THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The @amandapalmer twitter Q&A collective interview thread  (Read 38318 times)

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
  • WKAP is in the Black 9s of WHRW's record library
    • hayleyfiasco.com
Re: The @amandapalmer twitter Q&A collective interview thread
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2011, 09:01:02 PM »

Q&A From Down Under - December 26, 2011

Amanda Palmer
ask me anything.

Amanda Palmer
pot cookie, months ago. didn't agree with me at all. i'm allergic to pot nowadays RT @NixieQueta when was the last time you did/tried drugs?

Amanda Palmer
@ohrohin i think your parentheses answered your own question. you'll be fine. keep fucking writing.

Amanda Palmer
ooh good one. i think it was "risky business". still a classic. RT @a_willhoff what was the first rated R movie you ever saw?

Amanda Palmer
when i'm afraid. RT @queltica when do you find yourself being judgemental?

Amanda Palmer
wonderfully, thanks for asking. in melbourne on a sunnywarm day....procrastinating. (can't you tell?) RT @vessiot How's it going?

Amanda Palmer
the left hand of darkness, by ursula k leguin. recommended by my host, peter nicholls. RT @sanarose what's on your reading list right now?

Amanda Palmer
oh hell yes. sometimes awkward & weird. sometimes wonderfully sexy. RT @tjayres have you ever had a threesome?

Amanda Palmer
@haleynoir yes'm. cloves used to be my cigarette of choice before i quit (at 25). i used to carry two packs at once: cloves & sherman MCDs.

Amanda Palmer
tie. great american music hall, in san fran, or the forum in melbourne. or stubb's, in austin, TX. RT @Kat_Rose22 favorite venue to play at?

Amanda Palmer
for that, you're going to need to wait for the autobiography. RT @missmorganwho what about more than three?

Amanda Palmer
midnight in paris. last night. four times. RT @ChasingTheGhost What was the last film that made you cry?

Amanda Palmer
LAST CALL

Amanda Palmer
tender. RT @jaketeacher One word to describe @neilhimself

Amanda Palmer
many times. RT @slagfable wait, better question: have you ever cried during sex?

Amanda Palmer
what did the fish say when it swam into the wall? RT @HeDrankStars Best joke you've ever heard?

Amanda Palmer
DAM! RT @jaketeacher What did that fish that ran into the wall say?

Amanda Palmer
almost never. RT @electricityska Do you watch television?

Amanda Palmer
und, SCHLUSS! thanks for wonderful questions....i head into my work afternoon & practice day more openhearted. LOVE.

Retweeted by Amanda Palmer
@HeDrankStars @amandapalmer Three old ladies were sat on a bench. A stripper ran past. One had a stroke, the other two couldn't reach.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 09:49:07 PM »

Q&A on a break from Recording - March 24, 2012

All quotes below from Amanda's twitter feed. This time around, she RT'd questions before answering them, so read the text after "RT" to see the question she is replying to.

ask me something

gaffer. always. stronger & easier to remove. RT @Morbidorable do you prefer duct tape or gaffer's tape?

yes. still on the mend but voice is mostly back. still have a bit of a cough. thanks for asking. RT @vessiot Feeling any better today?

funny you should ask. today or tomorrow, we attack it. RT @HailThePages have you recorded The Bed Song yet during these sessions?

with a passion. drinking a fine green tea in @amsterdamstreet café as we speak. RT @capeswish Do you like tea?

no. luckily, i think. RT @BurnettRM Did you read SANDMAN prior to meeting Neil?

dunno. 12? 14? 15 tops. RT @HailThePages how many songs are you thinking will make the album?

not from robert. but i didn't need one. RT @andrearosef did you ever get any response to your open letter to Robert Smith??

amadeus. wings of desire. santa sangre. murder by death. 32 short films about glen gould RT @jolenemeghan 5 movies that I should rent/find ?

the brand new one! postwartrade.com  RT @Moonsweetie What is your favorite t-shirt in the Postwar Trade shop right now?

MOAR SYNTHESIZER. RT @wtfjohnnyboy how does this album differ from wkap?

about 11. RT @WeeCo how many songs on the record are new or haven't been heard before?

MY life? or ONE'S life? doesnt matter. answer = fuck no. RT @sodthemachine Is your life really as perfect as it often seems from the outset?

the hour-by-hour discovery/revelation of how talented/smart my band is RT @GallifreyGhost best thing in your life at this exact moment?

compared to the other big 3 i've made... its about an 8 or 9. RT @GDgirl80 on a scale of 1-10 how much fun is this album?

