THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: winter  (Read 19787 times)

preferpencil

• if sharks didn't have rows of teeth, then what?
winter
« on: February 25, 2009, 01:58:31 AM »

any post about winter would be fine...

but i'm looking for advice from the forum's elite -- as well as "the scum of the earth"? (it's late)

mmm. how shall i say this? the last couple of years have been awful around Feb.-March. for me. i am not sure what my brain does, but i start to lose amazing amounts of sleep. i know a lot of people suffer from insomnia, but everyone knows that Zero r.e.m.- can and will make you........nuts.

oh. and i hit the search button for 'winter'
"But it's never too late for the poetry of regret."--lee upton

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: winter
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:44:46 AM »

beats summer.

#@!

Rob

• Now I must go, Sean Hannity is on.
  • Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:45:44 AM »

* official elite response
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 02:55:45 PM »

Hate winter. Urgh. I WANT THE SUUUUUN!!!

Kovacs

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 03:29:46 PM »

the last couple of years have been awful around Feb.-March. for me. i am not sure what my brain does, but i start to lose amazing amounts of sleep.

Is your room cold? Even the slightest coldness means I lose sleep, big time. It sucks being such a pansy, but it's better to run a space heater and get decent sleep than the alternative.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 03:16:17 AM »

winter pwns.

fuck, it's got win in the goddamn word.  winter, ppl pls.

lil' lindsay

• im this many.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 04:55:27 PM »

I'm a little snow bunny.

winter is all fun and games until someone gets snow shoved down her cleavage. ~not impressed~

I'll let you know in six or seven years or so.
mommy's wingman

MeaCulpa

• I Am Pro-Vanity
  • Beau Rêve
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 04:57:49 PM »

Message from the scum:

Know much about seasonal affective disorder?

Get yourself some bright artificial lights and sit by them for 15mins in the morning. Poof away your tiredness during the day and help your insomnia and night. Also, eat more chocolate during the day. Serious on that one.

old news

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »

...and yet I am photosensitive, and get distracted, uneasy, and headachey when in bright artifical light. I cannot think straight, so I have to hide away in half-light of lamps and screens. At night, if there's too bright a light when I sleep, I won't rest properly and will wake up exhausted...
It drives my family insane...and they're the sort who'll have lights on even in the middle of the day.

Alyss

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 03:33:25 PM »

Fuck winter. I'm sick of it. Every year I look forward to it, then it drags on for four fucking months or more, and I can't stand it anymore.

Alyss

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »

Here here. I want to wear t-shirts again!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 04:05:40 PM »

I'm wearing a t-shirt right now! Though, I am also wearing 2 pairs of socks and a pair of pyjama bottoms under my jeans, so I don't think it counts.... I miss the sun!!

Rob

• Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »

It's 71 degrees here now.
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 04:47:26 PM »

It's 71 degrees here now.
ahem...

It snowed here day before yesterday....  a bit over 7" accumulation here, 10"+ about 5 miles away...

It's supposed to be 70 degrees Friday...
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Rob

• Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »

77 now...
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 05:48:37 PM »

this time of year makes me want to die. i hate winter. the cold does not bother me as much as the depression that always comes with it. it seems to get worse every year.
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

old news

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »

^ you're in england. what do you expect? 10 mo; are winter, 1 mo; is spring and 1 mo; is autumn.

i want a heatwave. desperately.

But in England, we don't even get proper Winter. Apart from that snow we got a frw weeks ago, it's mostly grey skies and rain. I feel pathetic saying it's cold out when the American Widmest is buried under many feet of nsow. I wuld like to wintess a proper Winter sometime, since I find the cold and white beautiful (I always had mixed feelings when Narnia unfroze in TLTW&TW). That said, I love the Spring, especially blossom, which I think is one of the prettiest things in nature.

Alyss

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »

Fuck that! In Oxford, in early January, the forecast people said it was as cold as Moscow, and it bloody felt it! I got ice in my hair walking home from Kennigton in fog!

old news

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 07:12:51 PM »

Fuck that! In Oxford, in early January, the forecast people said it was as cold as Moscow, and it bloody felt it! I got ice in my hair walking home from Kennigton in fog!

As cold as Moscow in early January, not as cold as Moscow all Winter. Russia knows her Winter well, as Napoleon and Hitler found out.

We once had freezing fog in Northrn Gernamy and it was so beautiful and pretty and freezing, but otherworlly, like a fairytale in white. It did play merry mayhem with the flights from the airport, but somehow, we got Ryanair's bravest pilot and got home when the othe r pilots moved their flights elswehere to airports many hours away.

