THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hate mail  (Read 6880 times)

ashiezorz

Hate mail
« on: July 17, 2007, 02:21:18 AM »

It's amazing that so many people would put time aside just to rant on about how much they hate something.
Talk about "get a life".
>.<
Hypocrite much ?
ROFLOL.

I don't know.

It's rather entertaining though.

x

Rob

• Now I must go, Sean Hannity is on.
  • Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
Re: Hate mail
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 07:52:09 AM »

I hate this thread!
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

wannabe_dolly

• Pretty Pretty Princess!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:12:56 PM »

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

ThirtyWhacks

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 03:20:51 PM »

I think its funny. Obviously the dolls dont really care, so you shouldnt either. Not you in particular, but people in general.

Combattez la Puissance

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 01:27:10 AM »

Most idiots have no idea what they're on about anyway when it comes to hate mail, so they're really not worth your time.

armyoflarry

• and army of names
  • a human, lyman sinister, jupiter or japan
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 12:03:44 PM »

If you hate what I like, I must hate you for it. I attack with fluffy robots, plus 4 to hit. Take that haters! Now you are the hated!  :knuppel2:
Also, oh my God I could eat your family pets right now. GNNFFGH!!

Adam X

• Handbanana
  • No kittens were harmed in the making of this tag
    • fightzoneunlimited.com
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 03:20:36 AM »

This thread reminds I haven't checked the hate mail section of their site in good while.
Tonight....YOU!

Not a frog

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 10:23:55 AM »

There IS a God. This is a post by a Dresden Doll's fan, AN EX FAN. "Did you ever notice that most of the posts in this community are by Dresden Dolls fans and not DD haters? Apparently we spend all our time meticulously discussing the flaws of Amanda and Brian, all day everyday, and they have real lives. Y'know, the kind that involve going to lots of shows and wearing music as a badge of intellectuality and individuality. (Yes, I realize last time I posted here I was a Dresden Dolls fan. That phase of my life lasted for a glorious two weeks, after which I realized I only thought I liked them because I am instantly attracted to piano music.) I mean honestly I am not saying that I have more of "a life" than DD fans or DD fans who post here or even debating whether "having a life" is a necessity. I just think it's interesting." This shows it, that the Dresden Dolls' music is designed to lure people into liking them for no reason at all, which is expressed through the fact that every Dresden Dolls' fan I ask about this phenomenon has nothing to say about why they like their Music. This is because the Band don't have good music, they just look good. Dresden Dolls fans are just as shallow as Hilary Duff fans and Backstreet Boys Fans, except Hilary and those faggets can still actually sing. Maybe it is a ploy by the record companies? Instead of finding vocalists that can sing well, write about nothing at all very impressive, and dress them nicely. Find talentless dikes and guy that look like serial killers, dress them in a strange way, and hey, THE GOTH KIDS ARE NOW REALLY CONFORMING TO EVERYONE ELSE, LISTENING TO BRAINLESS GANDER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. So with this, I wonder what the next cool fashion will be that the next generation of non-conformists will go to. Modern Gothic stuff started in the early 80s with the few post-punk bands becoming the Gothic music genre'. Of course all this originated from the gothic novel genre founded by Walpole, a really cool writer and all. Lets face it, once upon a time Gothic was cool, but now it is going to the trash can with rock'n'roll, hip-hop, disco, techno, and of course The White Stripes.

I don’t like musicals. I like your album even less. Need I say more? Ok, if you insist. Some people are prejudiced against certain races, some are prejudiced against certain sexual preferences, Im prejudiced against plays that have spoken words (Ive yet to see one I liked) and worse yet (GASP!) songs. I do like music though, but not your music. Im not usually into violent imagery, but when Im forced to listen to your album I start channeling violent thoughts about what Im going to do to the cd when I get it out of the CD player. Ill kill it. I will be not merciful. I will eviscerate it. Slowly. I will make it suffer for all the joy it has taken out of my life. I will make its last moments on this earth filled with excruciating pain, pain so torturous that it will wish it had never been burned with such accursed music. I will leave it in agony, worse than the agony known to the Sabine Women, worse than the agony known to John Holwell in Calcutta, worse even than the agony of those forced to sit through the musical Rent Enough said.

