THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Florida Shows! March 25th, 26th, and 28th!  (Read 3271 times)

Edric.

• <3
    • Musics
Florida Shows! March 25th, 26th, and 28th!
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:02:45 AM »

Who would like to help out with some FL brigading?
Mixie Moxie, Jessi, and myself are down!
Jessi & I will probably perform outside the theater like I did in ATL in November, and maybe we'll break out some sidewalk chalk.
 :headbang:

Any ideas for FL shows?
edric, fka edgar.

edgar was TOTALLY there. i know because i hugged him

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
Re: Florida Shows! March 25th, 26th, and 28th!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 02:06:24 AM »

ZOMG I TOTALLY WANNA DO THIS.  *CRY*

If I end up attending...*thinks*  Huuummmmm...lesse...I've always thought that I would sing opera as my sort of...thing.  My shtick.  Drawing? Chalk?  Hhhuuuummmm.  I will need to give this a good thinkaroo.

Jess-O-Lantern

• Formerly 1/2 of Artistic Simplistic (RIP), now working on my spookulele skills and hanging my top hat in the cemteries of New York City.
    • Jess-O-Lantern on Sound Cloud! :-)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:28:14 AM »

I just finished my Japanese Noh Theatre mask re-vamp. (It's girly-er now.) But I'm incorporating that into a Brigading bit. I also am down for sidewalk chalking, Kazoo-serenading, and Artistic Simplistic Rock-Loving.  :headbang:

Also perhaps, Bubble blowing, cupcake giving, confession box accumulating, KEY COLLECTING, stilt walking (well...my friends who own their own impressive stilts and pretty costumes), story telling, interpretive dancing, interviewing, juggling (well...Cross can juggle at least!), hoola-hooping (if we acquire one or a dozen), gyspy dancing, drum circling, sing-a-long-ing, human statue-ing, miming, and of course...general Brigade-ing.

I plan on at LEAST letting Edgar kidnap me for TWO out of the three shows. Silly having college class and such during the week. Thus, the 26th and the 28th for certain.

We need more folks to come have fun Brigade-ey happiness with us! C'mon people, I KNOW you're out there in Florida! I know we're not the only ones!  :knuppel2:

tadk

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:36:08 PM »

Looking to convince the wife to go to the St Pete show. Should be able to succeed. btw the concert is not on the State Theatre site at all.

If we make it I want an Artsimp CD also btw

Jess-O-Lantern

• Formerly 1/2 of Artistic Simplistic (RIP), now working on my spookulele skills and hanging my top hat in the cemteries of New York City.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 10:14:01 PM »

Looking to convince the wife to go to the St Pete show. Should be able to succeed. btw the concert is not on the State Theatre site at all.

If we make it I want an Artsimp CD also btw

Edgar and I are actually in the works of getting a photo shoot done for flyers/business cards as well as finishing up a small ep to have for the AFP/VL shows. We're flattered and we'll try our best to have an actual cd to ger to you!  :love5:

the astronaut

• moving on.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 10:51:31 PM »

I'm seriously debating giving myself 2 days to drive down to see the show in Ft. Lauderdale - if I DO go, I'll be Brigading with the best of them :D

Edric.

• <3
    • Musics
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »

I'm seriously debating giving myself 2 days to drive down to see the show in Ft. Lauderdale - if I DO go, I'll be Brigading with the best of them :D
i will love you long time if you do this!
edric, fka edgar.

the astronaut

• moving on.
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »

Just bought my Tickets, Edgar -- my roommate wants to come, so is it cool if it's 'crash +1', edgar??  :love5:

Edric.

• <3
    • Musics
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 08:23:47 PM »

Just bought my Tickets, Edgar -- my roommate wants to come, so is it cool if it's 'crash +1', edgar??  :love5:
This just may be possible. I'll let you know!  :D
edric, fka edgar.

MixieMoxie

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 09:14:32 AM »

1st SBox post.  I'm officially no longer a lurker.  Dang!

I will be giving FREE HUGS.  And other treats of some kind.  Haven't figured out what yet.  :-)

Edric.

• <3
    • Musics
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 07:31:21 PM »

Yay! I love Mixie :D

Jessi & I came up with a shit ton of new ideas today! They're pretty neat :)
edric, fka edgar.

the astronaut

• moving on.
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »

Yes they are!! :D My roommate and I are running with Jessi's mask 'theme', and coming up with some Japanese-like Creature masks :D I can't decide whether or not to have a half-mask or a full mask...

Jess-O-Lantern

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 01:35:37 PM »

Yes they are!! :D My roommate and I are running with Jessi's mask 'theme', and coming up with some Japanese-like Creature masks :D I can't decide whether or not to have a half-mask or a full mask...

Mine is a little bigger than a full mask but it stops at my mouth. The thing is with mine is that I'm not actually going to wear it on my face for the actual brigading. lol. I have a "Two Headed Girl" thing I'm crafting.

But I'm wanting to get a BETTER mask than the one I have and making it into one that's actually wearable. The one I have now is just plastic and probably painful after a while. That's the thing, when deciding wither or not to go full or half mask, you have to think of wither or not you're going to be wearing any make-up or if you're going to be taking it off at any point as well.

I'm stoked that my ideas are catching on though! And that you like our ideas as well!  :headbang:

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »

I'd like to get a head start (a bit of a head anyway) on any costume/whatever I may need. Something that'll fit in a suitcase and not get me arrested, kay?
The ideas sound awesome so far  :D

Briar La Boheme

• i wanna be (ON) yr
  • i double parked my panther.
    • briar against bubblegum youth
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 08:07:23 PM »

I cunningly only just realised that this thread existed. I'm trying to come up with something creative and different... but I'm definitely going to do SOMETHING :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up