LAST CALL

for everyone asking I I'm coming to Mexico/Vancouver/Indiana/etc/etc..the answer is probably YES, sometime in late 2012 or 2013. mega tour.

hmm...probably 3 or 4. RT @HayleyFiasco curious, how many of those 11 unheard new songs have a twitter sourced lyric?

oh FUCK yes. and with that - i go to cut vocals. i love you guys. xxxxxx RT @M_De_Witt are there any melancholy songs of those 11?

i couldn't resist answering this : it will be exactly 6.85 sad. RT @Laulawsky 1 to 10: how sad will the album be?
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 07:43:11 PM »

Q&A Before Amanda's stop-motion video shoot - March 31, 2012

All quotes below from Amanda's twitter feed except where noted. Amanda mostly RT'd questions before answering them, so read the text after "RT" to see the question she is replying to.

ask me something

i have no regrets. RT @chloelees What is your biggest regret?

really good. very slightly hungover and still high from finishing the record. thanks for asking. RT @P_Dubs How are you?

i don't know if i do. RT @TURBOCUNT how do you keep all the fame and fan adoration from going to your head?

i'm eating it right now. mexican poached eggs. lots of avacado going on.  RT @wekneweachother What was your last meal?

i leave this weekend. i will miss it a lot. RT @derrangedferret how much longer are you in Australia?

i'm looking at it. here's a picture. RT @Fushigifox what is something that you saw today that was absolutely beautiful twitpic.com/93xper

i feel awesome about them. watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=3lJQji… RT @herpaderphowie how do you feel about illegal downloads, torrents, etc?

i'm a big fan of the shining. RT @kiahpierson what's your favorite horror or scifi movie?

TECHIEBABE:
@amandapalmer when you perform, are you just looking at the crowd right in front? Do you even notice people in wheelchair viewing areas?
 reason for asking is I really miss not being on front rail & being relegated to disabled areas now. Don't feel part of a show.

Amanda's reply:
@techiebabe I always try to see everybody. wheelchair folks are hard to miss - I wouldn't worry about it :)

TECHIEBABE:
@amandapalmer thank you for answering. It's hard to feel part of a show if you're not on the rail at the front, but I have no choice anymore

Amanda's reply:
@techiebabe embrace the change. xxx

easy! @miyassushi. in new haven. it's heaven. RT @thrynkat Where is your favorite place in the world to get sushi?

CHLOSEPHINE:
@amandapalmer did you know that i love you?

Amanda's reply:
@chlosephine_ I do now

i try to pick the interesting ones. but there's no real system. RT @vtraddict how do you decide which of these questions to answer?

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK!!!!!! RT @BstiNatosi what are today's socks?  twitpic.com/93xtau

last night i hugged about 13 people...let's see if i can list them all... RT @MollyRobison Who is the last person you hugged?

#lastnightIhugged @meowtopia @tomdickins @angedevery @cookinwithgoths @radchaines @quilken @_saintclare_ @middleearthguy and probably more.

AMAZING!! i have now! RT @Virgin_Stitch did you ever receive the picture you asked me to send you (from Christchurch)?

this is my favorite ninja gig photo ever taken ever. pic.twitter.com/vKzZuNmY

TASTEROFINK:
@amandapalmer will you love me forever???

Amanda's reply:
@tasterofink yes

beatles. RT @supdegrave The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?

LAST CALL

in my room. RT @THEcorinashley favorite Yaz song?

some songs I absolutely love. RT @HailThePages are you a fan of Fiona Apple's? never heard you discuss her before.

yep. broke my wrist when i was 7. and my foot when i was 33 (thanks, belfast). RT @Ailsa_J_L ever broken a bone? #curious

ooh good one. i was a senior in high school. so probably 18. RT @CarolinaIraola age of your first girl on girl kiss?

squeezing other peoples zits? RT @allypinion What is something most people find odd that you absolutely love?

in brief: embracing free content. RT @ccmcloughlin What trends does the music industry need to embrace in order to survive?

sure. RT @SkyeX Will you open your Moleskine to a random page and show us what you find? twitpic.com/93xxvp

next to @neilhimself. RT @kateweb Where's your favourite place to sleep?

fucking love you guys. off to shoot video. xxxxxxx
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2012, 12:42:37 AM »

Q&A Amanda taking a break from work - April 26, 2012

All quotes below from Amanda's twitter feed except where noted. Amanda mostly RT'd questions before answering them, so read the text after "RT" to see the question she is replying to.

ask me something

not sure. at Some Point. RT @eaglejm when will Evening With ... be available to those realizing too late about the kickstarter release?

yes. june in with weird little shows. september with great big ones. RT @_serenefire Do you know when you'll start touring?

...when we launch the album @kickstarter in a few days, we'll also be announcing the first leg of touring. in teeny clubs.

hm. melbourne, i think. and the coffee there. RT @brogangood What have you felt the most nostalgic about lately?(--:

i think rethink should have been free for working musicians. RT @whiskeyandmusic what were your impressions of the Rethink Music conference?

wayhappy. @tristanmmallen threw an electronic music party in our house last night RT @bexpigs are you happy to be home?Is it nice in boston?

i have to be in _seriously_ the right mood to enjoy it. but, yes. RT @YRUwhite are you into anal?

about to finish "wild" by @cherylstrayed. its AMAZING RT @SheikYurbouti Serious-ish question, what are you reading now/lately?

absofukinglutely. RT @rinpalmer Have you ever experienced creative jealousy? That "I wish I thought of that first, I hate her" thing?

news to me. i'll look into it... RT @texistential Thoughts on Roadrunner's closing announcement in Europe?

always. RT @heyitsjacy can I hug you when I meet you

pretty fucking great. RT @LaniLaniDuck How fucking great is this album going to be?

makegoodmusictouralottalktoanybodybenicedontwhinehydra testayhonestdontconpromise RT @jocularfowl Could sum up "how you made it" in 1 tweet?

