THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 32  All   Go Down

Author Topic: the suicide thread  (Read 64398 times)

Alyss

Re: the suicide thread
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2009, 04:02:37 PM »

I meant that you shouldn't describe yourself like that. Being emotional is fine, it's good, even. You're not being emo you're being human.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2009, 04:23:41 PM »

Ah, quit playing dumb, Alyss - you know when people say "emo" they don't mean "emotional", any more than when a band is described as "indie" it has any real relation to the type of record label they're signed to. Granted, it would be nice if we could use words only as they were originally intended, but the fact is, language evolves and words take on new meanings.

In other news...

I find that if I try and write a song (can't draw for shit, so that avenue of expression just depresses me further!) when I'm feeling down, it always turns out really shit or covering something I've already written about. And because I really hate having overly blunt lyrics, they rarely say what I mean anyway. Mind you, I do find it quite a release to engross myself in, say, designing a dress or a coat or something, because putting the effort into something quite unrelated to what I'm feeling for a sustained period of time seems to take my mind off it. I used to write letters to an imaginary boy (his name was Dylan) and still do sometimes, but it's trailed off recently because I seemed to be just saying the same shit over and over.

Alyss

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2009, 05:08:08 PM »

Ah, quit playing dumb, Alyss - you know when people say "emo" they don't mean "emotional", any more than when a band is described as "indie" it has any real relation to the type of record label they're signed to. Granted, it would be nice if we could use words only as they were originally intended, but the fact is, language evolves and words take on new meanings.
Again, not what i meant, so fuck you both :) I'll stop trying to be pleasant or understood.

the empty girl

• cyber stalker extraordinaire.
  • I'm going to go draw happy cheese now.
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2009, 12:01:40 AM »

It's bad when people degrade themselves.

I do it all the time, but with legitimate classifications.

Emo is improper english slang that needs to be shot in the face. yes. emo has a face.

"When people say they envy me and my life that's like a movie come true, I smile and neglect to tell them that the movie is Rock-a-Doodle." -JV

Alyss

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2009, 02:15:32 AM »

Quite. In honour of that sentiment, I'm going to put on Spill Canvas.

Chay

• now get off my side of the state...
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2009, 02:24:33 AM »

wow.
i feel a bit like an ass at the moment.
"Or maybe she's already dead and maybe she's gone to Mars
Maybe we could even write her epitaph in the stars" - Marcy Playground

Bloggage:
http://chaynicoleb8908.tumblr.com/

Alyss

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2009, 02:25:41 AM »

How so?

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2009, 02:51:05 AM »

You're not being emo you're being human.

Ever since the "emu" craze, i have tried, and tried, and tried again to get this through people's fucking thick skulls.  ever since "emotional hardcore" was born into existence, people have decided that every single thing in the world is fucking emu.  no.  no it's not, you fucking assholes.  emu is a style of music that requires you to dress like a dipshit, and listen to Hawthorne Heights on repeat, while pretending like you want to kill yourself, and kissing guys because girls think it's hot.

being generally sensitive about yourself, or what's going on in your life is being what humans tend to be...emotional.  you fucking feel.  you have ups, downs, twists, and turns.  lrn2discern.

edit:  that was in no way directed at anybody in particular, just to clarify.

Alyss

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2009, 02:52:43 AM »

See, that's what I meant! Why the fuck can caddy always organise my thoughts better than me?

Chay

• now get off my side of the state...
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2009, 02:56:25 AM »

How so?

cause i started the whole "emo" shit on here.
i'm really not into that emo stuff. its just a word i thew in there because it seemed to fit.
yes, i am really emotional sometimes, that's what i really meant. no, i really dont think i fit the whole "emo" lifestyle and i dont care too much for emo music.
just a word. a word that, i agree, is overused. and maybe i should have picked something else to say or should have completely typed out the word "emotional".
*shrug* no big deal though.
:)

and yeah, i guess i am just being human.
it's really nice to see that there are other people in this world that are human, too. sometimes it feels like i live in a world filled with bullshit robots that have no emotions or feelings or cares in the whole fucking world. it's tiring.
"Or maybe she's already dead and maybe she's gone to Mars
Maybe we could even write her epitaph in the stars" - Marcy Playground

Bloggage:
http://chaynicoleb8908.tumblr.com/

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2009, 03:00:25 AM »

because i'm a psychotic psychic.

also, i had an ex-friend of mine, who was on my LJ, try to use my journal entries against me.  she lashed out by calling me "emo", and eewwwww ur so laaaaame.  even got her kid in on it (she's an old, unsuccessful hag who is actually so depressing, another previous friend of mine stopped being her friend, because he got sick of her depression).

people will be stupid, if you give them any opportunity to act on it.

Alyss

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2009, 03:01:29 AM »

Sounds like a good friend...

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2009, 03:04:30 AM »

oh, i used to have tons of good friends.

Quote from: Chay
it's really nice to see that there are other people in this world that are human, too. sometimes it feels like i live in a world filled with bullshit robots that have no emotions or feelings or cares in the whole fucking world. it's tiring.

yeah well, the stoic types balance out the emotional types.  as much as i hate to say that...

Alyss

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2009, 04:54:23 AM »

It's probably a good thing though. An entire world of emotional types would break down pretty fast.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2009, 06:53:24 AM »

Ueff. Can you imagine? A whole world of Morrisseys.... *shudder*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 32  All   Go Up