THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Like" Amanda? Be sure to Zuckerberg-that-shit, and show her on Facebook... (The Dolls' Facebook is HERE)

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gayness  (Read 285164 times)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
Re: Gayness
« Reply #3090 on: December 21, 2014, 07:27:43 PM »

^ d'awww  :)

TLC's latest gift to the world:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NccyqI4L2EE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NccyqI4L2EE</a>

:violent1:

AnaRusalka

• Bot Detection Mistress
« Reply #3091 on: December 22, 2014, 03:12:49 AM »

I.... what? I'm so confused right now. What is this show even about?   :icon_scratch:
The beautiful artwork for my avatar can be found at http://vmbui.deviantart.com/art/fishbowl-133354297

Please support this amazing artist. Her work is incredible. :3

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #3092 on: December 26, 2014, 06:54:14 PM »

I.... what? I'm so confused right now. What is this show even about?   :icon_scratch:

Gay Mormon men who marry straight women in an effort to deny their true sexuality.

Miss Sahara

« Reply #3093 on: May 22, 2015, 04:11:44 PM »

why you should come visit my hometown:
 ;-)

http://nypost.com/2015/05/13/austria-unveils-gay-and-straight-traffic-lights/

there was so much positive feedback to the traffic lights that it was now decided they will stay that way (and not only until june)

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #3094 on: May 23, 2015, 03:04:37 PM »

Between that and Ireland's big vote, there's hope for Europe yet.

Kerry_Wayne

« Reply #3095 on: July 21, 2015, 12:40:19 AM »

So are you gay? Are you LGBT, undecided or other?
I am gay.

Do you think these categories are useful or oppressive?
For me they were very useful. Growing up I would always cop-out and say that I didn't believe in labels or something along the lines of "why can't we all just be people?". Because I was afraid of coming to terms with who I really was. But now after I've come out I understand that living by the whole "why can't we just be people" logic is kind of oppressive, not the labels. By ignoring the labels we're pretending that gay, lesbian, trans, bi, etc... people don't exist and thereby invalidating their struggles and our own.

When did you first know you were gay?
I'm not really sure if there was an exact moment. It's been something that I've always felt. I definitely had a moment a little over a year ago I believe when I was finally honest with myself and essentially "came out to myself" (by that I mean I just sat down and didn't move until I worked up the courage to say the words out loud to myself).

Are you in or out of the closet? If it's the latter then how did you come out?
I'm out to friends but not to family. Coming out to my best friend was the most terrified, excited, liberated, vulnerable etc.. I've ever felt in my entire life.

Also, how did people react and what changes took place in your life (if any) when you did come out?
Not a lot actually! And that was something that surprised me. I worked up so much courage to be honest about something that I had been hiding for 21 years, but nothing really changed. Pretty anticlimactic, but in the best way possible. (Haven't come out to my conservative Southern Baptist family though. I'm sure much will change after that.)

What does being gay mean to you? Do you 'wear it'? and How much does it define your personality?
As I'm getting older and am becoming more comfortable in my own skin I'm noticing it's taking a more prominent role in my life. I spent so long hiding it that, now that I'm ready to be honest with everyone, I'm finally comfortable with being myself.

Do you fall into, break or try to avoid gay stereotypes?
I used to before I came out, but now I don't care. I like what I like. And honestly it doesn't matter. A person's taste in music, movies, clothing etc doesn't define their sexuality.

Do you associate yourself with gay music and media like "queercore"?
I definitely gravitate more towards gay themed songs/movies/media but it isn't all I'm interested in. But hearing artist's like Sam Smith and Mary Lambert on the radio does make me immensely proud.

Do you have people you look up to in the LGBT community and if so, why?
I can't think of any off the top of my head

Have you ever encountered prejudice? If so, what kind?
Nothing really blatant. Stares, my boyfriend and I were kissing in the parking lot at the mall once and this person parked in front of us then promptly backed out and changed parking spaces after seeing us. There's a sign in front of a church that has "GAYS ARE AN ABOMINATION TO GOD" in flashing neon letters. (I should note that I live in Mississippi so it's kind of expected). If/when I come out totally I'm sure I'll experience more blatant prejudice :/
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207]   Go Up