THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...  (Read 14899 times)

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
Re: Shit that ruined your day UNTIL...
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2011, 04:54:23 AM »

insomnia, until I rediscovered this old thread
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »

I was thinking about this thread just the other day but wasn't sure if it had actually existed or not.
Yay, I'm not making things up.

Astica

• Ghost
  • Purportedly decadent.
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »

Things didn't go too well at the doctors this morning, as I may have completely different problems to what I thought I had, and now have to wait a week for results while trying not to be all worst-case-scenario melodramatic and thinking I have cancer. My boyfriend said he would be around to talk to me about it and then wasn't, which was kind of annoying. Then I got a lovely tea-stained doodle in the mail from Robin which, while it hasn't solved any of my medical/possible relationship problems, cheered me up immensely <3
Quote from: Indja
I mean really, my sins are my own - i don't wnat some cunt to swoop in and wipe the slate clean. it is my fucking slate. fuck offf.

Quote from: N.U.
Tricorns are fuckbanana awesome.

Captain Oblivious

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    • The NCC! I am a mod there =]
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2011, 08:02:41 PM »

LOL if any of the pharmacies in our town shut on Christmas Eve, there'd be a lot of wives getting nothing for Christmas.
Quote from: Reptile
Congratulations, you tiny badass!

Quote from: ~Miranda~
Everything you said looks like real words to me.

Great minds think alike but fools seldom differ

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2012, 11:17:47 PM »

Double post, who cares.

I had a bit of a rollercoaster day haha. Yesterday my friend said he wanted to go for coffee today, so I was all "yeah cool" but then he didn't text so I attempted to some of my essay and failed. So, no essay done, no point in getting out of bed. But then he did call, so I went for coffee with him and some friends, and after we went to their flat and watched Sherlock and played the Game of Thrones board game cos we're cool like that. So. I got home and I had a message on facebook about how L was upset, so I chatted to him and he was still in a shit mood so that sucked and then he was refusing to do his essay even though I was trying EVERYTHING to try to get him to do it. Eventually it worked, he said he'd do it and he also said some sweet things. So bad, good, bad, good. :)

spider jerusalem

• forever a
  • um mazzaropi incriminado
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2012, 03:06:20 PM »

Yesterday was our second game for the state's rugby union championship. everything was running smoothly regarded the trip and pre match preparation, until the host team said the ambulance (something mandatory for every match) went to the wrongly field and would be late for the game. There is a clause in the championship rules that says you, the host team, will lose by w.o. if any of the safety precautions is not available at least 15 minutes before the match start scheduled time.

The team we would be facing is the second strongest in the state, with a solid line of backs and with some players playing together for 10 years, which makes a huge different, specially considering that our team has a weak line of backs because we were never able to keep up with same players for it - contrasting with our  forwards, who have been playing together for 4 years. Anyway, the game would be really tough, specially because they pĺay dirt and are hated by every other team in the state.

So, back to the w.o. stuff, if they would lose by w.o. they would be automatically put in the last position of our fixture, no matter if they would won by hundreds the next games.

What happened was that the referee, a really inexperienced one, allowed the game to be played even with the ambulance and the paramedics 45 minutes late.  We, fearing to be disqualified if not playing the match, accepted under protest to let the game to be played.

At the end, we had a few players injured, including our fly-half (number 10) being stepped  on the head by their fly-half on a ruck - execpt that this was intentional, and not an accident with him trying to hook the ball. That, of course, would have had to lead to him being spelled out. Bear that he did not was spell out [grammar nazis: was that past tense correct?], but another player (dont remember who, but a think it was someone from their pack) was - so you can see how weak the referee was.

By this time, still on the first half, we were losing by 19x0 and would lost the 1st half by 26x0 - even though we were playing quite well, not committing many knock ons or forward pass, and not making any penalty.

However, the second half we really played way better and lost by 4x3 (that is: 4 tries against 3), with our scrum-half (#9) scoring  every convention. So, it ended 24x21 (they lost 2 conventions). The game ended 50x21 - which was a quite good result, given all the problems we had faced and all the shit that happened before. Alas, their other two games before ours   was won by a huge margin, things like 110x6 and 80x10 - not sure about the margins, though. Nevertheless, we've being growing better every year - last time we managed to score on one try and lost by 70 or smth.

