THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Itching to see Amanda in concert? Visit the tour page to see if she's playing a city near you!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53   Go Down

Author Topic: What you learned today.  (Read 93355 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: What you learned today.
« Reply #705 on: November 15, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »

There are only three foods that I will not eat. Sweet potatoes, Raw marshmallows, and Lima beans.

this here platter of deep fried tarantulas says there's four.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #706 on: November 15, 2012, 07:57:21 PM »

There are only three foods that I will not eat. Sweet potatoes, Raw marshmallows, and Lima beans.

this here platter of deep fried tarantulas says there's four.
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

sangrebloom

• I'm working toward something, I don't know what...
« Reply #707 on: November 15, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »

dude, worst drive home ever.  I ended up having to hit the brakes on my car because a big truck/suv thing stopped in the middle of the street.  So I braked and thought maybe someone was trying to pull into a drive way on the other side of the road, I heard some yelling like someone saying "GO!" so I just sat there and waited.  The truck does a U-turn and I see what the heck he stopped for and it was a man laying in the middle of the street bloody,  He was yelling and clutching at his chest.  I called the cops and tried to give my general location, they got my number in case they needed it I guess and put my emergency lights on too.  It was sheer madness, luckily I didn't have to wait long for help to arrive, another man had jumped out of his car and was trying to keep the bleeding man calm...he was yelling and then got kind of quite, but he had been trying to sit up.

it was awful.
Wow. I'm so sorry. That sounds terrifying.
I also learned that the man I saw was stabbed.  the newspaper said nothing of if he lived or died or why...I'm not sure they know the latter.

I still feel emotionally weird...i don't know if it's because i'm being stupid or if it's valid. I mean I don't know the man; so there is no connection to him that would cause this feeling of distress, but he is human and his suffering just made my heart clench.  I'm still working through this feeling, and writing it down is helping me sort through it. 

I'm on board with sweet potato roasting in hell, I did a hell landscape or hellscape if you will of all the awesome people that would be in hell just because of people trying to micro define evil. I'd share my roasted sweet potato with Kurt Cobain.
I had to google pegging.

"I'm generally confused - I can't hear you over my obnoxious wealth"

Indja Points:40

Faloleen

« Reply #708 on: November 16, 2012, 08:05:47 AM »

I also learned that the man I saw was stabbed.  the newspaper said nothing of if he lived or died or why...I'm not sure they know the latter.

I still feel emotionally weird...i don't know if it's because i'm being stupid or if it's valid. I mean I don't know the man; so there is no connection to him that would cause this feeling of distress, but he is human and his suffering just made my heart clench.  I'm still working through this feeling, and writing it down is helping me sort through it. 
Oh, that's horrible!
Don't worry about your feelings, it's completely normal to feel shaken when you experience something like that. My friend found a dying girl on a street once and he said he wasn't able to thing about anything else for days.
I hope you'll feel better soon.
Fate is not a factor.

Rose

« Reply #709 on: November 16, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »

dude, worst drive home ever.  I ended up having to hit the brakes on my car because a big truck/suv thing stopped in the middle of the street.  So I braked and thought maybe someone was trying to pull into a drive way on the other side of the road, I heard some yelling like someone saying "GO!" so I just sat there and waited.  The truck does a U-turn and I see what the heck he stopped for and it was a man laying in the middle of the street bloody,  He was yelling and clutching at his chest.  I called the cops and tried to give my general location, they got my number in case they needed it I guess and put my emergency lights on too.  It was sheer madness, luckily I didn't have to wait long for help to arrive, another man had jumped out of his car and was trying to keep the bleeding man calm...he was yelling and then got kind of quite, but he had been trying to sit up.

it was awful.

I'm on board with sweet potato roasting in hell, I did a hell landscape or hellscape if you will of all the awesome people that would be in hell just because of people trying to micro define evil. I'd share my roasted sweet potato with Kurt Cobain.
You're not being stupid, it's totally valid. That event is at the least a minor trauma, and it's going to take time to process it.

Savannah

• Ich Bin Ein
  • Accidentally on purpose
« Reply #710 on: November 16, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »

it was awful.

