THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spring 2009 US Brigade  (Read 1237 times)

beth of all trades

• Joan of Arc
  • formerly girlwithacameranyc
    • beth hommel dot com
Spring 2009 US Brigade
« on: February 20, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »

Hello all-

I'll be helping out long distance with Brigade for the upcoming AFP solo dates.  There aren't comps available for Brigade this tour (the venues are smaaaaaaaallll) but if you'd like to Make Art with your fellow attendees, I am here to help in any way I can.  If you need someone to bounce ideas off of or someone to troubleshoot things with, I am your woman.

This is all super-unofficial.  Unlike last year around this time, Brigade Coordinator ain't my real job, so it might take me a bit of time to respond to your emails.  But I want to hear from you, because art makes the Baby Jesus happy, and it's a good idea to make the Baby Jesus happy when you're a bunch of freaks of varying degrees of gay touring in the south. ;)

So, if you'd like to Brigade on the upcoming tour, here's what you do:

1.)  Look through this section and the one just below it.  See what other people have done successfully (and even not so successfully.)  Do your research and read all the FAQs for important info.

2.)  Start brainstorming!  See if you have friends who want to do a group Brigade thing.  Post to the Box to see if there are friends you haven't met yet who want to collaborate with you.

3.)  Email beth@amandapalmer.net if you have questions  or want guidance--- or just to update me on what you'll be doing so we know to watch for you.

There you go, friends.  Get to it.  Make art. :)

Love,
Beth

ps - When I read the emails/posts/etc. I wrote re: Brigade last year, I feel like I was quite uptight!  I feel really lucky now that I can just talk to y'all. :)

Jess-O-Lantern

• Formerly 1/2 of Artistic Simplistic (RIP), now working on my spookulele skills and hanging my top hat in the cemteries of New York City.
    • Jess-O-Lantern on Sound Cloud! :-)
Re: Spring 2009 US Brigade
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »

As you may already have read, Edgar and I emailed you back with yet ANOTHER list of Brigade ideas!  :coolsmiley:

We're recruiting members of the local Rocky Horror Picture Show cast in Orlando, local performance artists, local theatre students, and general artsy fartsy folks from our area to plan and make art together at at LEAST two of the three FL dates.

Soooo, if anyone in FL or near the FL area who would like to join us in our artsy endeavor, send us (Edgar and myself, "Artistic Simplistic") and email at:

artisticsimplistic@gmail.com

love&cookies,
Jessi

-Artistic Simplistic -
Pages: [1]   Go Up