Briar La Boheme

• i wanna be (ON) yr
  • i double parked my panther.
    • briar against bubblegum youth
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 07:20:41 PM »

I only just discovered real winter. In Auckland, it never, ever, EVER snows. It barely gets below 10°C - if it does, we all complain about how cold it is.

I'm in Montreal now, and I have not gone a single day without seeing ice and/or snow, and I think the temperature has cracked zero maybe four or five times? It's a wake up call, for serious.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 07:32:21 PM »

It was nice today.  Lots of sun.  Pretty.

TeaTime

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 08:05:10 PM »

some michigan kids like winter and the snow. i am not one of them.
Love cannot express the idea of music, while music may give an idea of love. -Berlioz

Alyss

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 10:05:27 PM »

As cold as Moscow in early January, not as cold as Moscow all Winter. Russia knows her Winter well, as Napoleon and Hitler found out.
Honey, bearing in mind both that (a) I love you dearly and (b) I'm aware that most students are retards are need educating about everything, still:

Stop giving me fucking history lessons. No more 'as I studied Germany I know this' or 'you may be interested to know this' shit. I've got a whole library of relevant crap I can pull out and slap you with any time I please, but I don't, so don't you do it either. Russia is cold. No shit. Japan knows it's general state of mania well, as the USA found out. Mongolia knows its torture well, as the Russians found out. The Inquisition knew its zealousness well, as Holland found out. Cromwell knew his tactics well, as the Royalists found out. The Scottish knew their claymores well, as the English found out. Fuck off. ARRRRGH!

Russia also knows about domestic abuse, heavy drinking, elitism, suppression of the poor, ignorance, racism and premature death: why not fit that into your fucking historical quoting as well? Fuck you, and fuck everyone else.

[/rant]

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »

The above post can be summed up in terms of,

Quote from: Alyss

Alyss

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 10:45:16 PM »

Fuck you and all. I don't like being treated like an idiot.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 10:51:09 PM »

I don't think anybody called you one.  *laughs*  I really do think some people have a tendency to over explain to other people, especially while they're in school and learning their subject.  Really, they just become really happy chihuahuas humping your leg about it, because they need to dump it on SOMEBODY.

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »

Holy flippin' wow! I didn't really detect a notable tone of condescension in Scattermoon's post. It was just sort of... chit chat.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

Rob

• Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 12:20:59 AM »

You shut your ignorant mouth!
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 12:39:37 AM »

Holy flippin' wow! I didn't really detect a notable tone of condescension in Scattermoon's post. It was just sort of... chit chat.
Condescention,  like so  many things,  is in the mind of the reader/listener,
and since (as we have learned) Alyss' mind is full of scary things unknown
to the rest of the world, it's small wonder he detected condescension.

Ya know, Hitler had similar issues...  so maybe you, Alyss, really could be
head-of-state some day.   :)

old news

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 02:55:04 AM »

Did you see mention of General Janvier? Did I talk about Napoleon's campaign? Did I mention how my grandfather was in one of the German batallions marching on Moscow in late 1941 and how he heard wolves around him at night? Did I say you didn't know this stuff? Did I call you ignorant? Does an aside come across as a lecture now just because it was a historical comment? Do I try ramming history down your throat every time I post? How many times has this happened before? Do you not think you are exaggerating, jumping at something that really isn't there?

Do you really want to burn the bridges that have been built?

All I was doing was adding a small point to show it's really cold in Russia all Winter long, because I don't think Winter here is much to freeze about. The alcohol also hadn't quite left my system, so I was perhaps a little chattier than usual. Blame me for that if it makes you feel better. I might rethink that letter now, which is a shame because I started writing it already.

I don't think anybody called you one.  *laughs*  I really do think some people have a tendency to over explain to other people, especially while they're in school and learning their subject.  Really, they just become really happy chihuahuas humping your leg about it, because they need to dump it on SOMEBODY.

I'm sorry. I'm actually not even studying that at the moment, so I don't have an excuse. I'll do my best not to talk about it.

Alyss

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 08:19:31 AM »

Oh please no, don't rip up the letter! What was I thinking? It was a just a momentary lapse of anger; I was tired, I was sick of the weather, I'd had a bad day: please forgive me! [/sarcasm]

And while all that is true...fuck it. I've made my bed, I'll lie in it.

old news

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »

Why does the weather bother you so much?

