THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want some free music? Most of AFP's discography (as well as The Dolls, side-projects, and more) is available for free+donation on Bandcamp

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Down

Author Topic: winter  (Read 19785 times)

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
Re: winter
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 05:48:37 PM »

this time of year makes me want to die. i hate winter. the cold does not bother me as much as the depression that always comes with it. it seems to get worse every year.
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

old news

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »

^ you're in england. what do you expect? 10 mo; are winter, 1 mo; is spring and 1 mo; is autumn.

i want a heatwave. desperately.

But in England, we don't even get proper Winter. Apart from that snow we got a frw weeks ago, it's mostly grey skies and rain. I feel pathetic saying it's cold out when the American Widmest is buried under many feet of nsow. I wuld like to wintess a proper Winter sometime, since I find the cold and white beautiful (I always had mixed feelings when Narnia unfroze in TLTW&TW). That said, I love the Spring, especially blossom, which I think is one of the prettiest things in nature.

Alyss

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »

Fuck that! In Oxford, in early January, the forecast people said it was as cold as Moscow, and it bloody felt it! I got ice in my hair walking home from Kennigton in fog!

old news

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 07:12:51 PM »

Fuck that! In Oxford, in early January, the forecast people said it was as cold as Moscow, and it bloody felt it! I got ice in my hair walking home from Kennigton in fog!

As cold as Moscow in early January, not as cold as Moscow all Winter. Russia knows her Winter well, as Napoleon and Hitler found out.

We once had freezing fog in Northrn Gernamy and it was so beautiful and pretty and freezing, but otherworlly, like a fairytale in white. It did play merry mayhem with the flights from the airport, but somehow, we got Ryanair's bravest pilot and got home when the othe r pilots moved their flights elswehere to airports many hours away.

Briar La Boheme

• i wanna be (ON) yr
  • i double parked my panther.
    • briar against bubblegum youth
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 07:20:41 PM »

I only just discovered real winter. In Auckland, it never, ever, EVER snows. It barely gets below 10°C - if it does, we all complain about how cold it is.

I'm in Montreal now, and I have not gone a single day without seeing ice and/or snow, and I think the temperature has cracked zero maybe four or five times? It's a wake up call, for serious.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 07:32:21 PM »

It was nice today.  Lots of sun.  Pretty.

TeaTime

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 08:05:10 PM »

some michigan kids like winter and the snow. i am not one of them.
Love cannot express the idea of music, while music may give an idea of love. -Berlioz

Alyss

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 10:05:27 PM »

As cold as Moscow in early January, not as cold as Moscow all Winter. Russia knows her Winter well, as Napoleon and Hitler found out.
Honey, bearing in mind both that (a) I love you dearly and (b) I'm aware that most students are retards are need educating about everything, still:

Stop giving me fucking history lessons. No more 'as I studied Germany I know this' or 'you may be interested to know this' shit. I've got a whole library of relevant crap I can pull out and slap you with any time I please, but I don't, so don't you do it either. Russia is cold. No shit. Japan knows it's general state of mania well, as the USA found out. Mongolia knows its torture well, as the Russians found out. The Inquisition knew its zealousness well, as Holland found out. Cromwell knew his tactics well, as the Royalists found out. The Scottish knew their claymores well, as the English found out. Fuck off. ARRRRGH!

Russia also knows about domestic abuse, heavy drinking, elitism, suppression of the poor, ignorance, racism and premature death: why not fit that into your fucking historical quoting as well? Fuck you, and fuck everyone else.

[/rant]

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »

The above post can be summed up in terms of,

Quote from: Alyss

Alyss

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 10:45:16 PM »

Fuck you and all. I don't like being treated like an idiot.

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 10:51:09 PM »

I don't think anybody called you one.  *laughs*  I really do think some people have a tendency to over explain to other people, especially while they're in school and learning their subject.  Really, they just become really happy chihuahuas humping your leg about it, because they need to dump it on SOMEBODY.

85283-071

• tangentrification on a stick
  • M?ust We? Thro?b
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »

Holy flippin' wow! I didn't really detect a notable tone of condescension in Scattermoon's post. It was just sort of... chit chat.
...a little concerned about your sensibilities.

Rob

• Now I must go, Sean Hannity is on.
  • Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 12:20:59 AM »

You shut your ignorant mouth!
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 12:39:37 AM »

Holy flippin' wow! I didn't really detect a notable tone of condescension in Scattermoon's post. It was just sort of... chit chat.
Condescention,  like so  many things,  is in the mind of the reader/listener,
and since (as we have learned) Alyss' mind is full of scary things unknown
to the rest of the world, it's small wonder he detected condescension.

Ya know, Hitler had similar issues...  so maybe you, Alyss, really could be
head-of-state some day.   :)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

old news

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 02:55:04 AM »

Did you see mention of General Janvier? Did I talk about Napoleon's campaign? Did I mention how my grandfather was in one of the German batallions marching on Moscow in late 1941 and how he heard wolves around him at night? Did I say you didn't know this stuff? Did I call you ignorant? Does an aside come across as a lecture now just because it was a historical comment? Do I try ramming history down your throat every time I post? How many times has this happened before? Do you not think you are exaggerating, jumping at something that really isn't there?

Do you really want to burn the bridges that have been built?

All I was doing was adding a small point to show it's really cold in Russia all Winter long, because I don't think Winter here is much to freeze about. The alcohol also hadn't quite left my system, so I was perhaps a little chattier than usual. Blame me for that if it makes you feel better. I might rethink that letter now, which is a shame because I started writing it already.

I don't think anybody called you one.  *laughs*  I really do think some people have a tendency to over explain to other people, especially while they're in school and learning their subject.  Really, they just become really happy chihuahuas humping your leg about it, because they need to dump it on SOMEBODY.

I'm sorry. I'm actually not even studying that at the moment, so I don't have an excuse. I'll do my best not to talk about it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Up