THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 207   Go Down

Author Topic: Gayness  (Read 283084 times)

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
Re: Gayness
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 10:13:01 PM »

I'm straight.
I tried being bi-sexual at 14 because I was, and still am, attracted to women. But I'm actually deathly shy around most pretty girls, so I have no real experience dating/being sexually active with women.   

Oh ho ho, thar me lassy!  Mali assaulted my poon last we spoke in person.  True story.  Tell'em!

buttercup.

• the girl you have in that merry green land...
  • ...can wait forever for you to come home.
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 11:06:04 PM »

I'm straight.
I tried being bi-sexual at 14 because I was, and still am, attracted to women. But I'm actually deathly shy around most pretty girls, so I have no real experience dating/being sexually active with women.   

Oh ho ho, thar me lassy!  Mali assaulted my poon last we spoke in person.  True story.  Tell'em!

>:D

caddy

• The Anti-Semantic
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 11:08:46 PM »

I'm straight.

The face says it all!

:love5:

nottheonethatscrazy

• I am not your lover. I am the map you use to find him.
  • I want my chest pressed to your chest.
    • That never talking thing you do is effective.
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 12:00:52 AM »

ATTENTION LESBIANS!
Does anyone know any really good positions?

Kyal

• Artful
  • Growing up sucks!
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 04:33:51 AM »

Quote from: nottheonethatscrazy on: April 26, 2009, 12:00:52 AM
ATTENTION LESBIANS!

If I did I'd tell you but I'm not a female homosexual or female bisexual for that matter.

So, are you gay? Are you LGBT, undecided or other?
I somewhat consider myself bisexual.
(And anyone can get infected condoms.)
Though I find myself attracted to alot of different people these days and have thoughts about the occasional "life's a drag" kind of way.
So I'm still pretty undecided anyway.

Do you fall into, break or try to avoid gay stereotypes?
Kylie Minouge. Scissor Sisters. Queen.
Cabaret is the word I was introduced to the dresden dolls with so basically... You can see that I'm straight as a wet noodle.

Do you have people you look up to in the LGBT community and if so, why?
Yea but nothing came out of it.

Have you ever encountered prejudice? If so, what kind?
Alot, alienation and exclusion. "Every guy thinks I'm out ot get him" kind of thing. And girls "just wanna be friends" casue they don't know that I'm trying to get in there pants until there all over the guy next to me and I fuck off.

Well. That is a bit frictuous
"Do it for me"
What am if not a slave to this hypocrisy, get a job to fit in the minimum wage why my mind decays out of schooling.
Eventually becoming one of them, one who disassociates himself with his own species and attempts to mock natives to his own planet. Faggot was your father.

old news

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 08:14:33 AM »

I'm bi ... but prefer the term sapiosexual because the truth is, I am much more attracted to minds than bodies. Not to say that I don't love the flesh, because I do, but I don't have predilection for any type of body. I tend to find more female bodies attractive than male bodies, but nothing can compare to a challenging mind. And for the record, because it somehow seems related, I am monogamous, married to a man, but am still very much bi/sapiosexual.
This actually sounds really similar to how I feel.

• Holding out for a
  • Don't be afraid of the dark ages darling...
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 11:04:51 AM »

Sort of undecided, probably closest to Bi.

Do you think these categories are useful or oppressive?
I'd say they're useful, but by no means definitive. I tend to see sexuality as an infinite spectrum as apposed to a certain number of categories.

When did you first know you were gay?
Part of me has known I like girls as well as boys for a long time, it just took a specific girl to draw that side out of me.

Are you in or out of the closet? If it's the latter then how did you come out?
Bit of both (though what with some current love life drama doesn't look like it'll stay that way for long!). Not out to my family, I don't see a need to at this point in my life because I'm still finding myself really, and I know there are certain members who won't like it.

Also, how did people react and what changes took place in your life (if any) when you did come out?
No one was very shocked really and nothing really changed. Once I assured my sillier female friends that I didn't fancy them all was back to normal :p

What does being gay mean to you? Do you 'wear' it? and How much does it define your personality? 
I don't think I'd be that different were I straight to be honest, I'd probably just do a bit less staring at legs...

I don't think I do.

Nothing really with malicious intent, mostly just people who are ignorant.
What a fucking thunder cunt thing to say.

nottheonethatscrazy

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 11:33:11 AM »

ATTENTION LESBIANS!

If I did I'd tell you but I'm not a female homosexual or female bisexual for that matter.
Thanks anyway, dude.
Do you know anything nice that can be achieved without a penis?
[oral or otherwise?]

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 02:09:10 PM »

[oral or otherwise?]

Get toys. Seriously. You can do soooo much with a little vibe.
So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.

slyvia k

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »

Gay.

Oh, I don't know. I used to say I didn't want to define myself, that I fell in love with the person - not with what's in their underpants... and when I came out to my friends, it was easier to say I liked boys too. I thought it would make it ''less bad''.
Now I totally feel ok with being categorized gay/lesbian. 
I don't like how some people I know feel that sexuality totally defines who you are, and that people who are the same sexuality have SOOOO many things in common, that's bullshit in my opinion.

Ah, I've been liking girls for as long as I can remember. I didn't really know what it meant, etc. I don't think I was fully aware of it.

Out to most of my friends, and some university classmates. And the whole wide web, if it counts. I came out talking, or, to my best friend, in a long long email (to explain why I had hidden it from her for so long - it turned out she totally knew anyhow). I'm in to my family and intend to stay so until I move out.