You're not being stupid, it's totally valid. That event is at the least a minor trauma, and it's going to take time to process it.

That's really traumatic. I'm so sorry.

I've never been able to stay calm and strong when i see someone suffering or dead. And i guess that's a quite common issue with most of the people. It doesn't matter if you call it empathetic thinking or emotional weakness. Like John Donne said, no man is an island.

And it's totally okay to get upset about some stranger's death.
Quote from: Amanda Palmer
I mean, we're losers with bandwidth. #LOFNOTC

facebook is like the worst book I've ever read. the characters do not evolve one bit and the plot is going nowhere.

Blue Canary

• You can't ignore my techno
« Reply #711 on: November 18, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »

^ I feel really horrible for posting what I'm going to post because it is definitely minuscule to what she had just described. :/

But I learned that I am never going to do edibles again. They usually barely affected me, but this one was a doozy. It was two hours later and I was sure that it wasn't going to work, but I was in line at Target when it hit me. I was having fun for about 45 minutes until I started panicking. I was safe with friends, but my heart was beating too quickly and I was sure I was going to die. I ended up calling another friend who's good with crisis situations and she ended taking me home. I was even still feeling it at work a little today, which was truly awful.
I definitely owe my friend lunch.
You should totally barf on all their dicks. I will help.

Pope Totalfrog

• AKA Arse Fez von Titty Biscuit
  • Queen of the wild (suburban) frontier.
    • twitter
« Reply #712 on: November 18, 2012, 02:09:29 AM »

Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food.
Sigged for truth.
Wow. Froggie's like a superhero...
Trick question: No matter how they're prepared, and how hungry you may be, tarantulas are NOT food

sangrebloom

« Reply #713 on: November 18, 2012, 02:33:16 AM »

^ I feel really horrible for posting what I'm going to post because it is definitely minuscule to what she had just described. :/

But I learned that I am never going to do edibles again. They usually barely affected me, but this one was a doozy. It was two hours later and I was sure that it wasn't going to work, but I was in line at Target when it hit me. I was having fun for about 45 minutes until I started panicking. I was safe with friends, but my heart was beating too quickly and I was sure I was going to die. I ended up calling another friend who's good with crisis situations and she ended taking me home. I was even still feeling it at work a little today, which was truly awful.

Also a really scary experience! that counts as a lesson learned for sure.

*you guys made me feel a lot better about how I was handling it too, Thanks tonnes tons and extras*
I had to google pegging.

Rose

« Reply #714 on: November 18, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »

Shit. That's kind of why I'll never try edibles, my sister had a similar experience.

I'm glad you're okay, and I'm glad you had a friend who knew how to help you. I imagine it was completely awful, feeling like something is wrong and being unable to do anything but ride it out is the worst.

sangrebloom

« Reply #715 on: November 18, 2012, 07:48:10 PM »

edibles are very strong, if I hadn't been a daily smoker, i wouldn't of been ok to consume them either.  now that i've been off smoking for a few months I'm sure it'd hit like a punch to the mouth.
I had to google pegging.

Rose

« Reply #716 on: November 18, 2012, 07:54:32 PM »

I am a complete and total control freak. So it's weird that I smoke marijuana, really. But when I smoke, I can pretty much tell exactly how high I'm going to get by how much I smoke, and how long it's going to last, so it's not a big deal. And I only do it in places and around people I feel completely safe with, otherwise it ruins the experience and I get paranoid.

Edibles sound like it's more of a mixed bag, and they hit you at different times, and they sometimes last longer than they should. Way too many variables. Sooo not ever touching that.

Blue Canary

« Reply #717 on: November 18, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »

^They definitely are a surprise every time. But in a really horrible way sometimes. I think I got most of it because I shared it with two of my friends and it didn't hit them at all.

Rose

« Reply #718 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:34 PM »

Well, that just sucks for all three of you.

Blue Canary

« Reply #719 on: November 18, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »

ahahahaha Truer words have never been spoken.
To be a fly on the wall of that experience.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53   Go Up