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 04:27:39 PM »

as a psychology student, i feel obligated to inform you that you are obviously displacing your anger onto elle, the innocent party here. it's a classic defense mechanism, as is denial, projection, i could go on and on but i have a paper on freud and the psychosexual stages of development to write for my extremely intelligent psych class.

i shall finish by telling you that if you continue to displace your anger onto innocent people, then you may become stressed (?), which will cause your adrenaline and cortisol to reach critical levels, at which point your immune system will weaken and then you'll DIE.

1UP

old news

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »

as a psychology student, i feel obligated to inform you that you are obviously displacing your anger onto elle, the innocent party here. it's a classic defense mechanism, as is denial, projection, i could go on and on but i have a paper on freud and the psychosexual stages of development to write for my extremely intelligent psych class.

i shall finish by telling you that if you continue to displace your anger onto innocent people, then you may become stressed (?), which will cause your adrenaline and cortisol to reach critical levels, at which point your immune system will weaken and then you'll DIE.

Thankyou Sarah xxx

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 06:18:06 PM »

as a psychology student, i feel which will cause your adrenaline and cortisol to reach critical levels, at which point your immune system will weaken and then you'll DIE.
...but I just saw an ad on the TV that says coortisol causes BELLY FAT!!!

They said if ya buy their pills it'll lower your cortisol and let you burn a zillion times more BELLY FAT!!!

It must be true, I saw it on TV!!!   :D

Alyss

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »

Constant grey skies depress and anger me.

Other things that can kill me include: smoking, poor diet, sleep deprivation, and pneumothoraxes. Sure as shit doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing them either.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 09:48:43 PM »

Alyss, darlin'.  While I'm still drunk.

There are people on this board who have gone from hating you for what you did to loving the fuck out of you.  They care about you, and what happens to you, and would generally be depressed if you gave your body up as fodder to living, okay?  When you get bitchy, and turn against them, they are going to generally, also, be upset and emotional, because they have gone against the grain, and invested in you emotionally.  Stop trying to fuck that up.  This board is filled with generally (generally) good people, which is why I enjoy hanging around it so much.  You got bent, and that's fine.  Everybody makes mistakes.

Forgive, and forget, and get the fuck over yourself.

=)

P.S. - Yes, I am an excellent typist while fucking drunk off my ass.  xD

old news

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 05:00:59 AM »

^ Caddy, you're amazing <3

Constant grey skies depress and anger me.

The joys of England, especially along the North Sea. Grey skies just make me switch off from the outside world to some extent, although they can on occasion create the right atmosphere. Generally, however, I am a lover of blue skies, shining and free.

I take it you suffer from SAD?

Other things that can kill me include: smoking, poor diet, sleep deprivation, and pneumothoraxes. Sure as shit doesn't mean I'm going to stop doing them either.

Please don't be of the dying. Believe it or not, there are people who care about you, and they'd be very upset if you went. Also, never say never...who knows where you'll be in five years' time?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »

DON'T DIE, FERGY!!!

I've not written your letter yet! And that would just be sad.

Alyss

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 03:21:55 PM »

Thank you, caddy....I'm very sorry, I'm not very good at apologising...it's not about not being sorry, I just feel that if you do something then you ought to accept the result...apparently ISTJs are like that...

Anyway, I'm sorry...I'm not dying any time soon, disappointing as it is, so sorry, I will try to get more sleep in the future (though I expect to fail).

And I don't think I've got SAD. I like the start of winter...it just really drags on and then it gets to me...

old news

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 04:08:47 PM »

Thank you, caddy....I'm very sorry, I'm not very good at apologising...it's not about not being sorry, I just feel that if you do something then you ought to accept the result...apparently ISTJs are like that...

Anyway, I'm sorry...I'm not dying any time soon, disappointing as it is, so sorry, I will try to get more sleep in the future (though I expect to fail).

And I don't think I've got SAD. I like the start of winter...it just really drags on and then it gets to me...

You're ISTJ? We're almost total opposites, as I'm INFP, almost an ENFP. I know we have radically different outlooks, but still...

Alyss

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »

Total opposites? Who would have guessed...

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 04:39:51 PM »

Oooh ooh ooh - I haven't paid attention thus far, but those letters look familiar. Is it that big ol' personality test? Cos I'm ENFP!! :D

old news

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 04:44:33 PM »

Oooh ooh ooh - I haven't paid attention thus far, but those letters look familiar. Is it that big ol' personality test? Cos I'm ENFP!! :D

Then we're very similar, or possibly even the same. :)
*hugs*

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »

Then we're very similar, or possibly even the same. :)
*hugs*

*superhugs* Yay! Though I think I'm a little more boisterous than you... xD

old news

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 04:48:09 PM »

True enough. And I'm a little more poetic? :)

How much does personality shine through in letters? I can't wait to get yours. Interested to see what Fergus makes of mine too.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 04:51:54 PM »

Oh, it comes of SO much, seriously.

