THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pictures of your pet!  (Read 46218 times)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
Re: Pictures of your pet!
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »

Oh, poor poppet! (both the cat and your wallet xD) Is he ok? Also, why is he called Punkin?

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2009, 11:57:58 AM »

Oh, poor poppet! (both the cat and your wallet xD) Is he ok? Also, why is he called Punkin?
Punkin should be fine, although he is most unhappy that he may not go outside (and he doesn't
even know it'll be TEN DAYS at least).  He's normally allowed to come and go pretty much as he
pleases.   Having  to take  the amoxicillin  drops is an irritant, but it only takes a moment, so he
gets over it about as fast as it happens (and they're bubblegum-flavoured, really...)

My sister named him, probably something to do with the fact that she bought him (yes, my sister
the vegetarian, tree-hugging, animal-rights nut bought a kitten) right around Hallowe'en.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »

Punkin should be fine, although he is most unhappy that he may not go outside (and he doesn't
even know it'll be TEN DAYS at least).  He's normally allowed to come and go pretty much as he
pleases.   Having  to take  the amoxicillin  drops is an irritant, but it only takes a moment, so he
gets over it about as fast as it happens (and they're bubblegum-flavoured, really...)

My sister named him, probably something to do with the fact that she bought him (yes, my sister
the vegetarian, tree-hugging, animal-rights nut bought a kitten) right around Hallowe'en.

D'aw, poor little mite. Give him a tickle behind the ears from me.

But... Pumpkin? Surely?

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2009, 09:29:19 PM »

Not Pumpkin, Punkin.....  It's a more casual, country-fied way to say it.

He doesn't even seem to be sore.   :uglystupid2:

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »

Stoopid catter xD I like "punkin" much better than "pumpkin", I must admit.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 07:23:12 PM »

I guess it kinda makes him badass....  Ripped open, stapled back together, totally
unfazed by the experience (he's been play-fighting with KC like nuthin's wrong...)

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 03:06:31 PM »

KC??? Like... Kaiser Chiefs?! :o

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 11:49:38 PM »

WARNING: HISTORY LESSON
Probably the most prosperous of the 17th Century English settlers in Virginia were the Carters,
who had several fine plantation houses throughout the Tidewater region.  Among these holdings
was Shirley Plantation, in Charles City County.  There is an ongoing archaeological study of the
original structures of the plantation, and a friend of mine was one of the archaeologists there.

Someone left a wee small gray-stripey kitten and a bag of gownup-cat food by the driveway at
Shirley.  They already have a full complement of kittehs, so a home was needed, and I volunteered.

Since he came from Shirley, this kitteh must be a Carter (which is to say, a member of an old and
very distinguished family)...  and so "Kitty Carter" (or Kitten Carter, Kitteh...).

[If that wasn't uninteresting enough...  The folks of the "old" families and communities of Eastern
Virginia take great pride in their peculiar accent, which they have cultivated for hundreds of years...
Said in their fashion, it would really sould like "kitteh cah-tuh"...   ;D  ]

Indja

• wants my
  • Go, Joe, GO!
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »

WARNING: HISTORY LESSON
Probably the most prosperous of the 17th Century English settlers in Virginia were the Carters,
who had several fine plantation houses throughout the Tidewater region.  Among these holdings
was Shirley Plantation, in Charles City County.  There is an ongoing archaeological study of the
original structures of the plantation, and a friend of mine was one of the archaeologists there.

Someone left a wee small gray-stripey kitten and a bag of gownup-cat food by the driveway at
Shirley.  They already have a full complement of kittehs, so a home was needed, and I volunteered.

Since he came from Shirley, this kitteh must be a Carter (which is to say, a member of an old and
very distinguished family)...  and so "Kitty Carter" (or Kitten Carter, Kitteh...).

[If that wasn't uninteresting enough...  The folks of the "old" families and communities of Eastern
Virginia take great pride in their peculiar accent, which they have cultivated for hundreds of years...
Said in their fashion, it would really sould like "kitteh cah-tuh"...   ;D  ]

I thought that was pretty interesting! And I'm not being sarky.

Annebelle.

• Trampeltier
  • How 'bout a nice and warm Cake Sex Riot?
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2009, 06:39:05 PM »

one of my babies!

Quote from: Niels
"if he tells me no I'll do your mum until she hits the floor, eventually I know she's doomed to come right back and ask for more"

marie_x

• lovefool
  • <3
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2009, 06:45:04 PM »

awww!  :love5:
trust me, he's no valentine. though he said he would be mine, his heart is in alaska all the time.

ItsAllSoSugarless

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2009, 07:08:33 PM »

:D holy mother of fuck. that is one cute cat.

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2009, 07:30:18 PM »

these are the new baby chickens!!! i'll try to name them in the order they are in from left to right starting from the top
the brown one laying down is Pauly (after pauly shore buuuuuuuuudy), the yellow one with the brown butt next to her is Parker (after Charlie "Bird" Parker), the yellow one next to her is Nemo, the other brown one on the left is Gertrude (my mom-in-law had a duck named that once and the really nice lady who helped us was named trudy so it reminded her), the black one with the yellow head (under nemo) is Pie (as in I DONT WANT TO BE A PIE!!!), and next to her is my favorite baby Nugget (as in I DONT WANT TO BE A NUGGET), and under her is Dory...they're all girls and they're all egg layers, b/c we do NOT eat our baby chickens  :love5:

marie_x

• lovefool
  • <3
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2009, 07:35:47 PM »

these are the new baby chickens!!! i'll try to name them in the order they are in from left to right starting from the top
the brown one laying down is Pauly (after pauly shore buuuuuuuuudy), the yellow one with the brown butt next to her is Parker (after Charlie "Bird" Parker), the yellow one next to her is Nemo, the other brown one on the left is Gertrude (my mom-in-law had a duck named that once and the really nice lady who helped us was named trudy so it reminded her), the black one with the yellow head (under nemo) is Pie (as in I DONT WANT TO BE A PIE!!!), and next to her is my favorite baby Nugget (as in I DONT WANT TO BE A NUGGET), and under her is Dory...they're all girls and they're all egg layers, b/c we do NOT eat our baby chickens  :love5:

HOLY SHIT CHICKENS ARE CUTE
trust me, he's no valentine. though he said he would be mine, his heart is in alaska all the time.

tanqgirl

• honest to god i will break your heart, tear you to pieces and rip you apart
  • i fell apart, but got back up again
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2009, 07:37:51 PM »

OH I KNOW!!!! THEY ARE SOOOO CUTE!!! AND TINY TOO!!! i have little hands, like most kids in middle school have larger hands (guys and girls) and they fit in one of my little hands just sitting there, i LOVE THEM!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20  All   Go Up