I KNOW. RT @amaranthinegirl Melbourne has the BEST flat whites! No one in America knows how to make them correctly (much to my dismay).

lately, the bed song. its on the new record. RT @StripeyPlum Which one of your songs are you the most proud of?

i've got touring sketched out til fall of 2013. RT @2zen2 how far in advance is your schedule planned out?

our house. it's made of magic. RT @danajaybein What's your favorite part of Boston?

LAST CALL

hive mind! go to it. RT @celticorca I'm new to @amandapalmer any suggestions for an album to start with?

its australian for an espresso with milk. latte-ish but stronger. RT @TroubleUnawares what's a flat white?

disintegration, or three imaginary boys, or seventeen seconds on tape with faith on the flip side. RT @fuckclevernames Favourite Cure album?

bought the record in NZ and listened on a drive. kinda got bored. RT @Weston_Verd how do you feel about Florence and the machine ?

yes. well...not in person. it's fucking amazing. RT @Sam_Strange Have you ever watched Chico Marx play the piano?

wrapping up this picnic, my friends. back to a day of wokworkwprkqorkwork. next week is going to bring some epicness. be prepared.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »

Twitter Q&A: What is Art? Interview for Amanda's art book May 26, 2012:
http://www.theshadowbox.net/forum/index.php?topic=40773.msg455289#msg455289

@amandapalmer
i totally forgot i promised to include an interview in the art book. fuck. the text is due tonight. you guys wanna interview me about art?
WARNING/DISCLAIMER: if I answer your question, it will be IN PRINT INA  BOOK FOR EVER. so if you ask something stupid...posterity. etc.

@JustJon: What is your definition of art?
I think Art is honestly Art once you anybody calls it Art. Really Truly. Cooking is Art. Knife is Art. Sink is Art. Sandwich itself, Art.

@ianlafo: Do the doodles I make in boring meetings count as art?
fuck yes. doodles are obvious Art. and you'll have an easier time convincing someone of that than trying to convince them aboutthe sandwich

@gajjex: how do you define what makes an artist?
i think that answer is exactly like the Art answer. anyone can call themselves "an Artist". i know some some Artists who fail miserably at
actually ever making anything THEY call Art. and i know some people who don't call themselves Artists who make all Art all day long.

@DeliriumFishies: What is your favorite art movement?
im a big fan of the situationists. google them, they'd be really happy about that (even though all the founders are dead). i've had a poster
above my piano for many years on which i drew the situation slogan "VIVEZ SANS TEMPS MORT" = "LIVE WITHOUT DEAD TIME".

‏@PCV64: could communication be art?
HA HA!!!! ART is COMMUNICATION is ART! START AND END OF STORY TOTALLY. twitter is art. i've been practicing making twitter art for 4 years.

@LordReblik: Why do you think people make art?
i think people make Art because they Can and therefore Must. i think Art heals deep wounds inside that are otherwise un-healable and helps
everybody - Artist and Audience alike -see the world outside of the realm of practical survival/ getting to death as painlessly as possible.
Art is Food for the Human Soul. without it we starve and die.

@HayleyFiasco: is there such a thing as Art that is more harmful than beneficial?
no. all art must, must, must be allowed to manifest and exist whether or not you think it's "good" or "bad" or "politically incorrect".
ART SHOULD MAKE YOU THINK & FEEL. ART SHOULD MAKE YOU ANGRY & SAD & UNCOMFORTABLE. THE ONLY ART THAT IS HARMFUL IS THE ART THAT IS SAFE.

@PhuckYou_: Some people consider certain forms of art superior to others. Do you agree? example: music > designing paper clip figurines.
fuck those people.

‏@neilhimself: How do you cope with times when you like the artist but don't like their art, or like the art but dislike the artist?
i've learned more and more to separate the Artist from the Art. but mostly i have to admit: i can't do it. it's why I've gone out of my way
to avoid meeting some of my art-heroes (like morrissey). I don't want to poison my experience of their Art with the possibility
that their personality will influence me. and every time this subject comes up, it always come back to the fact that Wagner was a Nazi.

@gapingvoid: did you ever read Lipstick Traces, by Greil Marcus? One if my favorite books. Lettrists, situationists etc.
yes. i actually had to read for SCHOOL - for a class on performance art. it changed me forever. fantastic book. art bible.

@amandapalmer: LAST CALL

‏@amandapalmer: GREAT IDEA!! make a special link! RT @HayleyFiasco May I suggest that when you're done, ppl head over to http://TheShadowbox.net to continue?

@SatanInSingSing: do you have a favorite piece of art that you have made?
well, there's music. but in the visual art realm...i have a few. i'm really proud of a sketch I once did when I was about 18 of
a sculpture of cleopatra. i sat there for 3 days to draw it just to see if i could get it right. a lot of my relationship to visual art has
been about making sure i COULD DO it but not really WANTING TO. i don't have the patience usually to sit there for 5 hours to draw something
maybe i'll take a picture of it and put it in this book. why not? it's my book.

@LeahJaclyn: do you think that the artists intent or the audiences interpretation of art is more important?
i think the intent of the Artist can and should be appreciated, and it often helps the audience think and feel MORE about the Art. BUT
one a piece of Art leaves the Artist and goes out Into The World - it's not longer theirs. it belongs to the world, and people can and will
interpret things however they want. the Artist has no true ownership of the interpretation of their Art...only over the act of Creating.

@jocularfowl: Have you ever regretted any art you've made?
no. never. not once.

