roaming around the school. About a half hour later she texts me and says she's at home working on her homework..... Ugh. I was so pissed at her. When I asked why she didn't text me to say she was leaving, she replied, "Aren't u still in ur rehearsal? I left cuz I need to catch up on hmwk." what the fuck? that's not the point. Mind you, I really had to use the bathroom (#2) and was not willing to use the dirty washrooms at my school. Seriously, maybe if my school was funded and we got decent washrooms that didn't look like a back alley abortion clinic, then I'd take craps at school, but I am not risking getting a disease from the toilets.

Anyway, as I was walking to the bus stop I missed a bus. Then another one drove by but it was out of service. One arrived eventually and the asshole driver asked for student ID. I figured, okay, I'm wearing dress shoes, and not some sort of sneaker, he thinks I'm not a legit student. But no, because at every fucking stop we went to he asked for the student IDs. Even the bus stops INFRONT of the highschool.... He stopped at a Catholic school and the kids getting on the bus were wearing school uniforms, hmm there must be an adult posing as a student, so just to be sure, I'll ask everyone to get out their student IDs. Yes... all TWENTY of them. One by one.

I got home and ate Chinese take out and had a nice nap. I woke up happy and watched The Office.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

FrailAndBedazzled

• Eyesight to the Blind
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 10:50:26 AM »

Epic crying emotional breakdown last night.  Like, so much crying that today, my body hurts.  And then I get online and see that one of my best friends ever is finally back from her semester abroad in London. 
I did a happy dance that made me look like a ferret.
Quote from: Fear And Loathing
I'll change my name to Mavis Diles when I'm 70, smoke cigarettes with a really long holder, and play a giant pipe organ in my backyard.

If you did it, say you did it
If you didn't, suck it up and say you did

Chloe

• Cosmic Dancer.
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 11:56:50 AM »

I love this thread!
Just because your mom slept with her doesn't make her a lesbian.

Sindri

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 04:59:27 PM »

I was walking down the hall and some random 8th graders came over to me and asked if I was a lesbian. I was like "are...are you serious? When did it become okay to ask random people personal questions?"
And I just walked away, and they threw something at me. So I walked over and was like "Listen, you're an 8th grader. Learn to show a little bit of fucking respect if you want to make it in this school."
and then I walked over to my 8th grade teacher, because I always say hi to her. I motioned to the group and asked if they were in her homeroom. She said yes.
"I hate them."
"I hate them more. They're horrible, horrible people."
<3

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »

I was walking down the hall and some random 8th graders came over to me and asked if I was a lesbian. I was like "are...are you serious? When did it become okay to ask random people personal questions?"
And I just walked away, and they threw something at me. So I walked over and was like "Listen, you're an 8th grader. Learn to show a little bit of fucking respect if you want to make it in this school."
and then I walked over to my 8th grade teacher, because I always say hi to her. I motioned to the group and asked if they were in her homeroom. She said yes.
"I hate them."
"I hate them more. They're horrible, horrible people."
<3
That. is. awesome!

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »

realising that i have too much hours of school (34 hours/week + another 10 hours lost in transport to and from school), plus schoolwork which i have to do at home, because the time at school isn't even NEARLY enough to get all my schoolwork done. which means that i actually realised that i don't have anymore time to take care of the rats (seeing that they don't live where i live, but at my mom's, so it takes a bit to get there and back, which is too much time lost for all the schoolwork).

so i had to have the conversation with my mother, that i had to give up the ratties, and possibly bring them to the shelter (it's not a shelter that just kills the animals, it's a specific rat-shelter, they keep the rats until they find another good and loving home for them), because i want them to get the attention they need and deserve.

but THEN my mum said "no, we're not giving the ratties away!", apparently my mum and her girlfriend got really attached to them, so they're taking care of them, so i can just come visit them whenever i have some free time, but i still get to take full care of them when my mother is on vacation, etc..
Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

• Holding out for a
  • Don't be afraid of the dark ages darling...
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 07:47:16 AM »

I had to quit my job at New Years. Had an awful awful 13 hour shift during which I saw a man have a bottle smashed round his head and another guy got beaten to death (among other incidents). The shift ended with me giving my details to a police officer and being escorted out of the police-taped perimiter of the nightclub at 10am new years day and promtly ringing my girlfriend and having a panic attack while waiting for her to come meet me. Couldn't get away from there quick enough.
Had a shitty month with no money (they owe me £200!) and looking for a new job.