I recently attended one of your shows with Panic! At the Disco in Pittsburgh. I have enjoyed your music in the past, and tend to find it to be a breath of fresh air in a rock scene that makes me want to stab out my eardrums with knives. Unfortunately, you (Amanda) felt the need to emphasize the fact that the Marines were in attendance at the venue, and dedicated your cover of War Pigs to them. I understand that you have an issue with authority and its oppressive qualities, blah blah blah, but I would like you to know that your dedication was the biggest load of bullshit Ive ever heard in my life. It isn’t the fact that I have a strong appreciation for the servicemen of our country, but it is your extreme ignorance that makes my blood boil so rapidly. I would have thought more of you and your intelligence, but apparently I was fooled. Those that serve our county do far more than drum up wars and bring death and destruction. Criticize our government, the current administration, anyone in authoritative positions, but criticizing those that would lay down their lives to defend your right to say what ever the fuck you want is just ridiculous. A close friend of mine spent months burying bodies after the Tsunami and provided relief for survivors, while you were off writing and playing little songs. Here is an additional link demonstrating my point. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,204533,00.html Of course all of the brainwashed 15 year olds in the audience found it amusing, but those of us in the audience that are able to think  for ourselves were able to see through the steaming pile of shit you laid out on the stage. Perhaps that was your plan all along, play up the crazy card that you’ve been dealing out, and say something so entirely absurd that we appreciate your music like one would appreciate oil on canvas by Van Gough. I have a better idea; he cut off his ear and now everyone remembers him, so equivalently it would be appropriate for you to take out an eye and send it to an estranged lover and everyone will remember you. That would probably be a better attention getter than laying out your ignorance for the world to see.  Those that you criticize and demean will do more to help the world than you could ever dream of, and for that I hope you are truly ashamed of yourself. I am well aware that this will not appear in your hate mail as to not make yourself look like an ass, but I hope you take these words into consideration the next time you are putting down honorable people to show everyone how badass you are. And please, for your own good, open a newspaper and stop sounding like an asshole.

the CAPS guy

• Died at 672
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »

actually hate mail is pretty pretty funny.

the CAPS guy

• Died at 672
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 02:04:25 PM »

I can imagine people who wrote that amazing stuff they're like her:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d08ihGmaJDM

that's why The Dresden Dolls loves them.

lentower

• if you see me at a show (or elsewhere), please come over & say hi
  • this is a real photo of me. thanks sheri hausey!
    • len's web sight
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 05:01:43 PM »

hi

without much more effort, you can embed videos here on the new box

this makes it easier for others to view the video, and also get a preview

e.g.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d08ihGmaJDM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/d08ihGmaJDM</a>

you use the colored pin wheel format box - first on the second row, put in the width and the height after the = sign, then the url between the "][".  so the extra effort is just getting the width and height right!

I can imagine people who wrote that amazing stuff it's like her:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d08ihGmaJDM

that's why The Dresden Dolls loves them.
getting started:
BOX-RULES (please read...

further back:
Our forum before this one...

the CAPS guy

• Died at 672
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 05:59:18 PM »

hi

thank u! i had that doubt.... thank u!

Amber

• Asparagus, Eh?
    • Photastical
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 07:18:46 PM »

hi

this makes it easier for others to view the video, and also get a preview

Actually, those of us with dial-up internet much prefer the links. If I dare open a page with one of those at home my computer freezes and will not move until I hit the button to turn it off. I don't think I'm being overly selfish my requesting that the people with quick internet take the extra second to click a link to save me ten minutes of appologizing and bribing my computer to work properly again.
Sorry if I sound bitchy, but the fact that the phone company has no competition means that they don't have to supply equal service, so we folks in the sticks are often forgotten about.
"Words are the mind's wings, are they not?" - Helen Keller

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »

The other site I know of that has a hatemail site was on ninjas, aha. Eh, I wish more of these letters had comebacks, since there were two letters concerning the Marines.
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

lil' lindsay

• im this many.
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 08:37:51 PM »

hate mail is nothing. my teacher is a lesbian.
mommy's wingman
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up