‏@amandapalmer: #ENDTRANSMISSION

@amandapalmer: UPDATE @jocularfowl i said i've never regretting making a piece of art. well, that's a lie. i've had my weak moments. but they never stick.

@amandapalmer: all these people: @gajjex @ianlafo @DeliriumFishies @JustJon @jocularfowl @LeahJaclyn @SatanInSingSing @gapingvoid @neilhimself (more...)
and.... @PhuckYou_ @HayleyFiasco @PCV64 @LordReblik you're all going to be in the ART BOOK. thank you for your questions. you fucking rock.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »

Twitter Q&A: On the train to New York for a Press Day July 26, 2012:

@amandapalmer
on the train from boston to NYC to do a day of press on not enough sleep. before i nap....ask me anything.

@amandapalmer
yes. half jack. RT @FelixMarques Is there any past song you'd like to have shot a video for?

@amandapalmer
late at night. on the train. in my dreams. lately...rarely ever. RT @Rawrshock When do you ever get quiet time? :)

@amandapalmer
i'm devouring "moonwalking with einstein" by josh foer. its AMAZING. A++ read. RT @carriestienen what book(s) are you reading right now?

@amandapalmer
aww. thank you. RT @EladrialSKeksIs no questions from me. Just wishes for a safe and fun journey.

@amandapalmer
everything. non. rien de rien. je ne regrette rien. RT @opheliamlet what WOULDN'T you change about the past? doesn't have to be personal.

@amandapalmer
"do you really love me?" RT @redvelvettears ask you anything? Sum up your life/views on it in 5 words or less.

@amandapalmer
HA. no, i didn't. RT @1709gonzo did you get all the paint off?

@amandapalmer
no. is it good? RT @LadyCyanide Have you heard Emilie Autumns new album?

@amandapalmer
i'm 50 shades of stoked dude RT @sptmusic how stoked are you to come to Bard this year?! WE ARE THE MOST STOKED. #campusisfreakingout

@amandapalmer
curled in a ball in a warm bed with @neilhimself. RT @Sarah_Spoosh If you could be anywhere, with anyone, doing anything right this moment..

‏@amandapalmer
train, always. RT @Alessalot what is your favourite way to travel? Plane, train, canoe?

@amandapalmer
be nice. RT @Berrybrooke Whats one thing you think everyone should do?

@amandapalmer
remember you're far from alone. RT @davidmanly Advice to those struggling with life and work?

@amandapalmer
LUGE!!!!!!!! RT @heatherlike You suddenly have to fill in for an athlete next week. What sport?

@amandapalmer
yep. RT @KaH_was_taken you were worried in melbs that you'd keep running out of breath performing all the new songs live. still a concern?

@amandapalmer
last call

@amandapalmer
cortado or strong flat white. RT @grkjf Cortado, cafe au lait or flat white?

@amandapalmer
i keep joey, my cabbage patch kid, stuffed between books RT @LoraxCeci do you have a stuffed animal from your childhood that you still keep?

@amandapalmer
thank you beautiful people. beautiful questions. xxxzzzxzzzzzzzxxx
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »

Twitter Q&A: October 2, 2012:

‏@amandapalmer
ask me anything

@amandapalmer
it's a tie. new york and melbourne. RT @RebeccaAmyTodd What's your favourite city in the world?

@amandapalmer
how is it not possible? RT @aflyingkiwi how is it possible to bare so much of yourself in front of so many people?

@amandapalmer
i thought he seemed sad. RT @TheMRipley What did you first think of Neil when you met him?

@amandapalmer
i'd just hug him, invited or not. RT @joshmacl what would you say to Steve albini if you met him in person

@amandapalmer
yes. RT @castleruins do you ever get just too tired?

‏@amandapalmer
right here. RT @Estrella_Mar Where do you find your joy?

@amandapalmer
spent. unwashed. on a plane from Seattle to Minny. saw jason. about to see neil. friend-husband love sandwich. RT @cmg0nz0 How are you?

@amandapalmer
deliberate wordplay. I love that song. RT @_lisapearl_ first word of "from st. kilda"...noun or command verb? it's an important distinction.

@amandapalmer
helllllllllllllllll no RT @eyedisco do you want to be a movie star?

@amandapalmer
last call

@amandapalmer
big science. RT @TheMeatFarm Favorite Laurie Anderson album?

@amandapalmer
heavenly. like humankind love manifest. RT @quickliftzwick How's it feel to crowd surf?

‏@amandapalmer
neil's arms. RT @NoirX Where's your favorite place to sleep?

@amandapalmer
yeah. RT @VictoriaPyrrhi It's all worth it, yeah?

@amandapalmer
thank you for patience. RT @allysonivy Yay! Kickstarter order has finally shipped. Vinyl is worth the wait, but I was starting to get antsy.

@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »

Twitter Q&A: Drunk On The Tour Bus October 30, 2012:

@amandapalmer
ask me anything. i am drunk and just attended a 4-hr marathon dance party on the tour bus through switzerland. #LoveAutoCorrext

@amandapalmer
yes. RT @twinysam: @amandapalmer Have you ever drunk dialed someone and regretted it the next morning/late afternoon?

@amandapalmer
soooooooon RT @straintest: @amandapalmer When is the Do It With A Rock Star video coming out??

@amandapalmer
give nick drake a try RT @TheKingOfMars Other than your music, what should be playing on my iPod?

