THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the most important things you will ever do (as a fan of AFP, at least): Sign up for THE MAILING LIST!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The @amandapalmer twitter Q&A collective interview thread  (Read 39293 times)

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
Re: The @amandapalmer twitter Q&A collective interview thread
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 02:41:54 AM »

ASK AMANDA Q&A #LOFNOTC Edition (though it started after midnight) Saturday July 11, 2009

Amanda Says:
quality family time at an end, baby asleep. who's up for some late-late night #LOFNOTC? i'm game. it's only 11 boulder time.

Amanda Says:
let's just make it old school. ask me stupid and/or philosophical questions for a while & i'll do my best to answer you in 140 characters.

Amanda Says:
RT: ask amanda anything/#LOFNOTC in effect. tonight's theme: who fucking cares (just watched existentially emptying film)

But it's actually Midnight Boulder Time :[ #LOFNOTC
@lovesickfawna oh shit you're right. i haven't changed my computer clock. midnight is a good time for #LOFNOTC. fuck it.

if it's 4.14pm Saturday in Melbourne AU, do I still get to join in?
@hannahrochelle you can't join unless you are a powerful enough australian to make it friday IN YOUR MIND #LOFNOTC

what's the definition of "good"?
@XXsameen definition of "good"? is simply relative to the definition of "bad". neither actually exist. they are constructs of your ego .

overall, how would you say your 30s have progressed (so far)? #LOFNOTC
@lowercasejae you know, i didn't mind turning 30, because i managed to get my shit together in my late 20s. if i hadn't i'd've been SAD.

Amanda Says:
#LOFNOTC do not fear time

Amanda Says:
LOSERS OF FRIDAY NIGHT ON THEIR COMPUTERS do not fear ANYTHING #LOFNOTC

Why is it so hard to get over stuff? #LOFNOTC #bothphilosophicalandstupidquestion
@sylvia5th it is so hard because we attach ourselves to things. we do not let go. humans do that. #LOFNOTC.

What do you think is a stronger emotion... love or hate? #LOFNOTC
@ObscuredByCloud love and hate are the same thing, if it's the kind of love that has hate as it's opposite. they're equal. #LOFNOTC

I'm just out of a 15 year relationship. separation+on my own...it's been over a year now. mortified 2date again. advice
@vwesson give yourself all the time you need and don't assume that relationships are what make you whole or fulfilled. myth. #LOFNOTC

seriously and not superficially I ask, how are you? #LOFNOTC
@sourlullabies thanks for asking. i'm really tired. i have a headache. i feel drained. but i'm also happy. i am glad i came here

Amanda Says:
... i was supposed to go home to boston but came to my cousin's place instead. he's been having a rough time. he just

Amanda Says:
..broke up with his baby's mama & i wanted to represent. we had a long talk tonight. put things in perspective, that's for damn sure.

why is a sperm whale called a sperm whale? it looks nothing like a sperm. are the males incredibly potent or something?
@Mugsyface wiki says: "whale named after the milky-white waxy substance, spermaceti, found in its head and originally mistaken for sperm"

when's the last time you were shocked to your core?
@djsnow the last time i was shocked to my core was probably when my foto got run over by a car in belfast in september. it was shocking.

Amanda Says:
LOSERS OF FRIDAY NIGHT ON THEIR COMPUTERS DO NOT NEED TO MOVE A MILLIMETER IN ORDER TO JETSET #LOFNOTC

(seeing your tired, headache reply) when and where was the last time you took a real vacation? (with no secret gigs ect..)
@soapeater last time i took a real vacation? about 2 months ago when i went to neil's house for a week & went 100% offline. that was real.

Did you see yourself here in your early 20s? You carry yourself with so much confidence - did it just happen...?
@fusionofme no, it did not just happen. i was the most insecure wreck of a girl in my teenage years. it took a shitload of work. #LOFNOTC

Cute baby and picture. Would you want a baby of your own?
@gershwhen you know, i dunno about babies. i kind of really passionately love my life the way it is. children are all-consuming. #LOFNOTC

is there a such thing as being overconnected? Twitter/internet on cell phones,etc #LOFNOTC
@vieshnavi (hi doll!) connection doesn't necessarily mean Connection, if y'know what i mean. everything is a tool. what do you use it for?

Can't sleep, up worrying about apartment-hunting. Missing you and taking comfort in this group.
@MollyRobison hi honey. i, too, am taking comfort in this group. i came up with a new term today while answering interview questions...

Amanda Says:
..."emotional internet crowdsurfing". this is, as far as i'm concerned, exactly the practice i am engaging in at this very moment. #LOFNOTC

what's it like having fans ask for relationship/life advice?
@ShannonXL i don't know. it's just like this. what's it like asking? #LOFNOTC

did you see the pic of the tattoo I got for my birthday on tuesday? http://twitpic.com/9ndli #LOFNOTC
@ummm_Stacy yes, it's beautiful. and i hope it didnt' hurt too much. #LOFNOTC

what was the hardest personal moment of your music career????
@curt_mowery there wasn't a single one. i had some tours with brian that were really, really hard and frustrating. #LOFNOTC