BUT have found a new job in a really really nice club on Brighton seafront. Went for my trial yesterday and they hired me on the spot :)
Also, I'm applying to do a year of full-time art next year. And art makes me happy, so things are good again :D
What a fucking thunder cunt thing to say.

stallionbreaker

• whose real name is Anna
  • Après moi le deluge
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 11:57:02 AM »

Orlagh! :wave:

Sorry your January was so eventful. I cannot even imagine being present for the new years you describe, but I'm glad it's looking up now. Also, you've been missed around these parts.
you're obviously not gonna die,
so why not take your chances and try?

• Holding out for a
  • Don't be afraid of the dark ages darling...
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 12:35:59 PM »

Aww, thanks Anna  :love5:
These parts and these people have been sorely missed. :)
What a fucking thunder cunt thing to say.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »

[Orlagh's New Year's]

:o

Glad you're ok.  Hope the new gig works out well.

Pliwood180

• Americana, tropicana
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »

[Orlagh's New Year's]

:o

Glad you're ok.  Hope the new gig works out well.
Yeah, sounded horrible. Awesome that everything turned right back around for the better though!  ;D

l i s a

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2010, 04:16:43 AM »

So, that psycho guy in Melton was shoplifting at the meat shop right next to my work today. I was SOO scared :-| there were helicopters looking for him. He escaped their sight, and fled to bunnings.
They saw him, he drove off in the stolen car from thursday.
they arrested him in tullamarine :D
i feel safer now

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2010, 05:04:43 AM »

I had to ring into work and lie, and I REALLY hate lying. I was so nervous, I was awake for ages last night, dreading it, and then this morning it took me ages to actually build up the courage to press "Call". I am a retard, but one that lies so little, it makes her (me?) nervous.

ANYWAY. I rang and it backfired a little, she told me that I had to ring her back to see what time a "plumber" would be there at, so I left it for an hour and rang her back and then she bought it. I hope. lol

Day made because: Lie worked and NOW IT'S TIME TO PARTYYYY lol

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2010, 02:46:06 PM »

I had to ring into work and lie, and I REALLY hate lying. I was so nervous, I was awake for ages last night, dreading it, and then this morning it took me ages to actually build up the courage to press "Call". I am a retard, but one that lies so little, it makes her (me?) nervous.

ANYWAY. I rang and it backfired a little, she told me that I had to ring her back to see what time a "plumber" would be there at, so I left it for an hour and rang her back and then she bought it. I hope. lol

Day made because: Lie worked and NOW IT'S TIME TO PARTYYYY lol
Quote from: You Know Who
>:D  Mwahahahaha!  Soon you will be MINE!!!  >:D

buttercup.

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2010, 03:28:46 PM »

I have symptoms of pseudotumor cerebri, which I would have because of being Obese.  So I have to lose weight. It was more fun when I didn't HAVE to.

But my friends from theater that I haven't seen in six-seven years are coming up from the valley and are renting a cabin and we're going to HANG OUT like it's 1999! Except not.

So it's a crappyhappy day in the neighborhood!

FrailAndBedazzled

• Eyesight to the Blind
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2010, 11:06:58 PM »

Snowed in again 'cause my campus's snow removal is nonexistent.  And upstairs the morons are blaring bad boyband music and attempting to sing/clap along and FAILING.
So I started blaring Hole, the Dolls/Amanda, the Velvet Underground, and other assorted things.
And now a bunch of folks have wandered in and we've got pretty good wine and it's nice.
Ah, and now Hole's cover of Bob Dylan's "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue".  WIN.
Quote from: Fear And Loathing
I'll change my name to Mavis Diles when I'm 70, smoke cigarettes with a really long holder, and play a giant pipe organ in my backyard.