@amandapalmer
yay!! hug her for me RT @nonethericher I'm seeing Lady Lamb on Friday night in Chicago. I'm so excited, but I have no one to share it with.

@amandapalmer
yes. but you need to be compassionate RT @zoembie Can deconstructing someone be part of loving them?

@amandapalmer
only with my sister. RT @ericaeveritt have you ever gotten into a full blown physical fight?

@amandapalmer
YES RT @LylahExperiment: @amandapalmer have you ever drunk dialed someone and NOT regretted it the next morning/late afternoon?

@amandapalmer
hie humanness RT @allisonhenle When you first met Neil Gaiman, what about him attracted you the most?

@amandapalmer
when i was 26. RT @t_s_geisel When was the last time you had your nature-made eyebrows?

‏@amandapalmer
absolutely. RT @MrStephenPike do you think its ok to like an "artist" because of their personality rather than their art?

@amandapalmer
evita. RT @bstorer13 favorite musical?

@amandapalmer
morrissey. RT @TheSocialHQ: who is the one Big time artist you would NOT do a song with

@amandapalmer
yes. RT @MrStephenPike: @amandapalmer Are we allowed to feign indifference?

@amandapalmer
yes, but don't rely on it for tuition RT @MarisaRoss3 would you recommend busking for a broke ass student to try to get through art school?

@amandapalmer
you. RT @LittleBlueBox10: @amandapalmer Your favorite favorite thing in the whole wide world?

@amandapalmer
uncomfortable. RT @bricuri0us: @amandapalmer What are your thoughts on socks with individual toes?

@amandapalmer
...REALLY? RT @kamihere if God was on twitter, what do you think he'd tweet now?

@amandapalmer
didapponting film. RT @BitchOuttaOrder Thoughts on Madonna as Evita?

@amandapalmer
face it head on RT @SavannahMEvans: how do you battle fear?

@amandapalmer
no. RT @mshamah would you ever tattoo your eyebrows?

@amandapalmer
no. RT @_serenefire Do you ever get annoyed by all the questions about your eyebrows?

@amandapalmer
Leonard cohen. RT @carlhannah: @amandapalmer Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan?

@amandapalmer
seriously? you're going to die. who will care then?? RT @JAllynWillow tips for feeling less self-conscious about not shaving?

@amandapalmer
remember it's all temporary. RT @Cheesequake any advice for the painfully shy and lonely?

@amandapalmer
no. RT @thepixiepinup: @amandapalmer do you regret getting signed to a major label?

@amandapalmer
being ignored. RT @pigglesby what, if anything, do you fear?

@amandapalmer
no. none. RT @Kristi_Klein Any regrets?

@amandapalmer
yes. RT @lacedtight At this moment, are you happy?

@amandapalmer
LAST CALL

@amandapalmer
i definitely feel stubborn RT @whiskeymammoth Do you feel like a true Taurus?

@amandapalmer
klaus nomi. RT @gailmoulden: @amandapalmer who's on your tour corset?

@amandapalmer
if you want to be like me, you're already on the wrong path. better idea to be like you. RT @thekillingtype how can I become more like you?

@amandapalmer
sleep. xxxxxx zzzzzz
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

SydneyMaisano

• -672-
  • Brian signing my Dresden Dolls vest. Oct 7th 2013
    • green as sin
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »

Re-read this whole thread instead of doing a research paper. Procrastination at it's finest

hathouty12

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »

Just followed her on twitter and i was amazed seeing the amount of followers she has. Damn she's got a lot of followers. Also the tweets are quite interesting.

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »

Facebook Q&A: December 26, 2013
Originally posted: http://www.theshadowbox.net/forum/index.php?topic=47903.msg482620#msg482620

What made you decide to have awesome eyebrows? (from Natalka Alissa Xavier)
i shaved these suckers for the first time when i was in college (around 21)...i had just come back from living abroad and studying in germany and had a run of the mill nervous breakdown, during which i decided to shave every hair on my body except my pubes. including eyebrows. i was all roget waters.

sorry, hit send. anyway....while the eyebrows grew back, i squiggled them in with liquit eyeliner designes because i was a weirdo. and ... they grew back and that was that (the hair, however, took about two years to grow back).

then about 5 years later, i was in the early days of the dresden dolls, and brian and i decided to go to a marlene dietrich ball. there was a costume contest. marlene had no eyebrows. i shaved them again to look authentic. i lost the contest (that whole night was fucked) but i was now, again, eyebrowless.

so i squiggled them in again, expecting to do that until they gre back. but this time (maybe because i was a little more social and open-minded than i was when i was 21)...people really admired them and commented on them everywhere i went. vanity won. i kept them. that was, holy shit....like....13 years ago.

i wonder what the fuck my eyebrows would look like if i grew them in. urban myth says they'd be like ///||\\||/\/ all fucked up. we may never know. neil recently told me that he thought my eyebrows made me look old. i was like FUCK YOU DUDE.

next question. this is fun

What made you decide to come to Facebook? (from Eddie Wyatt)
a variety of things.
first of all: i was tired of feeling out of family loops. my family (eeeek) communicates on here, and i started feeling this sad feeling when i would hear my family members say "oh yes, we watched that whole event play out on facebook" and i'd be like 'why didn't someone call? or email? or...tell me"?