Weißt du schon, ob du in Deutschland spielst? #LOFNOTC
@m0echtegern ich wiess noch nicht aber ich hoffe daß ich ein ninja-gig in regensburg (auf der jan insel) zusammenstellen kann. #LOFNOTC

you are at top 10 singers from a famous webpage here.(F)
@mariana_campos that is wonderful. mr. neil and i have a fantasy that we'll go to brazil together sometime. #LOFNOTC

also: how do you deal with negative people?
@tiaramerchgirl negative people? i avoid them. simple. #LOFNOTC

we r inspied by you&you seem to be inspired by us. what makes you keep going when you feel like there is nothing more to give
@krystlewallis when i feel empty like that i do things like this. #LOFNOTC

if you could give your fans one word of advice, what would it be?
@cyndaelle one word? love. #LOFNOTC

Should I get my septum pierced?
@acautionarytale um...no. #LOFNOTC

what's your relationship to 'blake' #LOFNOTC
@CallumSkene blake was an ex of mine who really liked david bowie and now is a living statue of an angel in harvard square. #LOFNOTC

how do i balance my quest for intimacy with my desire to create?
@beckastar they can be combined, it's not hard. look at this, was there ever a better example? #LOFNOTC

You have discovered a magic medium (twitter) and a magic time (now) and are making major magic. How is it evolving?
@oregonmac it's up to all of us how this evolves. we're in a magic slice of time right now. i can't know the answer to that, i shouldn't.

Also, what do you do when you run out of ideas? Or do you EVER run out of ideas? Artist's-block is hard to conquer. #LOFNOTC
@mimisaurus when i run out of ideas, i go back to life. #LOFNOTC

Why do you think that humans rely so heavily on music?
@Mattwyllie i think it was nietzsche that once said "all art aspires to the condition of music". i don't know. it plugs into the center.

Amanda says:
last call. AFP is about to brush her teeth, lay her head down and call her boyfriend. #LOFNOTC

Amanda says:
LOSERS OF FRIDAY NIGHT ON THEIR COMPUTERS DO NOT NEED MEANING TO EXIST IN HARMONY WITH SPACESHIP EARTH #LOFNOTC

Is the music industry blog still coming?
@charliewinter yes, it's still coming.

Just got home from TC queer women event, AFP came up (naturally) Mpls lesbos want to know: How many women have you slept with?
@Donogrl less than 20. don't ask me how many men. twitter only allows 140 characters.

Advice for the lonely? #LOFNOTC
@Energist advice for the lonely? know that you are not alone. there are a lot of us here in that boat; we're all alone together, you know.

Amanda says:
with that, i take my leave in a puff of internet smoke. i really love you guys. good night, my faithful losers, may you dream of rad things.

Amanda says:
ALL HAIL #LOFNOTC. the world is a better place for now because of our ability to randomly connect like this. love.

Amanda says:
i'm peeking back while i brush my teeth. i see we finally made the trending topics. GO US! score one for the losers. all hail #LOFNOTC
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 02:52:43 AM »

AMANDA ASKS TWITTER "What's wrong?" Q&A (sorta) Sunday July 26, 2009

Okay so this is a little backwards, but very interesting and even inspiring. Amanda posed a question, people answered it and Amanda responded to some with advice, thoughts, inspiration etc.

So even though this technically isn't a traditional twitter interview Amanda Q&A, it's still beautiful, worthwhile to archive and just goes to show how close twitter makes us. Role reversal, if you will. I am posting the original question that Amanda asked (which was "What's wrong?") and the answers only from people Amanda responded to.

Amanda says:
what's wrong?

Amanda says:
according to the @ replies, there is more wrong than there isn't this evening.

The lateness of the hour is not wrong, but my wakefulness coupled with my weariness feels wrong.
@Iko i tend only to ask what's wrong when i'm in the shit over here. i never know exactly what's wrong. that's why i'm asking you.

My ex is in town and keeps trying to talk to me. He broke up with me in the worst possible way.
@Mattwyllie how?

Life. Just when I thought I finally figured it all out, too. :( I shouldn't feel so old at 34.
@Russty and i shouldn't feel so old at 33. i think it's ok. but we should start a club.

I can't figure out which toothbrush is mine, and which is my wife's. It doesn't matter, right?
@mikeantos no, it doesn't matter. not if you french kiss and stuff.

for the first time in a long time, i can tell you that i am HAPPY. really and truly happy.
@inkonthepage i am so glad to hear that.

this is what's wrong. http://twitpic.com/bo7n5 i'm scared.
@tilde_ i don't think we can look to @mileycyrus for salvation at this point.

The sense that no matter what group/type of people I'm around, I stick out as the one who doesn't belong.
@music_geek this is a good time to start your own posse. even if it's just a posse of one.

Lonely. Wishing the world was more people who didn't care about looks. And less people who SAY they dont' care about look
@Chucke4711 people are afraid.

nothing's wrong so long as we know that you would care if something was wrong.
@BuoySirUs wow. that makes me feel good. and this is why i asked.

I have a new job working in Community Development around issues of homelessness & poverty in Oregon. What's wrong? Lots. ; (
@MitzyG i remember the extreme sorrow i felt when i walked over the bridge in portland and saw the huge suicide hotline signs. be brave.

Nothing's wrong at my end of the world, but thanks for asking. [= Loved your show at the Fire Arts Fest, btw. Will post pix.
@dockhorn ah. thank you. it felt like a fuckshow.

I can't get over the disconcerting feeling that I'm choking. Literally. I can't sing, it hurts to talk/eat and my docs SUCK.
@TheSarahBiz hydrate and sleep a lot.

nothing. I'M FUCKING AWESOME.
@oscardewinter and that, ladies and gentlemen, is a MIRACLE. somebody go wave a vagina puppet in his window or something.

