THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

AFP's not camera shy and her YouTube and Vimeo channels are chock-full of eye candy to prove it. Content's added to both all the time, so be sure to subscribe!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My band: Sorry Bunch  (Read 17416 times)

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
My band: Sorry Bunch
« on: April 23, 2009, 06:02:06 AM »

www.myspace.com/sorrybunch

NEW WEBSITE: http://www.sorrybunch.com

Let me introduce you to my band Sorry Bunch, we're two guys, playing the drums and piano + vocals.

I've just recently recorded some of the songs with just one USB microphone (Samson CO1), so the quality isn't great, but good enough to give you an impression of the music.
We've been working our asses off after we quit our band Above the Attic (we were just ready to perform; had recorded a demo, had a photo shoot etcetera. But it wasn't what we wanted, so we quit and started from scratch with just the two of us. What you hear on our myspace is created in the past two months).

I really hope some of you here can give me your opinion about the music, or just enjoy it :) .

colordeaf

• New! Chicken of the Galaxy Dolphin Nuggets
    • Gallery of Questionable Taste
Re: My band: Sorry Bunch
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »

I like the low-fi sound. It can possibly be used as a production effect for those songs that need the extra air of enigma :]
Dude...  I'm getting high just from being in the same room with you...

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »

Well we (Roemer and I) both agree that we don't like slick sounding bands, so something like that might be used.

New song up 'No Piano'. Currently working on lyrics and melody for Britpop #2, another new song, and Crosses (a song which we recorded, but it didn't went well enough to put it there).

overratedtoejam

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 12:54:49 PM »

i really like your music! and i also like the sound of the recordings..keep it up dawg. :headbang:

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 03:29:20 PM »

I will :) I think we'll be recording some new songs next week.

I'm currently working on my vocals, I'm not happy with them at all, and I really need to learn so much. But I'm getting better at it. This is the first time I really am writing melodies and making complete songs, normally I'd be the one arranging the piano and cello and that would be it.

overratedtoejam

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »

I will :) I think we'll be recording some new songs next week.

I'm currently working on my vocals, I'm not happy with them at all, and I really need to learn so much. But I'm getting better at it. This is the first time I really am writing melodies and making complete songs, normally I'd be the one arranging the piano and cello and that would be it.

in my own experience, the more you sing, the better your voice gets. i'm not saying sing until your throat hurts, but try to sing as often as you can. also, singing to music with different styles of singing (like sitting at your piano and playing songs from your favorite bands) can also help you. that's just what's worked for me. good luck with recording!

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 04:24:16 PM »

Yeah I know, I've been singing a lot more lately. And just practicing parts of my own songs, which is so strange, but it does work.

And thank you :)

overratedtoejam

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 05:04:33 PM »

no problemo O0

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »

We're currently trying to figure out when we can record our EP called 'Five Line Poem'. We'll try to record it around May the 15th.

In June or in July we want to go to Berlin to tour for ten or so days. Roemer, the drummer is in charge of fixing that.

The website will be up soon on www.sorrybunch.com. I will be working on the artwork and everything, the website itself is already finished, all we need to do is put it up (which a friend of mine will do).

In October we want to go to Spain.

And in the mean time we want to write a shitload of new songs :)

We're now trying to decide which songs we want to put on the EP (maximum of five songs).

So everything is going well and our first performance will be somewhere in June (at a local small venue, which is fine :) ).

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 01:39:37 PM »

We are postponing the recording of the EP for various reasons (money, our songs, et cetera).

We do have a website now: www.sorrybunch.com

And we're trying to finish the concept behind the artstyle and music combined (it's a mix of modern art and Romanticism).

overratedtoejam

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 01:50:28 PM »

dude, that website is kick ass.

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 01:59:28 PM »

Thanks :) It was the website for my previous band (I put in around 80 hours for all the animations and stuff). And I just changed it a little bit for Sorry Bunch. It would've been a shame not to use it after spending so much time.

Glad you like it!

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 06:35:33 AM »

Now recording the demo (drums, that's why I'm able to type). Three songs will be recorded; On Water We Float, Erase This and Catch 22. Now working on Catch 22.

The week after next week we'll be doing the vocals.

We've also got a photo shoot planned within the next two weeks (meeting next week for the concept).

And I'll be remaking the website after the photo shoot (or changing it a hell of a lot).

In September we'll be touring for a week in Berlin.

And yes, we are way off schedule, but quality takes time muha.

guuurrrrrllltakeiteasy

• We accept the love we think we deserve
  • je veux ton coq
    • Mein YouTube
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 01:28:35 PM »

This is a really cool website.
Quote from: garbanzo bean
Sean, mahal kita <3

Fo' shizzle, ma Bizzle.

cuntnugget

Pelle

• I apparently am a
    • Sorry Bunch
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 01:38:31 PM »

Thank you :). I have to revise it though, to make it more accessible.

But I think I'll combine that with the pimpin' of myspace and a couple of other things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8  All   Go Up