also: i run a business. i think tumblr and twitter are amazing for certain things, but i think there are just MORE of my people on facebook right now, engaged, than most other places. and i don't have the right team to come in here and do business for me. so doing it myself is, for now, the way to go. i can already smell my own demise. i spend WAY too much fucking time on the internet as it is and i can already tell this is going to SUCK ME THE FUCK IN COMPLETELYYYYY YY AHSD AJDHASJ FWGFJDGHJAHSDGFJASDHFA

How are you supposed to keep up with hundreds of comments in a minute or two? (from Hrafn Black)
speed read, and skip a lot of it.

and also....i'm re=loading so the top comments filter up. i assume that people will like the comments they wnat me to answer (a la reddit)

how do you make your hair look so fabulous all the time? (from Sashia Lyubov Ousley)
haha. i actually just answered this over on tumblr:
http://amandapalmer.tumblr.com/post/70827146581/how-do-you-do-your-hair

Did this cute stingray help you relax while trying to work out FB? (from James Knox)

i will keep this in mind

Can I have a hug please? (from Bee Anchor)
sure. here. (((((()))))))

How are you? (from Dana Remian)
i'm good. i'm scared. i'm in a weird transition time. neil and i are kind of moving and kind of homeless. i'm about to go to australia for the winter to work on a book that i don't know if i can write. and things are all up in the air in my head. so i am good, but i'm just sort of....anxious.

What's an album you love that we might not expect you to? (from Cooper Stimson)
avril lavigne: under my skin. i fucking love that record.

What's the best part of being married to Neil Gaiman? (from Mackenzie Witman)
the stability. his love is like a rock

How do I let go? (from Jenniffer L. Korsund Sloan)
love more

Will you marry me (from Sky Walker)
no

Eyebrows. Do you shave or wax them? (from Ilana Brudo)
my eyebrows? i shave them.

What books have influenced your life the most? (Schyler Martin)
this one: http://www.amazon.com/Dropping-Ashes-Buddha-Teachings-Master/dp/0802130526

do you even wear clothes? (from Yazmein Chowder)
only when forced

What size shoe do you wear? (from Ange Neve Solgat)
8.5 or 9. 39 european

why don't you come to canada more? (from Jordan Cleveland)
cold.

why do you never play any shows in the north of england? (from Daniel Moody)
cold

How was your Christmas? :) (from Laura Porto)
really nice. i spent it with neil and his kids (and one new step-daughter in law, who is awesome)

My sore throat and cough have killed my singing voice. How do you deal with chest colds? (from Andrea Civiera)
SLEEP. it's the only solution. last ditch: antibiotics. also, hydrate like fuck

Do you find yr professional life can be hindered by labels, e.g. Amanda Palmer, bisexual singer? Do you feel like critics want to stick you in one box, so to speak? (from Sue Bernardi Johnson)
yes.

did you know that your Facebook posts won't show up on everyone who 'likes' your page's timeline every single time?
I don't really know the ins and outs but it's something you might want to know if you didn't already. (from Julie Price)

yes, i know. and i think that is totally fucked up. it is why i won't rely on facebook.

Favorite soap? (from Paul Fox)
currently i am digging the lush shower gels. THEY JIGGLE

How happy are you on a scale of 1-10 right now? :p (from Shrekkie Sparrow Wekkie)
i'm about a 7

How comes you can use Twitter and you fail Facebook, dear?
And how much you think it'll take to deliver another lovely album to your adoring audience? Or, at least, what can we do to give you enough ideas.
And, by the way, how are things? (from Lorenzo Vargas)

i'm currently trying to work out how to put out music. it's getting weird in my head, but when i emerge, i think i have an amazing plan that will change everything.

Have you ever had an operation? Like tonsils appendix gallbladder? (from Katelyn E Hennessy)
yes...about four years ago i had vocal nodes removed. full knock out surgery.

Do you totally hate Facebook already? >.< (from Isabella Mella Art)
actually, i'm quite enjoying it

Bourbon or Scotch (from Frank Izaguirre)
BOURBON. hate scotch. and my family is from the island that makes talisker. i am the shame of the family

Have you ever thought of making another Dresden Doll album? (from Lea Rashay Barbary)
yes.

What are your most favorite and least favorite aspects of poly? (from Shoshana Levin)
i prefer "open" to "poly",,,neil and i don't actually maintain huge other relationships (at least, for the time being). pro? more love. con? more chances for hurt. pro: feels realer. con: takes energy.

what was your inspiration for coin operated boy? (from Keira McMillen)
it was actually inspired by driving by a coin-operated laundromat in the south end of boston, seeing the sign, and getting the phrase "coin operated boy" stuck in my head attached to a really catchy hook. and i thought: that's a great song idea. it'll be about someone who wants a total lack of intimacy: the perfect partner. it's not, and never was, about a sex toy.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP

Hayley Fiasco!

• mgmt jr.
  • Administrator
    • hayleyfiasco.com
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2014, 09:56:26 PM »

Facebook Q&A: December 31, 2013
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/amandapalmer/posts/10151944001748375

Amanda Palmer:
ok. so...it's new years eve and i'm completely flattened. in boston for the night, nothing big planned, sort of homeless, just wrote a eulogy poem for a lost mentor to deliver at his memorial on friday and still reeling from conor's suicide three days ago. death is all around.

this is a good time to ask.....so

ask me anything.

i'm an open wound.