Never thought to approach it that way, but I like. From now on I'm my own entourage.
@music_geek FUCK YES. and the internet is your own personal HBO special.

I cut my hand open on my stairs and I'm feeling sort of disconnected from things.
@midnight_faerie go read about da vinci and being ambidextrous. it'll change your mind.

I can't stand working with child abusers, I just want to rescue my patients (the kids) from them.
@grammar_panda i know that feeling. sometimes you feel like the pain of the world is suffocating you. staying present is hard.

I feel disconnected. Yesterday, I composed a letter to be read at a funeral I could not attend and I could not share myself.
@Iko i'm sorry. i once wiped into a snowbank on the way to a boyfriend's funeral. i pulled up as everyone was leaving the church. agony.

What's wrong? There aren't enough caring people like you in the world.
@kristinwrites there's you and there's me and there's everybody here. it's something.

..and he somehow still thinks I'll take him back.
@Mattwyllie ouch. that sound like an excellent relationship to stay the fuck away from forever.

tell me what isn't wrong
@spoofyboo what ISN'T wrong? look out your window at anything that isn't human. that's pretty ok.

I miss the freaks I worked with, I miss the artists and the fawn girls and the husband who is on a ship. Few weirdos in Japan.
@Losile i felt that way when i was in japan. even the subculture has a nasty hierarchy, and rules. i felt like an alien.

Im starting a band but I am pretty fkng neurotic. I dont want to rape this by totally sucking. My choice of words is charming.
@cardinaleyes ...but i know what you mean. one word of advice: listen to everybody else. like, really really listen. it works.

I have a secret that can't stay hidden forever. I am scared of the reaction I'll get when I inevitably have to reveal it.
@insignifikunt no time like the present.

I'm 23, and feel as though I'm stuck in a horrible cycle, which has ultimately made life increasingly depressing as of late.
@xShaNINx there is almost nothing that you can't walk away from. your mind hangs onto a lot.

And due to my mom being a horrible woman, along with forcibly estranging me from her side, I can't see my baby sister. She's 3
@Totz_the_Plaid oh, man. that blows. i'm sorry.

I really appreciate the advice, btw. It has been seriously scary.
@TheSarahBiz you're welcome. i like it when the internetz becomes warm. i feel lonely and weird tonight.

Amanda says:
heading off to bed. glad to be away from comic-con. might ask hyla from @hairmachine to take my place at the #wanderlust gig tomorrow.

Amanda says:
i love all you guys. whatever's wrong tonight, it'll change by tomorrow, for better or worse. sleep well, be safe, feel not alone. xxzzzz
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Lani

• I am composed of around 90% biscuit dough.
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 05:49:38 AM »

Thanks for doing this, I hate using twitter!
I have a little art blog at: www.laniarts.blogspot.com

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »

Amanda did another twitter Q&A yesterday. I'll compile the new one tomorrow, unless someone else wants to do it today :)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Sarah Doll

• An Irresistible Reject
  • Gave into fear and chose life undercover
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »

Amanda did another twitter Q&A yesterday. I'll compile the new one tomorrow, unless someone else wants to do it today :)

Darn, I was online, like, all day yday :buck2: aww... mebbe next time
This is a wonderful thread. Thanks Hayley! :)

Oh, how delightful
Don't mind if I do
Help myself to a cup of this Broken Heart Stew

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »

ASK AMANDA Q&A: The "It's Been Awhile" Edition Monday September 28, 2009

Amanda Says:
i haven't done a twitter Q&A for a while. hit me.

We've been wondering why you always cover up the brand name on your keyboard?
@mejakubik it's not so much about covering up the brand as as it is loving kurt weill. guitar players traditionally do that with amps.

when will you do a tour in england?
@MagdaPowerTrap i think i'll be touring in the UK again this spring with the Evelyn sisters.

When are we going to receive the personalized AFP DVD's?
@hom0milk the webcast DVDs will be getting mailed out in about 7 days, god willing, they got waylayed in a cross-continental SNAFU

What's your favorite city in the world and why?
@kristenmchugh22 melbourne. perfect everything: people, weather, food, art.

where do you get all of your stockings/socks/tights?
@fusionofme i'm a big fan of sockdreams.com, you can pretty much find everything you need there.

Is there ever going to be a way for us in the US to be able to see @neilhimself's silent movie?
@cyndaelle i am hoping that @neilhimself's silent movie will find it's way online shortly after getting aired on sky tv (this x-mas)

how did you and Jason meet the Evelyn sisters anyway? Also, I love you, but that's not a question.
@neilhimself aw. @jasonwebley & found the Evelyn sisters online. someone sent me a link to their myspace page. they had posted a...

Amanda Says:
...ukulele cover of the overture from "jesus christ superstar" and i was sold. so was jason. (i love you too).

I'm part of a Rocky Horror Picture Show cast. What would you would think about me using Oasis as a pre-show performance?
@moon_boots i think that would be awesome.

will you ever come to Atlanta?!?
@AmyEllisRevolt dude. drive to chapel hill or knoxville.

Any chance you might add a DC tour date?
@Vixxenkiss falls church, VA, is basically in DC. come to that one.

What are your thoughts on Warped Tour?
@androgynous_boy you know, i was invited to play warped tour last year and turned it down. i've never been. but with a band, i might.