If you did it, say you did it
If you didn't, suck it up and say you did

The King of Carrot Flowers

• 67 Indja Points
    • Surviving in a World of Stylish Peril
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 01:45:31 AM »

On Friday, I told Tom I like him. He doesn't feel the same way.

On the plus side, we finally started talking again, and I have the confidence of knowing that he loves me (insomuch as he loves one of his closest friends), and that I can love him too, albeit not in the way I would have liked.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 10:06:17 AM »

I have symptoms of pseudotumor cerebri, which I would have because of being Obese.  So I have to lose weight. It was more fun when I didn't HAVE to.

But my friends from theater that I haven't seen in six-seven years are coming up from the valley and are renting a cabin and we're going to HANG OUT like it's 1999! Except not.

So it's a crappyhappy day in the neighborhood!

Gurl, you ain't obese. What the shit? You're just a nutritional overachiever.
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

CottonCandy

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2010, 11:07:31 AM »

My mum sent me a parcel with two amazing finnish easter eggs (real egg shell filled with nougat), I was excited until I realised one of them had smashed. Although, I do suppose that means I can eat it now and don't have to wait until Easter?

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 05:30:02 AM »

Okay, so it all starts as I'm driving into uni, in rush hour traffic, and get cut off my a few people because they don't understand how to merge like a fucking zip and try to cut in front, I mean we're all in the same traffic jam just be patient. Then I get cut of by some wanker cutting lanes thinking he'll move forward faster, and he has the nerve to abuse me as if I was in the wrong (I bet you're getting the picture that I suffer from road rage).
Then this girl I'm doing part of my marketing assignment with doesn't show up for our meeting, and she has my book which, when finished, is worth 40% of my grade, and I'm missing one part because of bad scheduling with my last partner.
And then at work tonight I got so pissed at the assholes who sit around doing nothing when there's plenty of things to be done, and then when I ask them to do them they don't. I hate playing the "I'm the manager"  card, but tonight I did so much that I got even more stressed and pissed. I was so close to walking off the job today, but I need to keep it until I can find something else.
But then my friend decided that before we go clubbing tomorrow night, we're going to get totally fucked off our faces and party like there's not tomorrow!!!
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 12:32:52 PM »

A shelf on my music computer desk collapsed and threw a heavy amp modeller pedal into my amplifier. This in turn yanked my multi-plug adapter from the shelf, which threw my microphone of its stand and yanked out some cables from my computer and audiocard. I was very worried but everything seems to be working and will hopefully continue to work. Just need somewhere for the amp modeller pedal to go where it will not destroy or be destroyed. 

I very nearly considered moving my music computer to that shelf and I’m relieved I didn’t go ahead with the decision. Only problem now is that I've got even less space to put stuff.

MelKilledAFP

• girl anachronism.
    • Us People Are Just Poems
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2010, 10:59:18 AM »

going out when I really didn't feel like it.... it was awful
I felt like a crying freak.

then buying a good book.
I would trade my mind for a windmill
for a boat made of notebook paper not covered by words
(From Windmill.. an unfinished poem by me)

heartstringz

• killed Amanda Palmer
  • Long Live Punk Cabaret!
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2010, 03:45:16 AM »

Had no luck on the job-hunting front so I got really down, yet again.

Then I decided to start work modifying my t-shirt (it was too big) and ended up getting on a role and almost finishing it.  It looks really good, I'm very impressed.  I haven't used a sewing machine in a while and I've never done anything like that before, so I am very happy with how it turned out.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Martin Luther King

buttercup.

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »

I had a tough night. I took antibiotics for my rotting tooth and they KILLED my gut and gave me the spins with flashes of green when my eyes were closed.
And all morning, working on four hours of sleep, I still was getting gut cramps.