Sean Francis:
Nothing to ask, just wanted to send love.

Amanda Palmer:
it's nice, getting love. thanks. i have a lot to say to you - i read your email.

(in response to many well wishes)
Amanda Palmer:
thanks for all the love here. i'm trying to spread it back around, like a messy fingerpainting. this has been one bitch of a year, people.

Sofía Balle-Stereos:
This is my grandpa. He will turn 103 tonight. He has a memory full of incredible stories.

Amanda Palmer:
oh man. that's so many years to have not died.

Erika Fronk:
When I stood in line for your first solo in Chicago, when you did an encore in a pony sweater, I told you I was struggling to write and wanted to know if you had any words of inspiration. You took my journal and wrote "LET IT BE BAD" on the first page in big, unignorable permanent marker. The words bled into the next page and all over the rest of my life. I learned to be kinder and forgiving with myself and not to hide my pains from myself or the world out of fear or shame, respectively.

So with my heart pouring with positivity and wellwishes, just wanted to say...

Let it be bad.

Amanda Palmer:
"let it be bad" sounds like an excellent epitaph.

Angela Sudweeks:
After watching some of you YouTube videos, my 7 year old daughter has purchased a ukulele. She says you're amazing. Hugs to you from Utah!

Amanda Palmer:
melbourne. i'm about to get a taste of that, i'll be there for february and part of march. i miss it there.

Jolene McDonald:
Sorry to hear Amanda. Who was Conor?

Amanda Palmer:
he was an old, old friend and lover from my college years. we'd stayed in touch over the eons and just rekindled our friendship over the past five months or so. it was very hard to find out he'd decided to leave. i'll write a blog about him, and who he was to me and what it meant, but right now i'm too shattered and feeling useless. i'll try to do it in the next week or so. this is his chin from a few weeks ago, in the meantime...

http://amandapalmer.tumblr.com/post/69664637025/i-tour-the-entire-fall-in-europe-moshing

Jennifer Lydick:
Amanda Palmer, a friend sent this to me for the New year and it sounds like you could use it as well.

As we approach the new year, I want you to remember this. You have enough. You do enough. You are enough.

Amanda Palmer:
ugghghghghghghhggh

Shawna Felkel:

Amanda Palmer:

Linzi Harvey:
You might not even get this far down the list - but I just wanted to share this picture with you. I had a crappy 2013 for lots of reasons, but this is how you made me feel when I met you in Manchester. Thank you Amanda Fucking Palmer, I  you x

Amanda Palmer:
awwwww.

Barbara Kirk:
Hopi Poem
-author unknown

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint in the snow.
I am the sunlight on the ripened grain.
I am the autumn's gentle rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there,
I did not die.

Amanda Palmer:
truth.

Fred Bliss:
Wow. Do you need a hug??

Amanda Palmer:
yes.

Laura Strachan:
Happy New Year from Scotland! Sending you love and hugs. Are you planning on coming back to Glasgow or Edinburgh in 2014? Here's a snap from Glasgow Oct' 2012 xx

Amanda Palmer:
this is beautiuful. can you send it to hayley? photos@amandapalmer.net

Nic Castle:
 I dreamed I called you on the telephone
to say: Be kinder to yourself
but you were sick and would not answer

The waste of my love goes on this way
trying to save you from yourself

I have always wondered about the left-over
energy, the way water goes rushing down a hill
long after the rains have stopped

or the fire you want to go to bed from
but cannot leave, burning-down but not burnt-down
the red coals more extreme, more curious
in their flashing and dying
than you wish they were
sitting long after midnight

(Adrienne Rich)

Be safe, Amanda. Here's to a better year.

Amanda Palmer:
staring into the coals has always been my favorite part to stare into. the flames are SO LAST YEAR.

Marg Evans:
No questions today - just sending you hugs. It gets better.

Amanda Palmer:
thanks. all hugs taken on board.

Kristinn Snær Agnarsson:
have you had to censor yourself in your art at any point?

Amanda Palmer:
yes. often. there's a lot of things i could have written than would have hurt people's feelings. so i didn't.

Cheryl Dawn Dearborne:
This is going to be a super long post, i hope you read it! I will post a question at the end.

When i moved to New York in 2010, i went on a blind date with a guy. I don't remember his name, what i do remember is him asking if i "was into the dresden dolls".

He played coin operated boy and i dug it immediately. I put the song on a playlist and didn't indulge much beyond the song. Often when one is bettering oneself they slack on the exploration of other art.

Cut to 2013, i'm in London, couch-surfing and traveling and struggling. Our host had TED on his TV and we Ted binged. One of these was your talk.

Amanda, i've always given and received but sometimes pride makes it tough to ask for help with big things when others are struggling as well. But your talk helped me tuck my tail between my legs and say "Hey friends, i took a risk and i fucked up, can anyone help?"

People did, i got back to the states and i always said if i had an opportunity to at least say thank you for your story. Thanks for living your purpose, it affects us, we hear you!

Its weird how we have reached an age where we can have multiple platforms. I may be new to your music, but how cool is it to know, that without really knowing who you were as an artist, someone became a fan of your "being".

What in life do you think most influenced your perspective on life? And what mantra would you say fits your life best?