Will you ever tour South America??? I've lived in Peru for the last 2 yrs and would love to see you again! You have fans here!
@amylimena i would love to. @neilhimself and i have talked about going together, since he's a SEX SYMBOL there.

Also, where did you get your uke from? I want one. Kinda.
@strickenlament i bought my ukulele for $19.95 in daddy's junky music in boston, MA. still haven't changed the strings.

do you wear perfume? any recommendations?
@siren223 hell yes. go visit black phoenix alchemy lab.

how would you go about dealing w/ a borderline neurotic roommate?
@Rickola1 i once had to do that. i just moved the fuck out. pointless to fight.

what book are you loving at the moment? :)
@witicoos i'm currently reading "fathers" by herbert gold (@arigoldfilms's dad). it's wonderful.

when is the last time you drew something?
@sylviaaa_k the last time i DREW something...wow. a while ago. it was in russia. i made a drawing of the evelyn twins.

for those who aren't in the HOB crowd, will you be selling tickets for your party on new year's eve?
@quidnescias oh hell yes. as soon as new years tickets are on sale, you'll know.

what is your favourite BPAL *EXCLUDING* your own line?
@minimal23 i love the BPAL cathouse spray. it's for houses, but i use it on me.

And one other question: How did the Dresden Dolls manage to open for Nine Inch Nails? Who contacted who, etc
@Trentskers trent reznor saw our video for "girl anachronism" online and loved it. his management emailed us for the tour.

whatever happened to my mixing bowl from when you played at the TLA in philly last year. silly question, i know.
@TeAnarchy chances are your mixing bowl ended up living forever at the TLA. maybe i'll find it on this next tour. i'm playing there again.

QUESTION, @killhannah's new album (that you kick ass on) is out tomorrow. Will you tweet about it's release?
@dravenreborn i will indeed. HEY EVERYBODY: @killhannah's record comes out tomorrow and i sing on it. (& i'll remind you tomorrow).

Should you stick to art forms you know, or try everything even if you lack talent?
@adonisinfurs i think artists should try to stretch themselves into other areas outside their forte as much as they feel the impulse to.

Amanda Says:
there are no rules

Which famous person would you like to play in a biopic?
@KarinAvital i'd love to play mae west.

As a teenager, growing up, who were your idols?
@hollowpromisesx teenage heroes in chron. order: prince, cyndi lauper, robert smith (the cure), edward ka-spel (legendary pink dots).

What's your favourite thing about being a musician?
@skwyd42 my favorite thing about being a musician changes. lately: having the liberty to talk to anyone i want.

Removed by user
@GooseHonk i love and collect them. make sure to post it on the forum (theshadowbox.net).

Why the Roadrunner deal? I never understood that one.
@nggalai why i signed with roadrunner is a good (long) story and i will tell it soon in a long blog.

Amanda Says:
LAST CALL

have you ever read Weetzie Bat? if not... Francesca Lia Block is an top-notch awesome YA author.
@gavia1 yes! i read Weetzie Bat long ago. love FLB.

What is the best venue you've played in? Was it the best because of acoustics, attitude, architecture, audience...?
@rocketrobby i really love the great american music hall in san francisco. great everything. stubb's, in austin, also primo.

If you're too many drinks deep at a bar and confronted with a jukebox with every song ever... what one song do you pick?
@pwopah would depend on whether i was too drunk to dance. but probably something by the cure or the smiths.

Ok I'll ask it. You guys gonna get hitched? :)
@AbahJake i will only marry @neilhimself when he can provide me with an adequate number of nigerian dwarf goats. (that's a lot of goats.)

Account locked by user
@millarca yes. i will be your fucking friend. END OF Q&A, RESUMING REAL LIFE/. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx afp
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

stallionbreaker

• whose real name is Anna
  • Après moi le deluge
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2009, 12:32:13 PM »

Removed by user
@GooseHonk i love and collect them. make sure to post it on the forum (theshadowbox.net).
This was a question about fan parodies of her songs and how she feels about them.

Thanks again for compiling, Hayley!
you're obviously not gonna die,
so why not take your chances and try?

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2009, 01:00:24 PM »

Removed by user
This was a question about fan parodies of her songs and how she feels about them.

Thanks again for compiling, Hayley!

No problem!

Thanks for the context tip for the missing Q! :)
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 10:50:18 PM »

ASK AMANDA Q&A: Break from Unpacking & Cleaning her Apartment - Saturday October 3, 2009

Amanda Says:
taking a break for a twitter Q&A and a beer. hit me. i'm feeling bizarre.

What kind of beer?
@Eviey harpoon IPA, baby

Can you fit your entire fist in your mouth?
@newageamazon no, i can't. i've got a HUGE mouth but my hands are also man-sized. what you gonna do.

How did you ukulele gig in Dublin airport go? I was regretfully nowhere near the airport. Am playing ukulele now, though
@stephen_normal that ukulele ninja gig in dublin was a theoretical one in my head. :)

how bad did that diaper smell?
@Kathleeniee you know, the diaper didnt' smell. i think it was only a pee diaper.

who's your favorite breakfast club character/why?
@norarebecca fucking john bender. i wanted to marry him when i was like 9.

have you seen this yet? my sister and i made it. http://bit.ly/oOjHo
@emilysnaps i just watched some of it, thank you.... it's great. i miss the sound of the audience, though....

You always have to travel on the cheap. What was the most uncomfortable place you slept in the past year?
@Estrella_Mar the most uncomfortable place you slept in the past year?) paris. slept on a cushionless couch because jeff got the cushions.