I also played the last 10 minutes, as an outside centre (I usally play as a scrum-half or left wing). According to everyone I played quite well - managed to do well done clearance kick that almost got into touch, but flew half of the field to the touch line, anyway. And managed to clear a  1v1 ruck (not sure if this is the right term in english, or if it is recycle, as in "recycle the ball") by my own - be in mind Im small: 1,58m.  I also did good coverage. According to team mates, to be a perfect 10 minutes it only missed a tackle.   

At last, we will be issuing a protest against the board so we can see if the match is cancelled and we get the match points and the w.o.

Cheers!  8)
I assembled this team for purposes of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing, but in reading this thread it occurs to me they're all highly bangable. Yeah, even Spider Jerusalem.

bambiraptor

• ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - heat magazine
  • (:
    • twitter.
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2012, 05:41:07 PM »

i went out to a gay club in glasgow last night with my friend and her friends and i was the only one who didn't get hit on despite being the only gay one and idk it knocked my confidence a bit

but then i found this really awesome richard pryor tshirt for £3 in fopp so all is well

Niels

• Shadows stuffed with organs
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:51 AM »

i went out to a gay club in glasgow last night with my friend and her friends and i was the only one who didn't get hit on despite being the only gay one and idk it knocked my confidence a bit

maybe they were intimidated because you were too attractive? That is really the only reason why I wouldn't hit on you.

bambiraptor

• ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ - heat magazine
  • (:
    • twitter.
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2012, 03:53:41 PM »

aww you make a lady blush sir

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »

Bumping.

I recently got accepted to the Special Constabulary but before I start training I have to get a medical and stuff done, and I needed to get forms signed and stamped by both my doctor and optician. I left the form in the doctor's three weeks ago and I collected it today. When I went in first, I was told it would be £15, and then I was told it went up to £16. When I went in today, I was told it was in fact £33. I was about to cry cos it took me those three weeks to save up the £16 I needed to pay so I freaked out. She served other people while I gathered my thoughts; I asked her if I was able to pay it in parts and she said she would speak to the doctor who then agreed to let me have it for £16! So that was lucky. THEN I went to the opticians and they told me to come back in 20 minutes and I did but then they made me wait half an hour while they served someone else so that was annoying cos it literally took 5 minutes for them to fill it out. But. All was not lost cos I finally got it done and my lovely boyfriend brought me food when he came home from work <3

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »

Bumping.

I recently got accepted to the Special Constabulary but before I start training I have to get a medical and stuff done, and I needed to get forms signed and stamped by both my doctor and optician. I left the form in the doctor's three weeks ago and I collected it today. When I went in first, I was told it would be £15, and then I was told it went up to £16. When I went in today, I was told it was in fact £33. I was about to cry cos it took me those three weeks to save up the £16 I needed to pay so I freaked out. She served other people while I gathered my thoughts; I asked her if I was able to pay it in parts and she said she would speak to the doctor who then agreed to let me have it for £16! So that was lucky. THEN I went to the opticians and they told me to come back in 20 minutes and I did but then they made me wait half an hour while they served someone else so that was annoying cos it literally took 5 minutes for them to fill it out.  So I took out my constable's sidearm and shot every m----f------ in the office...<3
Fixed.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »

Bumping.

I recently got accepted to the Special Constabulary but before I start training I have to get a medical and stuff done, and I needed to get forms signed and stamped by both my doctor and optician. I left the form in the doctor's three weeks ago and I collected it today. When I went in first, I was told it would be £15, and then I was told it went up to £16. When I went in today, I was told it was in fact £33. I was about to cry cos it took me those three weeks to save up the £16 I needed to pay so I freaked out. She served other people while I gathered my thoughts; I asked her if I was able to pay it in parts and she said she would speak to the doctor who then agreed to let me have it for £16! So that was lucky. THEN I went to the opticians and they told me to come back in 20 minutes and I did but then they made me wait half an hour while they served someone else so that was annoying cos it literally took 5 minutes for them to fill it out.  So I took out my constable's sidearm and shot every m----f------ in the office...<3
Fixed.

I don't get a gun :(

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2012, 01:23:08 PM »

Bumping.

Fixed.

Do you at least get a baton/truncheon/nightstick/club with which you could batter such folk?

Captain Oblivious

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »

Bumping.

Fixed.

Do you at least get a baton/truncheon/nightstick/club with which you could batter such folk?

I think so but I'm not sure. I assume I would be given something to protect myself.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2012, 02:02:54 AM »

Bumping.

Fixed.

I think so but I'm not sure. I assume I would be given something to protect myself.
Meh... I suppose swinging a club around and getting a good workout might actually
be a better release than just blasting away with a gun anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Up