Then they went away and I worked an extra hour and a half.  O0 I'm happy about that.

overratedtoejam

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 11:06:41 PM »

what ruined my day was getting my wisdom teeth removed. i'm in horrid pain and it sucks!

what made my day was that i resolved problems with an amazing girl i met recently. i had feelings for her, and she didn't know what to do so she ended up not talking to me for a while, but now we're friends again WOOT!

MelKilledAFP

• girl anachronism.
    • Us People Are Just Poems
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »

crying. on the bus. untill friend picked me up and took me home and cooked me soup.
I would trade my mind for a windmill
for a boat made of notebook paper not covered by words
(From Windmill.. an unfinished poem by me)

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2010, 09:19:30 AM »

spam posting newbie for he 2nd day in a row

UNTIL

a mod deletes the junk and blocks the newbie
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Dr Gonzo

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 11:19:09 AM »

feeling so fucking tired and sore after a weeks work that i'm shuffling around like a 90 year old, then getting a call from a girl about a warehouse party on saturday night. made my weekend that did.
My best friend is Alan, he lives in my top pocket and he tells me to start fires.

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 09:09:46 AM »

I woke up feeling terrible and full of futility but something happened a couple of hours ago and my head just became charged with creativity. I’m actually writing lyrics for some music that I've struggled with for over a year and feel excitable for no reason. It’s a great if somewhat maniacal feeling!

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2010, 08:02:55 AM »

New girl at work fucking up the day, being slow, not listening, not correcting herself when we point out what she's doing wrong, being even slower, getting shitty, being rude to customers. Just fucking up the day generally.

BUT
I got a call back about a job, and I have an interview on Thursday.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Devery

• Tunnel-Visioneer
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »

I lost my internet connection yesterday afternoon so, after trying to reconnect many times, I closed everything up and went home, thinking that it only needed "a little rest".  Wrongo.  I spent over three hours this morning with the provider, then over to an independent tech group, then back to the provider.  I ran a crap-load of tests from this end and they did the same.  Finally, the robot called and told me that the problem had been resolved.  At least the first guy I dealt with for an hour and a half from the provider was funny (ex:  "there are three possible outcomes:  you fix it at your end, we fix it here or, three, the modem will catch on fire and burn down your business".  I opted for the last one but, alas, the choice was not mine to make, being that I was at the very whimsical mercy of the technology gods).

At least I won't have to worry about another disconnect for awhile, right?  Kind of like the Garp and plane crashing into the house thing. 
"The world is going to hell in a hand-basket, but it sure is nice up here on the hill."   A. Kujawa

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2011, 04:54:23 AM »

insomnia, until I rediscovered this old thread
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »

I was thinking about this thread just the other day but wasn't sure if it had actually existed or not.
Yay, I'm not making things up.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »

Things didn't go too well at the doctors this morning, as I may have completely different problems to what I thought I had, and now have to wait a week for results while trying not to be all worst-case-scenario melodramatic and thinking I have cancer. My boyfriend said he would be around to talk to me about it and then wasn't, which was kind of annoying. Then I got a lovely tea-stained doodle in the mail from Robin which, while it hasn't solved any of my medical/possible relationship problems, cheered me up immensely <3
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »

LOL if any of the pharmacies in our town shut on Christmas Eve, there'd be a lot of wives getting nothing for Christmas.

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2012, 11:17:47 PM »

Double post, who cares.