When do you think you think you'll be in Australia again?
@JamieWrites i'm coming to australia for most of february and a little more.

You get one superpower. What would it be?
@pineapple55 (pick one superpower) i would love to be able to make people be brutally honest. like, turth serum from my laser beam.

what's your favorite crayola crayon color?
@trouble1130 burnt sienna. i just like saying it.

do you think you'll collaborate with writers on more books in the future? Any plans to do any prose writing yourself?
@sharpest_rose yes...i think at some point in the next few years i should sit my ass down and write a proper book. fuck this twitter shit.

Q&A huh? Ok...How does it feel to have such a seemingly public relationship?
@phenger good question. you know, @neilhimself & i both live in public, so it isn't too weird. but there's a LOT we don't share.

would you consider a duet with Peaches if the oppurtunity arose?
@go_maze HA. i've actually already done a little schtick with peaches. she sang "war pigs" with us long ago: http://bit.ly/41w9Vj

Amanda Says:
@go_maze she also sang me happy birthday in yiddish. but you'll have to dig for that one.

Do you come into keepsakes frequently on tour? (From fans, venue, etc) does anything particular come to mind?
@Kerr1ck i pick up so much on tour it's ridic. that's why cleaning&unpacking is such a trip. sometimes i have 5 boxes of unsorted flotsam.

Are you going to be at SXSW this year?
@squidella nope, i won't be at SXSW. i'll be in new zealand around then, i think.

are you happy?
@Snaaa yes. i am happy. are you happy?

Anyplans to come back to Texas in the near future?? And, I vote iPhone the best phone, what do you think??
@tracie_mae currently using a google phone (got it for free) and an iPhone to see which i like better. tough call. typing on iPhone BLOWS.

What's the best bit about being back in Boston?
@stallionbreaker honestly, best part of being back in boston is having a routine & sense of stopping. plus daily yoga down the street.

What's your opinion, as an artist, on this business? http://www.mp3panda.com ...seriously.
@EvanHurst ick. hadn't heard of it and just scanned it briefly but the graphics are terrible and it looks idiotic.

What's the last movie you watched?
@Kinky_Turtle watched "the hangover" & "rataouille" on the plane home. the first was funny, but not life-changing. the latter made me cry.

Amanda Says:
LAST CALL

How many questions a minute do you get during these Q&As?
@Gogocasey02 i've been getting more questions than i can read, if that answers your question :) you can do a search in tweetdeck & check.

How do you find time to digest new music when making your own? I feel guilty that I'm consuming less as I'm out playing more.
@krisis that's really common. i BARELY listen to new music, only a small fraction of what i used to. i don't feel guilty about it anymore.

or ... what's yer fave CURE album?
@erenshmerin favorite cure album....toss up between boys don't cry and disintegration. seventeen seconds & faith as a pair are also godly.

How goes getting dropped?
@BurlyQEinstein getting dropped goes slow & painful but possibly good news around the corner. it kills me to not be able to talk about it.

Amanda Says:
all right. i'm going back to my epic cleaning party. xxxxxxxxxxa
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »

if amanda followed

http://twitoaster.com/

it would make more entries to this thread easier
(assuming i understand how twitoaster works ... ; - )
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 09:25:20 PM »

ASK AMANDA Q&A: One Very Jetlagged Amanda Has Some Time To Spare Before a Gig- Monday November 2, 2009

Amanda Says:
just found out the gig information was wrong & i'm an hour ahead of schedule. which means i'm in full-make up in my apartment, in silence.

Amanda Says:
i am too fucking jetlagged to do anything remotely productive in my apartment, so i will do a twitter Q&A. hit me.

Amanda Says:
please RT: due to jetlag/misinformation/ignorance of daylight savings/braindeadness, AFP is doing a live twitter Q&A right NOW

What was the last song/album you've listened to?
@gennyLinn the last album i listened to was "sainthood" (by @theteganandsara), while jogging in singapore two days ago

When will you visit Belgium again?The last time I saw you was with The Dresden Dolls @ Pukkelpop, good times!
@stefstick i'm hopefully going to do another european tour sometime next year.

perfect pizza?
@solarpowerspork perfect pizza = thin crust, fresh sauce, broccoli, pineapple

What's your greatest fear?
@juliansharifi i have a bizarre fear of drowning

What is your favorite work of @neilhimself?
@robozippy i've only put a dent in @neilhimself's huge collection of writing, but so far my fav is "smoke and mirrors", his short stories

do you really like My Little Pony?
@uzhasno actually no. of all the ponies out there, my little pony is my least favorite. they freak me out. i like more REALISTIC ponies.

when are you coming to Brazil?
@pistelias neil and i have talked about trying to come to brazil together, since he's huge down there. keep fingers crossed not sure when.

Did you do much theater when you were in college?
@BrassyCassy actually i avoided the theater department in college, mostly because i was rejected early on and felt out of place there.

Brecht or Weill?
@FenlandGent brecht AND weill. on their own each not as good. very lennon/mccartney situation in my opinion. they balanced each other.

how do you deal with being sad?
@ngonzales the only way to deal with being sad is to let yourself be as sad as you need to be. if you fight it, you stay there.

dear amanda, how was the sushi?
@tidal_wave the sushi was...C+ sushi.

do you ever yell or scream at people who make you angry? i just did and would feel alot better if you do too.
@hollyroxy i really try not to. i think the last person i screamed at was brian, years ago, when i lost my temper. not good, ever ever.

when are you coming back to Australia? I missed out last time x(
@kaelee i'm coming to australia in february for a few months. at least that's the plan.

