THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...  (Read 15109 times)

The King of Carrot Flowers

• 67 Indja Points
    • Surviving in a World of Stylish Peril
Re: Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 01:45:31 AM »

On Friday, I told Tom I like him. He doesn't feel the same way.

On the plus side, we finally started talking again, and I have the confidence of knowing that he loves me (insomuch as he loves one of his closest friends), and that I can love him too, albeit not in the way I would have liked.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 10:06:17 AM »

I have symptoms of pseudotumor cerebri, which I would have because of being Obese.  So I have to lose weight. It was more fun when I didn't HAVE to.

But my friends from theater that I haven't seen in six-seven years are coming up from the valley and are renting a cabin and we're going to HANG OUT like it's 1999! Except not.

So it's a crappyhappy day in the neighborhood!

Gurl, you ain't obese. What the shit? You're just a nutritional overachiever.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

CottonCandy

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2010, 11:07:31 AM »

My mum sent me a parcel with two amazing finnish easter eggs (real egg shell filled with nougat), I was excited until I realised one of them had smashed. Although, I do suppose that means I can eat it now and don't have to wait until Easter?

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 05:30:02 AM »

Okay, so it all starts as I'm driving into uni, in rush hour traffic, and get cut off my a few people because they don't understand how to merge like a fucking zip and try to cut in front, I mean we're all in the same traffic jam just be patient. Then I get cut of by some wanker cutting lanes thinking he'll move forward faster, and he has the nerve to abuse me as if I was in the wrong (I bet you're getting the picture that I suffer from road rage).
Then this girl I'm doing part of my marketing assignment with doesn't show up for our meeting, and she has my book which, when finished, is worth 40% of my grade, and I'm missing one part because of bad scheduling with my last partner.
And then at work tonight I got so pissed at the assholes who sit around doing nothing when there's plenty of things to be done, and then when I ask them to do them they don't. I hate playing the "I'm the manager"  card, but tonight I did so much that I got even more stressed and pissed. I was so close to walking off the job today, but I need to keep it until I can find something else.
But then my friend decided that before we go clubbing tomorrow night, we're going to get totally fucked off our faces and party like there's not tomorrow!!!
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 12:32:52 PM »

A shelf on my music computer desk collapsed and threw a heavy amp modeller pedal into my amplifier. This in turn yanked my multi-plug adapter from the shelf, which threw my microphone of its stand and yanked out some cables from my computer and audiocard. I was very worried but everything seems to be working and will hopefully continue to work. Just need somewhere for the amp modeller pedal to go where it will not destroy or be destroyed. 

I very nearly considered moving my music computer to that shelf and I’m relieved I didn’t go ahead with the decision. Only problem now is that I've got even less space to put stuff.

MelKilledAFP

• girl anachronism.
    • Us People Are Just Poems
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2010, 10:59:18 AM »

going out when I really didn't feel like it.... it was awful
I felt like a crying freak.

then buying a good book.
I would trade my mind for a windmill
for a boat made of notebook paper not covered by words
(From Windmill.. an unfinished poem by me)

heartstringz

• killed Amanda Palmer
  • Long Live Punk Cabaret!
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2010, 03:45:16 AM »

Had no luck on the job-hunting front so I got really down, yet again.

Then I decided to start work modifying my t-shirt (it was too big) and ended up getting on a role and almost finishing it.  It looks really good, I'm very impressed.  I haven't used a sewing machine in a while and I've never done anything like that before, so I am very happy with how it turned out.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Martin Luther King

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »

I had a tough night. I took antibiotics for my rotting tooth and they KILLED my gut and gave me the spins with flashes of green when my eyes were closed.
And all morning, working on four hours of sleep, I still was getting gut cramps.

Then they went away and I worked an extra hour and a half.  O0 I'm happy about that.

overratedtoejam

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 11:06:41 PM »

what ruined my day was getting my wisdom teeth removed. i'm in horrid pain and it sucks!

what made my day was that i resolved problems with an amazing girl i met recently. i had feelings for her, and she didn't know what to do so she ended up not talking to me for a while, but now we're friends again WOOT!

MelKilledAFP

• girl anachronism.
    • Us People Are Just Poems
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »

crying. on the bus. untill friend picked me up and took me home and cooked me soup.
I would trade my mind for a windmill
for a boat made of notebook paper not covered by words
(From Windmill.. an unfinished poem by me)

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2010, 09:19:30 AM »

spam posting newbie for he 2nd day in a row

UNTIL

a mod deletes the junk and blocks the newbie
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Dr Gonzo

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 11:19:09 AM »

feeling so fucking tired and sore after a weeks work that i'm shuffling around like a 90 year old, then getting a call from a girl about a warehouse party on saturday night. made my weekend that did.
My best friend is Alan, he lives in my top pocket and he tells me to start fires.

Morpheus Laughing

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 09:09:46 AM »

I woke up feeling terrible and full of futility but something happened a couple of hours ago and my head just became charged with creativity. I’m actually writing lyrics for some music that I've struggled with for over a year and feel excitable for no reason. It’s a great if somewhat maniacal feeling!

absynth aura

• Fill me with your
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2010, 08:02:55 AM »

New girl at work fucking up the day, being slow, not listening, not correcting herself when we point out what she's doing wrong, being even slower, getting shitty, being rude to customers. Just fucking up the day generally.

BUT
I got a call back about a job, and I have an interview on Thursday.
^I'm pretty sure if I'm turning into a horse to fuck a stranger off the internet, vodka will play its part...

Lighting cigarettes with you

Devery

• Tunnel-Visioneer
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »

I lost my internet connection yesterday afternoon so, after trying to reconnect many times, I closed everything up and went home, thinking that it only needed "a little rest".  Wrongo.  I spent over three hours this morning with the provider, then over to an independent tech group, then back to the provider.  I ran a crap-load of tests from this end and they did the same.  Finally, the robot called and told me that the problem had been resolved.  At least the first guy I dealt with for an hour and a half from the provider was funny (ex:  "there are three possible outcomes:  you fix it at your end, we fix it here or, three, the modem will catch on fire and burn down your business".  I opted for the last one but, alas, the choice was not mine to make, being that I was at the very whimsical mercy of the technology gods).

At least I won't have to worry about another disconnect for awhile, right?  Kind of like the Garp and plane crashing into the house thing. 
"The world is going to hell in a hand-basket, but it sure is nice up here on the hill."   A. Kujawa
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Up