I had a bit of a rollercoaster day haha. Yesterday my friend said he wanted to go for coffee today, so I was all "yeah cool" but then he didn't text so I attempted to some of my essay and failed. So, no essay done, no point in getting out of bed. But then he did call, so I went for coffee with him and some friends, and after we went to their flat and watched Sherlock and played the Game of Thrones board game cos we're cool like that. So. I got home and I had a message on facebook about how L was upset, so I chatted to him and he was still in a shit mood so that sucked and then he was refusing to do his essay even though I was trying EVERYTHING to try to get him to do it. Eventually it worked, he said he'd do it and he also said some sweet things. So bad, good, bad, good. :)

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2012, 03:06:20 PM »

Yesterday was our second game for the state's rugby union championship. everything was running smoothly regarded the trip and pre match preparation, until the host team said the ambulance (something mandatory for every match) went to the wrongly field and would be late for the game. There is a clause in the championship rules that says you, the host team, will lose by w.o. if any of the safety precautions is not available at least 15 minutes before the match start scheduled time.

The team we would be facing is the second strongest in the state, with a solid line of backs and with some players playing together for 10 years, which makes a huge different, specially considering that our team has a weak line of backs because we were never able to keep up with same players for it - contrasting with our  forwards, who have been playing together for 4 years. Anyway, the game would be really tough, specially because they pĺay dirt and are hated by every other team in the state.

So, back to the w.o. stuff, if they would lose by w.o. they would be automatically put in the last position of our fixture, no matter if they would won by hundreds the next games.

What happened was that the referee, a really inexperienced one, allowed the game to be played even with the ambulance and the paramedics 45 minutes late.  We, fearing to be disqualified if not playing the match, accepted under protest to let the game to be played.

At the end, we had a few players injured, including our fly-half (number 10) being stepped  on the head by their fly-half on a ruck - execpt that this was intentional, and not an accident with him trying to hook the ball. That, of course, would have had to lead to him being spelled out. Bear that he did not was spell out [grammar nazis: was that past tense correct?], but another player (dont remember who, but a think it was someone from their pack) was - so you can see how weak the referee was.

By this time, still on the first half, we were losing by 19x0 and would lost the 1st half by 26x0 - even though we were playing quite well, not committing many knock ons or forward pass, and not making any penalty.

However, the second half we really played way better and lost by 4x3 (that is: 4 tries against 3), with our scrum-half (#9) scoring  every convention. So, it ended 24x21 (they lost 2 conventions). The game ended 50x21 - which was a quite good result, given all the problems we had faced and all the shit that happened before. Alas, their other two games before ours   was won by a huge margin, things like 110x6 and 80x10 - not sure about the margins, though. Nevertheless, we've being growing better every year - last time we managed to score on one try and lost by 70 or smth.

I also played the last 10 minutes, as an outside centre (I usally play as a scrum-half or left wing). According to everyone I played quite well - managed to do well done clearance kick that almost got into touch, but flew half of the field to the touch line, anyway. And managed to clear a  1v1 ruck (not sure if this is the right term in english, or if it is recycle, as in "recycle the ball") by my own - be in mind Im small: 1,58m.  I also did good coverage. According to team mates, to be a perfect 10 minutes it only missed a tackle.   

At last, we will be issuing a protest against the board so we can see if the match is cancelled and we get the match points and the w.o.

Cheers!  8)
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

bambiraptor

• ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - heat magazine
  • (:
    • twitter.
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »

i went out to a gay club in glasgow last night with my friend and her friends and i was the only one who didn't get hit on despite being the only gay one and idk it knocked my confidence a bit

but then i found this really awesome richard pryor tshirt for £3 in fopp so all is well

Niels

• Shadows stuffed with organs
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:51 AM »

i went out to a gay club in glasgow last night with my friend and her friends and i was the only one who didn't get hit on despite being the only gay one and idk it knocked my confidence a bit

maybe they were intimidated because you were too attractive? That is really the only reason why I wouldn't hit on you.

bambiraptor

• ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - heat magazine
  • (:
    • twitter.
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2012, 03:53:41 PM »

aww you make a lady blush sir

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »

Bumping.