For me, its "Gratitude, Maintenance, Progress"

Love,
Chezza

Amanda Palmer:
mantra? chop wood, carry water. thanks for this story...and honestly, if i had to choose between someone being a fan of my being and of my music, i'd pick the former (and continue working vigilantly on the latter...but honestly, if someone is going to have taste, i'd rather they have good taste in beings than good taste in music, if you know what i mean.)

Jen Grue:
I'll be in Boston tonight, do you need a hug and some tea? I will literally show up anywhere to make you cheer up a little because you have done so much for some many.

You probably won't remember me. I statued at Fuck the Back Row and various Dolls shows. I lent you my duck call a few years ago on New Years for Neil to use with the Boston Pops. I even was in the Who Killed Amanda Palmer book! I have been in the background of the Dolls scene since half my friends were in the Coin Operated Boy video. Hell, I was even in Sing alternate cut. I was at the Boston preview party for Theater Is Evil and drunkenly tried to explain my Dresden Dolls tattoo to you and I had so much to say, but in that moment I froze because this amazing woman was standing infront of me.

You have helped so many people through so many things, thank you.

Amanda Palmer:
you're welcome. thank you back.

Ansgar Spiertz:
Yeah, death is all around. My wive Almut would have been 49 two days ago if she wouldn't have suddenly died in 2010 from lung embolism. My thoughts are with her tonight...

Amanda Palmer:
hug.

Stacia Detour-Rowan:
What is your favorite memory of/with Conor? If you keep a loved one in your memory, they never truly leave you.

Amanda Palmer:
my favorite memory of conor. it was when we lay on the floor of my dorm room at eclectic, holding hands, and listened to OK computer not once, not twice, but three (maybe even four times) in a row. it would get to the end and we were like four year olds, going AGAIN! AGAIN! and we weren't even high.

Song River:
When you lose someone, let alone two within a very short period of time... Does your mind become almost surreal and numb? Then as the moments progress and a few dawns rise do you begin forming words and patterns of and from the emotions? I lost my oldest brother it seems a life time ago, before it would seem to be his time, and through it all I drove myself to work and create even though my mind felt numb. I'd like to ask you Amanda from one creative to the other- can you share your processing? Thank you and I'm praying comfort for your heart and a flood of fantastic memories to leave a smile every now and again upon your lips. Much love, Song River peace

Amanda Palmer:
it does, a bit. when i was 20/21 i lost a whole lot of people all at one time...a recent ex who i'd really been in love with, my step-brother, and two grandparents. all like that: bam, bam (pause) bam, bam. my grandmother and matt the ex within a few days of each other, then a few months off, then karl and my grandfather. i think it's possibly not a coincidence that was the year i learned to drink in earnest. i just didn't want to deal with anything too serious. i also stopped writing. that year is an absolute blank page in the songbook. so....i don't know. it could be that we need to process different things differently at different times. i wasn't close to my grandparents when they kicked, and i'm actually just starting to mourn them in my own creative way, this many years later ("the thing about things" was the closest i got to explaining my relationship with my grandfather and his death....i still have to record and release that sucker). all in due time. and the more people die, the easier it seems it gets, and the harder. this thin, fragile little life....we're really meant to take it seriously when it's extinguishable in an instant? seems absurd to me, nowadays.....i've also gotten further and further away from my own creative desk since meeting neil, and the ground has gotten shakier and sandier. it's time to turn that around, lest i totally lose who i am.

Felicia Chantel Gaffney:
HAVE SOME WINE

Amanda Palmer:
i'm on my way.

Brannon Crain:
Is there anything you haven't done that you wished you had? Think Frost's Road Less Traveled...

Amanda Palmer:
 no. i can't let myself think that way, or i'll go crazy.

Jennifer Lydick:
 In moments like this what do you think of to help center yourself and help you power thorough the overwhelming and the sad?

Amanda Palmer:
i try to remember that things pass and that we're all going to die eventually. that generally helps.

Fred McCassey:
Is there anything we can do?

Amanda Palmer:
send more poems. this is actually the perfect way to spend a lonely new years eve. every poem is like a toast in the night.

Clarsa McElhaney:
You asked for a question, so here's mine:
If you could tell everyone in the world one thing and make them really understand, what would it be?

Amanda Palmer:
we are all actually one.

Meaghan McColl:
Why don't you ask for what you need right now?

Amanda Palmer:
i did. you're here.

LaRue Allegretto:
My only question would be this: What could I do to make it better? Your music has gotten me out of worse.

Amanda Palmer:
thanks for asking. this being social media, it's a funny answer, but the question itself manifests as a signal of good will. i'll take it. i'll take all of them. they're real, they help. i don't have music anymore. i lost that part of it long ago and would love to get it back.

Katerina Flowers:
Is there anything we can do? Somehow? Something? Anything?

Amanda Palmer:
just chatting here is quite nice and taking the edge off, actually.

Pete'dj Phatphuq' Bassett:
Is breaking bad worth bothering with?

Amanda Palmer:
absolutely. i just finished season two and it's incredible: deep, real, raw, true, life, love, all that. it's also made me addicted. it's crack. enter at your own risk.

Jimmy Lee Wirt:
What are your hopes and dreams for 2014?

Amanda Palmer:
i want to find a place to live that i love, that's the biggest one. and i want to write an amazing book. that's the second biggest.
@HayleyFiasco

Member of Team AFP
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up