If one were a complete newbie with your music, what should one start with? Assume one is un-cool and needs a gateway CD
@onesockshort if you're totally new, i would start with Who Killed Amanda Palmer, then get the first dolls CD (self-titled).

amanda, why didn't you go to hk on your asian trip?? i don't live there now, but still have friends who are DYING to see you
@discoballs actually, after my visit to singapore i'm now dying to get to hong kong. @meowtopia is always raving about her shows there

how easy (or hard!) is it to meet you before/after concerts?
@sarahnade_me it's 98% easy to meet me after a show, since i almost always sign. you just need to be ready to hang out & wait.

what was the most disturbing thing you ate on your trip?
@lovehound HA. well, the most disturbing foods in china were the steamed chicken feet and various testicles. but i avoided them....

Amanda says:
..i DID order a vegetarian "mock" pig intestine. which tasted, unsurprisingly, like tofu. we were often guests, there was much bizarre food.

(question removed by user)
@mistressmousey the corset i'm currently sporting is from http://www.darkgarden.com/ in san fran. i'm an 8.

what's your favourite Bowie song?
@sourceamnesia space oddity.

you recommended "the end of Mr. Y" on myspace....excellent read....any other recs?
@IF44 if you wander over to my myspace i always have a few recommended books. right now i'd recommend anything by paul auster.

Have you considered collabing with the Tiger Lillies? I think it would be awesome.
@karohemd funny. i actually saw and hung out with the tiger lillies in scotland in august. we might try to double-team a show in russia.

Do you have a favorite place in the world? If so, where?
@EnglishNerd i have two favorite cities: new york and melbourne.

Do you get along with Cabal and vice versa? Do you like him? Does he see you as part of the Gaiman Gaggle now?
@gevmage according to @neilhimself, cabal has taken an official liking to me, since he does not bark like mad when i hug his master.

do you like Pink Floyd? What is your favorite album?
@FaraStar love pink floyd. the wall, over everything else by FAR. hugely formative record & film for me as a teenager.

I read an interview (in @coilhouse) where Margaret Cho said she thinks beauty is a decision. Does that resonate with you?
@vonvolkova i think saying "beauty is a decision" is very wise. then again, @margaretcho is a very wise woman.

Turn the world into a nudist colony. Yay or nay?
@pugaroo no. if we turned the world into a nudist colony suddenly, all the poor men would live in fear of their unwanted visible erections.

where did you first meet @neilhimself?
@FaraStar i was e-intorduced by my good friend @jasonwebley to @neilhimself, who had found jason through this clip: http://bit.ly/ZS5kR

WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK TO THE UK?! :D
@aaalex555 NICE USE OF CAPSLOCK. CAPSLOCK FTW. I AM COMING BACK TO THE UK THIS SPRING WITH @JASONWEBLEY AND EVELYN EVELYN. THANK YOU.

as an artist very much involved in the digital revolution, what online tools do you prioritize your time on besides twitter?
@KennethMBBC i restrict most of my iphone/mac time to twitter & email. i also check in on theshadowbox.net & scan myspace, blogs & youtube.

What are you reading right now?
@ShannonXL right now i'm reading "singapore, a biography". http://bit.ly/fzzjv gorgeous cover artwork, too.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
@bobwait EWE!!! EWE!!! EWE CAHN"T HAVE ANY POOTING IF YOU DOONT EAT YER MEAT!!!

Do you have to draw your (awesome!) eyebrows on every day, or are they tattooed? I've always wondered about that.
@callista they are drawn on. go watch the girl anachronism video for a visual.

Do you have a comfort food?
@LaurenMaeO @kevdog wow, practically the same question BAM BAM. probably a nice fattening salmon benedict. with shrimp pad thai on top.

Newb here, will be seeing you for 1st time in Philly. What can I expect to c as far as playlist? Dresden Dolls, AP, new stuff?
@DynamiteKidd on tour lately i've been playing a combo of dolls songs, AFP songs, covers and chatting endlessly

Any update on the label war? Is this delaying the release of new material? (or will it?)
@gregorymatthew the label war is looking good, actually. stay tuned. it's been fucking dragging on forever. i'm so sick of it.

if a giant asteroid was headed towards earth, what would you do?
@squidwizard how much time did i have before the asteroid hit?

will you be coming back to tasmania next year? :D
@megbriant i will almost definitely hit tasmania while in oz this year. i just need to find a much better venue. :)

And what do you know about Visigoth culture?
@ShannonXL i tend to run screaming from anything involving the g word

I wrote a song about you. What's the best way to send it to you?
@MikeDiGrande you should send anything like that to art at amandapalmer dot net

When do you intend on releasing a new album?
@Cillinface the next album i'm involved with is coming out this spring. it's the Evelyn Evelyn record i co-produced with @jasonwebley.

List of recommended things to do in Boston? I live here now and you'd probably know a ton of cool stuff. <3
@MissxSpookiness the holy trinity: cafe pamplona, cafe algiers, caffe vittoria. good luck. bring a book.

have you ever read 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower'? Amazing book.
@aaalex555 yep, read it and liked it. didn't LOVE it. but really liked it.

may i suggest a new artist to you? thao with the get down stay down. her debut "we brave beestings and all" is stellar
@nicholsbp listening to her on myspace right now. sounds really nice. thanks for the recommendation.