I recently got accepted to the Special Constabulary but before I start training I have to get a medical and stuff done, and I needed to get forms signed and stamped by both my doctor and optician. I left the form in the doctor's three weeks ago and I collected it today. When I went in first, I was told it would be £15, and then I was told it went up to £16. When I went in today, I was told it was in fact £33. I was about to cry cos it took me those three weeks to save up the £16 I needed to pay so I freaked out. She served other people while I gathered my thoughts; I asked her if I was able to pay it in parts and she said she would speak to the doctor who then agreed to let me have it for £16! So that was lucky. THEN I went to the opticians and they told me to come back in 20 minutes and I did but then they made me wait half an hour while they served someone else so that was annoying cos it literally took 5 minutes for them to fill it out. But. All was not lost cos I finally got it done and my lovely boyfriend brought me food when he came home from work <3

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »

Bumping.

I recently got accepted to the Special Constabulary but before I start training I have to get a medical and stuff done, and I needed to get forms signed and stamped by both my doctor and optician. I left the form in the doctor's three weeks ago and I collected it today. When I went in first, I was told it would be £15, and then I was told it went up to £16. When I went in today, I was told it was in fact £33. I was about to cry cos it took me those three weeks to save up the £16 I needed to pay so I freaked out. She served other people while I gathered my thoughts; I asked her if I was able to pay it in parts and she said she would speak to the doctor who then agreed to let me have it for £16! So that was lucky. THEN I went to the opticians and they told me to come back in 20 minutes and I did but then they made me wait half an hour while they served someone else so that was annoying cos it literally took 5 minutes for them to fill it out.  So I took out my constable's sidearm and shot every m----f------ in the office...<3
Fixed.

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »

Bumping.

I recently got accepted to the Special Constabulary but before I start training I have to get a medical and stuff done, and I needed to get forms signed and stamped by both my doctor and optician. I left the form in the doctor's three weeks ago and I collected it today. When I went in first, I was told it would be £15, and then I was told it went up to £16. When I went in today, I was told it was in fact £33. I was about to cry cos it took me those three weeks to save up the £16 I needed to pay so I freaked out. She served other people while I gathered my thoughts; I asked her if I was able to pay it in parts and she said she would speak to the doctor who then agreed to let me have it for £16! So that was lucky. THEN I went to the opticians and they told me to come back in 20 minutes and I did but then they made me wait half an hour while they served someone else so that was annoying cos it literally took 5 minutes for them to fill it out.  So I took out my constable's sidearm and shot every m----f------ in the office...<3
Fixed.

I don't get a gun :(

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »

Bumping.

Fixed.

Do you at least get a baton/truncheon/nightstick/club with which you could batter such folk?

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »

Bumping.

Fixed.

Do you at least get a baton/truncheon/nightstick/club with which you could batter such folk?

I think so but I'm not sure. I assume I would be given something to protect myself.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2012, 02:02:54 AM »

Bumping.

Fixed.

I think so but I'm not sure. I assume I would be given something to protect myself.
Meh... I suppose swinging a club around and getting a good workout might actually
be a better release than just blasting away with a gun anyway.

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 10:47:25 AM »

Bumping.

Fixed.

Meh... I suppose swinging a club around and getting a good workout might actually

But guns look so much cooler! You're facing a guy with a knife and you're all LOOK WHAT I GOT! and the guy's like "it's a fucking stick"

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »

Bumping.

Fixed.

But guns look so much cooler! You're facing a guy with a knife and you're all LOOK WHAT I GOT! and the guy's like "it's a fucking stick"
Well obv, but in the aforementioned optician's office scenario....

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2012, 09:48:29 AM »

Bumping.

Fixed.

Well obv, but in the aforementioned optician's office scenario....

haha true I suppose :P

Anyway, my thing today: Last night I put new ink in the printer and it didn't like it so much. It started blinking red lights at me and all sorts. Which was particularly annoying because I have a bunch of stuff I need to print. I was a little annoyed but thought I'd try to fix it myself and I did! So now I have today's assignment printed and everything is ok :)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2013, 03:02:18 PM »

didn't really ruin my night, but I was a bit bummed that my older sis didn't make it to my gig last night...until I found out that she won $$$ at the casino.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]   Go Up