Also, how did people react and what changes took place in your life (if any) when you did come out?
It's really good to whine to my friends about my love life and just talk about it and have shoulders to cry on. My friends were all really mega supportive.
I ALSO came out to my crush, telling her I liked her, and she's straight but has been treating me exactly the same way as before, if not kinder.... so I'm sort of lucky.

What does being gay mean to you? Do you 'wear' it? and How much does it define your personality? 
Uhm I don't know. I really really like short hair, and I guess I do look a bit butchy, but apparently I don't look particularly lesbionic (thanks Niels for this adjective, I stole it from you).
I don't think it defines my personality much. I like girls, that's just a part of me.

I am totally a gay man according to stereotypes. Well, I was. Used to listen to all the MALE GAY Icons, Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler, Gloria Gaynor, Madonna, Dolly Parton, and the list goes on an on.
I have short hair, is that a stereotype for lesbians? 

Do you associate yourself with gay music and media like 'queercore'?
Uhm I'd say that I listen pretty much to ''gay'' music and straight music... I like how in English many times the gender pronouns are not really said in songs... And like, Tegan & Sara's music, youd' have no clue they're gay just by listening to the songs....

Not really...

I haven't. well I have, indirectly, from my granny, my family, people around me. but. they don't know I'm gay, or don't want to know, so...
I think I'm not out to enough people to encouter it yet. and it's only friends, and friends I know would accept it, so.... we'll see with the others...

Cirque

• will emerge from the cocoon as a
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »

I'm going to go with Niels and say I'm a can of beans  :)

I think it's usefull to be able to shorthand it with gay or bisexual. (on a more grammar related note does it sounds wrong to people when "I'm lesbian" is said? shouldn't there be an 'a' in there?)
Gay (when applied to men) is a guy who likes guys, thats what I am.
Which is also why particularly femme guys don't do it for me, I like guys as in guyish guys.

Can't really say, to me it's always been this way

Uh I guess the door is open but I'm like...sitting half way out.
My parents know and so do all my friends but with school people I just feel I don't need people being wary of me for that reason, which would happen.
Either way I don't include it as part of my introduction.

There a lot of "well duh" from my friends, my mom wanted me to go to counseling.
What was fantastic was the ability to help my best friend come out, now our other friend say that we won't shut up about being gay. Her being gay made me more confident in that side of me and realise that if i were straight life would be a fuckload different and I like my life.

Well I guess if it's a part of me it's a part of my personality but really I don't feel like I over play it or make it super obvious. If somebody is mean to me I won't automatically think it's because I'm gay.
I see it more so as a quality, I like apples...and men.

Well stereotypes are kind of there from experience, I can be pretty stereotypical at times like with my music taste or such.
What angers me is how I feel my mom assumes that with my being gay I will turn in to some sort of flaming queen covered in body glitter.
I don't try to break stereotypes but i don't try to fit into them.
I try to be and if thats a stereotype then fuck it.

I actually listen to a fuck lot of queercore. (The butchies, Team Dresch, the cliks, sleater-kinney) but the music that would automatically be seen as gay, like Madonna or Kylie, is the type I'm not really into.
My general media influence tends to be more lesbian centered rather than gay male.
It seems that for gay men the stereotype is much more represented in media.
Like how they made Will from will and grace even gayer as the seasons went on.
But if you watch the L word or sugar rush it seems to stress the point that gay can come from all walks of life.

Woooh Ellen!! But seriously I don't think I look up to anyone, people might say the admire a persons courage to come out but if I did it then why should I admire them for doing what I have done?

Not really, I do have a friend who often stops in a sentence when he was about to describe something as gay or use the word fag but I actually find it hilarious how he tip toes.

long post :D

Merk

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »

Ayyeee. Gay.

Nah, we may do it different in the bed room but were all the same @ the end of the day.

When did you first know you were gay?[
i say your born gay: when my  :icon_king: whent up when i saw a naked man.

Are you in or out of the closet?
Out to friends IN to Family

"OMMMGGG I KNEW IT! -.- *sigh* i was automaticly "the fashion guru" and everyone wanted me to go shopping 24/7 and hold me hand >.<

i don't realy take it like as a "Big" thing....

fall

nooopeee.

amanda palmer, patrick wolf

P.e Teacher. laughed in my face cos i couldn't do p.e cos i burned my hand on my straightners ;P. he tod the rest of the p.e teachers, and he just picked on me for a 2 whole years.

nottheonethatscrazy

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 10:52:43 PM »

[oral or otherwise?]

I'm not 18 yet.
And the 18 year old that I know that would get one for us doesn't want to because she has a crush on my girl.
I'll be 17 in August, but I've still got a while.......

Kyal

• Artful
  • Growing up sucks!
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:08 PM »

ATTENTION LESBIANS!

Thanks anyway, dude.
[oral or otherwise?]

Well in a situaiton like this I suggest google be your friend, but something great to do,straight people can do it too; your tounge can go everywhere a hand can. If this isn't too fetish-esque for you just be wary some people don't like being covered in spit.
"Do it for me"
What am if not a slave to this hypocrisy, get a job to fit in the minimum wage why my mind decays out of schooling.
Eventually becoming one of them, one who disassociates himself with his own species and attempts to mock natives to his own planet. Faggot was your father.

dangerpants

• I'd sell your heart to the junkman for a buck.
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41:15 PM »

[oral or otherwise?]

I'm not 18 yet.
And the 18 year old that I know that would get one for us doesn't want to because she has a crush on my girl.
I'll be 17 in August, but I've still got a while.......

Not everything that vibrates is sold as a sex toy...

...think about it...

So in conclusion it wasn't all the sex you were having, it was his suspicion that you were a vagina elf drug dealer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 207   Go Up