Wait!! I DID send your letter, I just remembered! Aw, I can't remember what day... Monday, I think - sent it 2nd class, should it not of gotten there by now?

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 05:13:26 PM »

You're ISTJ? We're almost total opposites, as I'm INFP, almost an ENFP. I know we have radically different outlooks, but still...

INFP here, too...apparently.

old news

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 05:23:28 PM »

Oh, it comes of SO much, seriously.

Wait!! I DID send your letter, I just remembered! Aw, I can't remember what day... Monday, I think - sent it 2nd class, should it not of gotten there by now?

You have much faith in university post. Usually, it's okay, but sometimes mysterious delays occur...

I'll get round to writing a reply before Wednesday hopefully :)

...ah, but we're quite different, Caddy. I think. You certainly *seem* different to me anyhow. Although I like you too
*also gives you hugs*

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 05:24:51 PM »

ENFP for the win, bitches ^.^ And yay for lettaz!

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »

...ah, but we're quite different, Caddy. I think. You certainly *seem* different to me anyhow. Although I like you too
*also gives you hugs*

*murrs*

I'm proof that those tests give generalized questions that result in generalized answers, and can mean anything.  Really, it lets you perpetuate the image you want people to see.  Now, let somebody else who knows you take that test for you, and the real results might be somewhere between theirs and yours.

Either way, I'm not a bad person.  I'm very, very cuddly with the people I love and care about.  *purrrrrrrr*

*rehug*

Rob

• Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 07:00:35 PM »

The key is to answer what you do...not what you want to do.

For instance, I work better under deadlines, but never set them for myself.  My first instict is to answer that I prefer to work with the, the reality is that if I did, I would set them.  Therefore, my answer must be that I don't prefer to work with deadlines.

INFP with a strong E
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 07:01:24 PM »

The key is to not allow a bunch of personality tests define your personality.  =D

Alyss

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2009, 07:10:51 PM »

Fuck's sake...where are all the ISTJs? There are none in my house, none at the Respite, and none here!

old news

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2009, 10:18:22 PM »

I'm proof that those tests give generalized questions that result in generalized answers, and can mean anything.  Really, it lets you perpetuate the image you want people to see.  Now, let somebody else who knows you take that test for you, and the real results might be somewhere between theirs and yours.

Either way, I'm not a bad person.  I'm very, very cuddly with the people I love and care about.  *purrrrrrrr*

*rehug*

Exactly! Online tests are always fun, but usually highly inaccurate. As you said, we project who we want to be.

slinkster

• space.
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2009, 10:31:07 PM »

IT WAS LIKE 60 DEGREES HERE TODAY AND I WAS SO HAPPY.
it'll be like 16 a week from now though, probably.
damn michigan.
i don't need your sympathy, but i could use your company.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »

Fuck's sake...where are all the ISTJs? There are none in my house, none at the Respite, and none here!

Would you like, maybe, I convert to the religion of ISTJism?

Alyss

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2009, 12:21:05 AM »

Yes please :)

Speaking of winter, I've been sitting on this sofa since...about midnight, with no heater and no coat...pretty cold, and not having moved an inch can't have helped...I get like that when I'm really busy, just don't move at all...and now it's 5 am!

When I first got the books for D&D 4e, I didn't move for 24 hours, literally. Stayed in the same chair, in the same place, at the kitchen table, just reading the books really carefully and then trying to make a character....I left an indent in that chair...

God I'm so cold...and so tired....I've been up for 21 hours....urrrrrrgh....

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2009, 12:30:07 AM »

We should have a thread that involves posting our character sheets.  >_>'

Alyss

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2009, 12:30:37 AM »

Hell yes! But where would it go?

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2009, 12:32:25 AM »

I....*blinks*....somehow, I don't know the answer to that.  There's already a D&D thread, so.....;_;!

Alyss

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2009, 12:34:39 AM »

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2009, 12:36:44 AM »

*muuuuuurrrr*  You're quick like grease lightnin'!

Alyss

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2009, 12:38:18 AM »

I amaze myself sometimes...

