THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PRIVATE MELBOURNE SLUMBER PARTY  (Read 18464 times)

Amanda Palmer

• NAMASTE MOTHERFUCKER
  • Global Moderator
PRIVATE MELBOURNE SLUMBER PARTY
« on: January 30, 2009, 09:04:33 PM »

My Dear Melbourne Comrades!   

I have something special and yummy planned for you.  I will be hosting an old school SLUMBER party on 21 Feb while I'm taking a few days off in magical Melbourne. 
It will be held at my teeny favorite little club (only room for about 40 people!!!) in the city and we will start late, around midnight, and go til who cares.
There's a piano and I'll play some tunes and I'll probably bust out the ukulele, but mostly I just want to drink and laugh and wear pajamas.
In fact, i will insist that we all wear pajamas. because that will be awesome. And maybe we'll webcast if there's internet and then we can all show off our pajamas.
And i will probably plan some special guests and some other weird shit.
The event will be free, because why the fuck not, but I will take donations. I like doing that.
I am weird.

How do you get tickets for this awesome event?
Well, we decided to make things interesting: you need to email Beth your name and the story of a strange dream you've had. 
Let's make it your FAVORITE strange dream so Beth doesn't have to wade through hundreds of emails about falling and drowning and murder and rape and zombies and hot girls. 
Except that last thing... hot girls are probably a-ok. Then we will choose about 18 people + one guest each to come wear pajamas.

Legally: You gotta be over 18 since there will be booze about.  I am sorry about that.

The deal:
Email Beth (beth at amandapalmer dot net) your name (as it appears on your ID) and the story of your dream -- no more than 1 page, please, and be as creative as you like. 
The deadline to send your dream is 7 February. She'll help me pick the best ones and we'll let you know either way + venue details by 12 February.

You'll be notified EITHER WAY, so please don't bug Beth before the deadline, and if you're selected we'll send you the address of the venue.
You will be allowed to bring ONE guest. There will be a VERY strict list at the door. You must have valid ID that matches your name from the contest and shows that you are over 18.

If you are not on the list, you will not get in.

x
AFP

overratedtoejam

Re: PRIVATE MELBOURNE SLUMBER PARTY
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »

oh, how i wish i was an aussie right now...

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »

that would be smashing good fun.

Killer Queen

• Frankee says relax
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:04:48 PM »

This is a dream come true. And free! I am thrilled for all you lucky Aussies and yet, my little cold Canadian heart is broken. I can't wait to hear all about how it plays out.
*An artist is an instrument through which the universe reveals itself*

ocean_soul

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:09:34 PM »

Why does this have to happen when I'm out of the country?!

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 11:12:14 PM »

I am so tempted to go to this......but I think I might have to give it a miss.  :'(
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 11:24:23 PM »

I am so tempted to go to this......but I think I might have to give it a miss.  :'(

NO!!!

I was just thinking you could be going to the show in your pjs & have an amazing time 'cause you are in that sunny part of the world... don´t miss it if possible, do you know how many people I would stab for a show like that... I mean in my pjs! ... just go!  :)

Briar La Boheme

• i wanna be (ON) yr
  • i double parked my panther.
    • briar against bubblegum youth
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 11:36:08 PM »

This is a dream come true. And free! I am thrilled for all you lucky Aussies and yet, my little cold Canadian heart is broken. I can't wait to hear all about how it plays out.

I agree entirely, and I also think that this should become a regular occurrence. Say, in Montreal? In April? ;D

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »

NO!!!

I was just thinking you could be going to the show in your pjs & have an amazing time 'cause you are in that sunny part of the world... don´t miss it if possible, do you know how many people I would stab for a show like that... I mean in my pjs! ... just go!  :)

I haven't got anyone that can look after the kids that weekend. Which sucks, but I am going to the normal show so while I am kinda disappointed at least I still have that to look forward to.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

Musings

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 11:45:30 PM »

I am going to try to do some focused dreaming about this thread so... it'll almost be like I'm there.

PJs, Palmer, and sunshine.  Sigh.

Can you do this somewhere on the East Coast, so lashingoutloud and I can wear onesies and actually have it be venue appropriate?

I also request acting out of the winning dreams for the partayonthenetter.
www.upstreamofconsciousness.blogspot.com

"Just dance, gonna be OK, just dance." - Lady Gaga, inspired by Rainer Maria Rilke

yosmark

• The Powa. The Powa.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »

Well, I hope you enjoy the regular show Sheri.

& btw:

SOMBREROS PARTY IN MÉXICO

You can easily stop me from making this silly posts by sending AFP to México.

CourtneyFG

• Abby Rose
  • blue from the inside out
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 02:03:47 AM »

i'm so glad that i live in australia and am of legal drinking age, and i have no commitments to stop me from flying to melbourne for the weekend if i should be one of the lucky winners.

it's good that the australians get to share something like this. as we miss out on things like football in the park, or hair cuts at the pub, or the leeds filmclip. or any other random show or festival miss afp decides to do in the u.s.a.

:D

i'm so excited, even if i don't win i still get to see her in march.
'whacking of 'ill get you off, but it's just not the real thing'

Emmy

• myspace schmyspace
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 02:10:15 AM »

Why does this have to happen when I'm out of the country?!

my thoughts exactly.
i am now going to pester all my friends in melbourne and make them go. then i can just live my life through their excitement. basically.
O we will know, won't we?
The stars will explode in the sky
O but they don't, do they?
Stars have their moment and then they die

Goodbye-Umbrella

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 02:23:14 AM »

ah to go to melbourne or not too.. i always love an excuse to go, but i think around the time she'll be there it will be like the first week of uni :(

well ill forward this to melbourne friends!

CourtneyFG

• Abby Rose
  • blue from the inside out
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 02:26:02 AM »

ah to go to melbourne or not too.. i always love an excuse to go, but i think around the time she'll be there it will be like the first week of uni :(

well ill forward this to melbourne friends!

nothing ever happends in the first week of uni. skip it. you can always entre, and then let beth and amanda decide if you are to skip or not.
'whacking of 'ill get you off, but it's just not the real thing'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8  All   Go Up