THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hate mail  (Read 6688 times)

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
Re: Hate mail
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 09:57:58 PM »

Actually, those of us with dial-up internet much prefer the links. If I dare open a page with one of those at home my computer freezes and will not move until I hit the button to turn it off. I don't think I'm being overly selfish my requesting that the people with quick internet take the extra second to click a link to save me ten minutes of appologizing and bribing my computer to work properly again.
Sorry if I sound bitchy, but the fact that the phone company has no competition means that they don't have to supply equal service, so we folks in the sticks are often forgotten about.
i'm sad that your computer is broken and also sad that corporate amerika won't provide you with better service (and i assume for some reason, you can't use one of the satellite tv companies that include satellite  internet)

i have dial-up at home and when i hit a page like this, i just hit the stop button on my browser, and the download stops after a few seconds, and usually the rest of the page displays ok  (in fact, the bulk of my new box browsing has been done from home - though that varies)

so we are left with the question of what is best to do when most people benefit from new technology, and a few aren't able to use it, and it inconveniences them

anyone else care to comment?

getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

Amber

• Asparagus, Eh?
    • Photastical
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 07:46:32 PM »

As far as satellite goes, I don't have the hundreds of dollars it takes to install and if I did, it would still take two years for them to get out here (according to a friend down the road who has it).
Really, I hate complaining about my internet service. I know I do it a lot, but I actually appriciate it more than it probably appears. My 44kbs is still tons better than my friends 26kbs (or whatever they measure it by).
I've tried stopping the page, but it's aloready crashed by the time I get around to that. It's not a big deal if it happens once in a while. I can just make a point of not opening that page again.  But if posting them like that instead of links becomes the common way to post it, it becomes a little too much to avoid.
I'm sorry if that seems like a lot of work for people, but how much time does posting it directly really save?

One of these days, Bell will get out here. I don't doubt that. It's just a matter of time.
"Words are the mind's wings, are they not?" - Helen Keller

ddabrockhard

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 02:27:46 AM »

actually hate mail is pretty pretty funny.

i think its really funny too.
the people who send hate mail obviously have no life.
but, as hilarious as i think it is, it still kind of bothers me, because why would you want to be so rude to someone who is out there actually making an effort?

Erinaholic

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 04:55:45 AM »

Hate mail tends to be poorly composed, but some of the hate mail the Dolls receive are fun reads. Some of these people are very well spoken, and some of the language wonderfully scathing. I wish more people wrote hate mail. I don't believe these people have no life, though. I believe these people follow their passions so furiously, that it causes them to thoughtlessly speak their mind. It's a form of free speech, and they delight in it so self-righteously, that where hate mail is concerned, it just gives them a bad name. It's still their right to say whatever they like, and I'm glad hate mail exists. When hate mail becomes prohibited, then people should start complaining.

Why, I'm sure the president also detests hate mail, and doesn't listen to anything, especially from any American/country leader, that might remove validity from his views and actions.

CottonCandy

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 05:28:38 AM »

I've always seen hate mail and showing hate at gigs (piss-bottles at Reading last year for MCR springs to mind) totally unnecessary and showing poor taste.

I mean, fine if you don't like them, but they're usually trying to entertain, and especially in a festival enviroment where you can easily go to another stage where the music pleases you, or get wasted in the camping area, is totally beyond me. I might understand it if the band was deliberately playing badly, but then again, what band would?

meridiansheep

• The samaritan that crossed over the road.
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 10:35:56 AM »

lifeisnocabaret

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »

i think its really funny too.
the people who send hate mail obviously have no life.
but, as hilarious as i think it is, it still kind of bothers me, because why would you want to be so rude to someone who is out there actually making an effort?

i feel exactly the same way.
There is nothing in the world that we can count on
Even that we will wake up is an assumption
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up