Rob

• Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2009, 03:17:03 PM »

The key is to not allow a bunch of personality tests define your personality.  =D

It's not that they define you so much as give you and others a point of refrence and understanding as to why you do the things you do the way that you do them.
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2009, 03:24:26 PM »

It's not that they define you so much as give you and others a point of refrence and understanding as to why you do the things you do the way that you do them.

Hear hear. Or is it here here? I've never been too sure about that... I like personality tests - I'm fairly narcissistic, so anything that means I can talk about myself highly appeals to me.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2009, 05:33:12 PM »

I really hate the phrase "it's not that" or "it's not so much that", because if somebody wanted to understand the things I do, and who I am...they'd become my friend.  Therefore they can get all of the little nuanced sections and inflections of my personality.  You know, the shit that never shows up on personality tests?  Yeah, anybody who defines themselves by personality tests, and does so seriously...probably also thinks that your daily horoscope in the paper is accurate as well.

Also, no one group of people could really get my personality, because I treat different people different ways, depending on how they rub me.  I most definitely treat teachers much differently than fellow students.  Family different than friends.  Associates different than really good friends, and everything in between.

Alyss

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2009, 06:51:38 PM »

I try to treat everyone the same. If a teacher throws a pen at my head (it happened), I give em a piece of my mind.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2009, 08:39:40 PM »

I'd rather give them a piece of my textbook, because that's going to be the next thing flying.  And if I'm close enough, I might decide to high-five their face.

Alyss

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2009, 12:49:35 AM »

I think if I'd actually attacked her I wouldn't be at this Uni anymore.

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2009, 04:37:02 PM »

Ah, you should of come to my secondary school - teacher threw a chair at a kid once. And that was just a minor blip to us - they chucked stuff at us all the time ^.^

Rob

• Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »

I pay no attention to horoscopes.

Not everyone I work with or have to deal with on a daily basis wants to be your friend.  I don't want to befriend all of them either.  The Myers-Briggs test has however helped us to work better together.
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2009, 10:22:45 PM »

Quite frankly, no amount of "Synergy" and group exercises help me work better with other people.  I have the ability to do my job effectively and efficiently in the workplace, even while in the midst of people I severely dislike, or happen to love to death.  It's not that hard.  People worked together prior to personality tests for years, and they'll work together for years after them.

Rob

• Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »

That's your opinion...
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

Alyss

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2009, 01:31:47 AM »

Ah, you should of come to my secondary school - teacher threw a chair at a kid once. And that was just a minor blip to us - they chucked stuff at us all the time ^.^
Chuck stuff back! That's fucking disgraceful!

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2009, 05:43:39 PM »

That's your opinion...

To be fair, Caddy may have implied an opinion, but she really stated facts. Some as they apply to her and others related to history. Well... there is a prediction of the future in there to, but it stands to reason.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

Alyss

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2009, 11:00:39 PM »

yeahm fuck you man!

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2009, 10:25:01 AM »

Chuck stuff back! That's fucking disgraceful!

Oh, no fear, we did.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »

That's your opinion...

To be fair, Caddy may have implied an opinion, but she really stated facts. Some as they apply to her and others related to history. Well... there is a prediction of the future in there to, but it stands to reason.

I do believe it's a fact that personality tests are glammed up generalizations about yourself, and how you might relate yourself to the world.  It's also a fact that they weren't used previously (because you worked together, or you died by starvation or other and etc.), and that at some point, they will no longer be applicable (societies fall apart), because it'll be work together or, well...die/starve/suffer/etc.

'Snot a hard concept.

Rob

• Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2009, 03:43:36 PM »

That's your opinion...

I do believe it's a fact that personality tests are glammed up generalizations about yourself, and how you might relate yourself to the world.  It's also a fact that they weren't used previously (because you worked together, or you died by starvation or other and etc.), and that at some point, they will no longer be applicable (societies fall apart), because it'll be work together or, well...die/starve/suffer/etc.

'Snot a hard concept.

fixed.

I thought you knew me...

:'(
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

Rob

• Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »

Dear Chloe,

Jennifer is no longer with us.  Not due to anything winter related.

Love,

Rob
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

Chloe

• Cosmic Dancer.
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2009, 03:55:57 AM »

:(
Just because your mom slept with her doesn't make her a lesbian.

Jester

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »

Hmm. We're into January now. I think January is the worst month of the year.
February also drags for me. But it's not as long so it leaves less of an imprint.

I know people haven't posted anything winter related for a while on this thread, but meh #i felt like sharing some 'interesting' person information.
It's pretty dirty business >__<
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]   Go Up