Making a list of places I have never done an author visit: Russia. Turkey. India. Most of Eastern Europe. Greece. Mexico. Any suggestions? (note: Neil did not tweet this to Amanda she just replied to his general question in the middle of her twitter Q&A)
@neilhimself moon, please, but just for a quick visit.

is there any chance of you ever doing a studio recording of Breakfast Summit?
@janarrah that song never felt quite real, so chances are i'll never re-record it. never know though. sometimes i think i'd like to spend-

Amanda says:
-a week and just record all of my not-so-good-and-unloved songs and put them out of a 100-song USB stick.

oh, and I'd love to hear you work with Nick Cave. (:
@Cillinface i'm getting to INTERVIEW nick cave next month, re: his work on "the road" soundtrack. i'm so excited i could pee.

RE: asteroid - let's say we all had 3 days advance notice.
@squidwizard ok, three days before asteroid. i'd probably spend a lot of time walking around seeing what the rest of the world was doing..

Amanda says:
...and probably i'd head FIRST to the whole foods down the street and join in the looting.

when and why did you start drawing on your eyebrows?
@lilblackboxx i shaved them off for a marlene dietrich costume back in 2000. then i drew them in and liked it so much it stuck.

did you ever do the blog about body hair? I was thinking I had missed it...
@dreamijo i didn't. the body hair blog would be a good one. someday i'll get around to it. i could condense it here: BEAUTY STANDARD=FUCKED

Did you ever hear from Christopher Lydon, post success?
@hunterlionheart totally! christopher lydon heard about the song through various folks, took me out to dinner (!) & we still email.

Are there any songs you will no longer play?
@Blastosaurus some songs i just don't *like* playing live, since they're tricky (modern moonlight, the jeep song). by the way, i told...

Amanda says:
...neil about your comics and will show them off if i get a chance next time he's here. he'd like 'em.

Amanda says:
LAST CALL

what's your favorite song from sainthood?
@iggy1110 i think "on directing" and "hell" are my favorites.

Sweet! You ever hear any of Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree's music? Awesome songwriter.
@hunterlionheart actually ran into the guys in porcupine tree in a boston bar once, and we realized we were on the same label in europe.

boxers or briefs?
@HellaRad boxerbriefs.

WILL YOU TEACH ME THE WAYS OF AWESOME?
@idoanknow YOU ARE ALREADY ON YOUR WAY TO AWESOME WITH YOUR SAVVY USE OF CAPS LOCK

I'm 20 today, what changes?
@Hannah672 nothing changes that wouldn't be changing anyway. it's just a bullshit birthday. enjoy it!

Amanda says:
enjoy your evenings, wonderful twitterfolk. i'll send word about the gig. now...to the jetlag wine cure! http://twitgoo.com/4nvd4
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 10:10:35 PM »

LONG LIVE RANDOM TWITTER Q&A - December 6, 2010

This time Amanda RT'd the original questions, so you can read her answers to see what was asked. AND twitter has changed since the last time I archived this, so this time it has allowed me to copy and paste her tweets from her feed, which saves A LOT OF time, let me tell you!
I've formatted the tweets a bit, but left the time markers so you can see the progression - this should be read from the bottom up

amandapalmer
i love you. you all make me so happy. long live random twitter q&a. #Over&Out
17 minutes ago

amandapalmer
never. only love. x RT @NotoriousTIMP just annoying to have to scroll through 30+ tweets while trying to read the others. No hard feelings?
18 minutes ago

amandapalmer
drank it. RT @KwanTi Did you get to have any ofthe wine I left for you last night of EE in LA or did @southships & your merchgirl drink it?
20 minutes ago

amandapalmer
nope, nothing planned. but expect ninja gig action RT @dalebaldwin Other than MONA are you doing any other gigs in Tasmania in January?
21 minutes ago

amandapalmer
the dolls opened up for nine inch nails in mexico city, but that's it. i will come. RT @zesat1 have you ever tried to do a show in Mexico?
22 minutes ago

amandapalmer
month-old menstrual blood from a sealed mason jar. art project. don't ask. RT @Justdusted what's the worst thing you have ever smelt?
23 minutes ago

amandapalmer
hug or ignore them. RT @alicedunaway What do you do when someone makes it their goal to put you down?
24 minutes ago

amandapalmer
the silence after takes. RT @UnionTreeReview What is the one thing you find most difficult about recording?
25 minutes ago

amandapalmer
yes. RT @ThiinkBubble do you love me?
25 minutes ago

amandapalmer
coober pedy, in australia. its underground & HOT. RT @AlecHosterman where is one place that you haven't visited yet that you want to go to?
26 minutes ago

amandapalmer
in bed after the halloween @dresdendolls show in NYC. RT @Scarletinblue last time you cryed aloud like a little girl?
26 minutes ago

amandapalmer
floss. RT @self_portrait Advice? ..... of any kind?
27 minutes ago

amandapalmer
last call
27 minutes ago

amandapalmer
twitter has no rules. RT @NotoriousTIMP Someone needs to teach @amandapalmer how to use Twitter correctly.... #annoyed
28 minutes ago

amandapalmer
@whoaitslaur hellzyeah. it is my huge fucking fortune to have one of the most intelligent, hilarious, caring & hip fanbases on the planet.
29 minutes ago

amandapalmer
yes. a lot. RT @pragmatiste does talking with us help?
33 minutes ago

amandapalmer
almost definitely! RT @sarahejewell Any chance of Canberra being part of tour this time? My work doesn't recognise Australia/Invasion Day
33 minutes ago

amandapalmer
you're awesome! surprise me. RT @bookgrrl What book do you want for your wallet? I'm still going to make you a replacement!
34 minutes ago

amandapalmer
yes. i promise. college was my most lonely time by a factor of hundreds. wait. RT @lilblackboxx Will things get less lonely after college?
35 minutes ago

amandapalmer
first record: rant n rave with the stray cats. first tape: prince...purple rain. RT @m0drnmoonlight What was the first album you bought?
37 minutes ago

amandapalmer
i think im just tired & needed more of a break before the australian craziness started. RT @OnyxWitch why are you unhappy?
38 minutes ago

amandapalmer
the bed song. RT @jamie311 What's your favorite song that you've written but haven't yet released on an album?
39 minutes ago

amandapalmer
the oz/nz tour will announced SOONish. a week? ish. RT @jennybel75 Whe are you going to tell us the rest of your Australian tour dates?
39 minutes ago

amandapalmer
that's like asking if people need each other. RT @MapTheMusic do you think fans and musicians need each other? feel better by the way!
41 minutes ago

amandapalmer
salvador dali's mustache would take it RT @ThreePartJoke who would win in a fight between Hitler's mustache and Lincoln's beard?
44 minutes ago

amandapalmer
fucking. for real. RT @KaysoDias what's your favorite word to say out loud?
49 minutes ago

amandapalmer
the "how to shoot somebody" line, "hallelujah". always cry. RT @Forensicgirl83 lyrics that have affected you most over your life thus far?
49 minutes ago

amandapalmer
totally into it. RT @ianlhayes How do you feel about the fact that you're going to die?
51 minutes ago

amandapalmer
cabaret fairly rocked my world. & producing tristans record. RT @electricityska What is the most fulfilling venture you've been involved in?
52 minutes ago

amandapalmer
thanks for asking. i'm really kind of unhappy and cold and slightly unhinged. how are you? RT @SirShainder How are you?
54 minutes ago

amandapalmer
i accept change, do yoga, find friends & pour moar wine. RT @Ashii_ When you feel absolutely defeated,how you do you conquer the negativity?
55 minutes ago

amandapalmer
very very rarely. i often need 3-4 years before I can go back to an album of my own. RT @x99karl how often do you listen to your own music?
57 minutes ago

amandapalmer
i'd love to tend bar with both of them RT @CinfullyWicked Have you ever worked (or want to work) with Regina Spektor or Kate Miller-Heidke?
58 minutes ago

amandapalmer
spend time alone in large open spaces. RT @lacedtight What do you wish you got to do more often?
59 minutes ago

amandapalmer
i often fall into bodies of water & lose everything. RT @goldfishopinion Is there anything that recurs in your dreams w/out explanation?
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
mozart, beatles, neutral milk hotel. RT @Aigner20 if you could organize your own music festival, what bands? Money and pulse do not matter.
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
two pairs of socks, two pairs of pants, many shirts and i'm STILL fucking freezing. #KillWinter RT @kisbest What are you wearing?
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
no, but i can remind you to ignore the beauty standard. RT @ghostinmarble Can you teach me to be beautiful?
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
i did! megan from secret service. hired her yesterday! RT @little_sparrows find an Australian publicist? I gave Pammi from GNW some names!
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
soon. " goes down under", all australia/NZ themed, is out in jan/feb RT @jenntegt When is your next album coming out?
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
are you kidding? i travel so much i cant even have a relatively non-commital cactus. RT @LadyGiallo do you have any pets?
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
today ive had my duet with tristan (janos vs wonderland) stuck in there. RT @popplers What song do you have stuck in your head?
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
honestly? neil has. RT @FebruaryStar02 Who has inspired you most in the past 5 years? (Anyone at all.)
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
yes. yesterday and today, actually. RT @Javotron did you ever feel lack of growth as a musician? I love you btw
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
i speak german fluently and relatively shit French. RT @liprincess1891 What languages other than English do you speak, if any?
1 hour ago

amandapalmer
ask me something.
1 hour ago
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

meganpaige

• has 74 Indja Points.
  • I am a delicious boat.
    • twitter
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 10:27:03 PM »

TWITTER Q&A - December 6, 2010

amandapalmer
honestly? neil has. RT @FebruaryStar02 Who has inspired you most in the past 5 years? (Anyone at all.)
1 hour ago

Yay, that's me! My favorite part was that it prompted a reply from Neil where he told her he loves her.

My favorite response was about the lyrics to Hallelujah. So great.

Thanks for archiving this, Hayley!
"nobody's going to come up to you and tell you to stop cuddling a monk and put your seatbelt on and while i'm over here what the fuck are you doing cuddling this monk?" - amanda fucking palmer

orlybee

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »

i really hate the shit that amanda is putting out lately..feel let down i only became a fan a year or two ago.listened to everything that  she on her own did and dolls had done .taught she was a proper muscian ..have totally gone off her

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2011, 08:38:27 AM »

i really hate the shit that amanda is putting out lately..feel let down i only became a fan a year or two ago.listened to everything that  she on her own did and dolls had done .taught she was a proper muscian ..have totally gone off her

the new songs amanda started playing on the June mini-tour,
and she is now playing on the Europe tour,
should be more to your liking

the album is still a ways in the future
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up