THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Vinyl Albums. (stories, pics and shits...)  (Read 11190 times)

Rob

• Now I must go, Sean Hannity is on.
  • Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
Re: Albums in Vinyl. (pics)
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 09:21:29 PM »

Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

tonic pancake.

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 11:04:23 PM »

awesome.

Kenny Wisdom

• Desire in a Bowl of Potatoes
  • Emmett does peace; his way.
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 05:22:50 AM »

First record player I had had 4 speeds!

78 rpm...

Pretty ancient.

I have spent the best part of half a life-time replacing all my vinyl with CD. Just a few left to source. I am not going backwards again.
http://www.diggers.org/overview.htm

A life played for keeps. Read it, dig it, man...

Laissez lire, et laissez danser; ces deux amusements ne feront jamais de mal au monde!!

Greg Nova wrote:
Harper tu n'es qu'un petit couillon!

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
  • The Guy With The Blue Avatar
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 12:39:44 PM »

Even though I like vinyl, I think that it's a crock to say that the sound quality is better than that of a cd. Maybe vinyls made these days ARE better, but to say that a vinyl made in the '70s or earlier is better is delusional, and this is coming from an audiophile.
What is a rebel? A man who says no. - Albert Camus

Niels

• Shadows stuffed with organs
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2007, 01:28:03 PM »

so... say I wanted to get a record player... where would I best get one? some things to watch out for? I wanted to get one a few years back, but at the store they said I'd need an amplifier and speakers too... waaay to expensive to play just a couple of old records. so... where could I get one?

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »

so... say I wanted to get a record player... where would I best get one? some things to watch out for? I wanted to get one a few years back, but at the store they said I'd need an amplifier and speakers too... waaay to expensive to play just a couple of old records. so... where could I get one?
Amazon.com or eBay. I've also seen a combination record player/cd player/radio at K Mart.

such a classic girl

• ain't got time to make no apology
    • MySpace
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2007, 03:46:47 PM »

Amazon.com or eBay. I've also seen a combination record player/cd player/radio at K Mart.

two notes, at least from my experiences:
1) if you buy a portable record player, the speakers are built in and it's, well, portable. that would eliminate the need for buying extra speakers, though your audio quality would obviously not be amazing. but many portable record players, or at least new ones, have outputs as well in case you DO decide to hook up speakers.
2) be careful buying on ebay. i bought a record player said to be in perfect condition, and guess what - it wasn't. it was 'slow', meaning everything was distorted and dull-sounding, to the point of it being unlistenable and unusable. i tried to send it back, and the guy who sold it to me still hasn't contacted me about my refund, despite me having sent the package back.

my two cents. ;)
i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2007, 04:07:53 PM »

1) if you buy a portable record player, the speakers are built in and it's, well, portable. that would eliminate the need for buying extra speakers, though your audio quality would obviously not be amazing. but many portable record players, or at least new ones, have outputs as well in case you DO decide to hook up speakers.
2) be careful buying on ebay. i bought a record player said to be in perfect condition, and guess what - it wasn't. it was 'slow', meaning everything was distorted and dull-sounding, to the point of it being unlistenable and unusable. i tried to send it back, and the guy who sold it to me still hasn't contacted me about my refund, despite me having sent the package back.

my two cents. ;)
I hope that you gave them negative feedback.

such a classic girl

• MySpace
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2007, 05:07:06 PM »

my two cents. ;)

definitely, but it ain't getting me my $65 back...  :-\

Shawn

• Optimistic Pessimist
    • The Star Chamber
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »

my two cents. ;)

How did you pay? My mother won a computer for me on eBay, and the seller never delivered. My mother filed a complaint, and the seller had the audacity to ask her to drop it if he gave the computer a free upgrade. She didn't, and he still never delivered, but at least she recovered most of her money.

such a classic girl

• MySpace
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2007, 06:41:11 PM »

my two cents. ;)

How did you pay? My mother won a computer for me on eBay, and the seller never delivered. My mother filed a complaint, and the seller had the audacity to ask her to drop it if he gave the computer a free upgrade. She didn't, and he still never delivered, but at least she recovered most of her money.

paypal. i mean, if this guy doesn't respond within the next few weeks, i guess i'll file a complaint with ebay, but i've never really been through that process before and would like to avoid it, if possible.

SisterDesire

• I am the world's worst accident.............
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »

I LOVE vinyl and have NEVER stopped buying it......  it is just harder to find............. There is a store in NJ called Izzy's which still deals with almost ALL vinyl..........  I spend way too much money there.......
"I want to do more than survive; I want to rub it in your face."

T K

• not a kid anymore
  • Global Moderator
  • Brother, my cup is empty
    • Twilite
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »

Dammit! How did I miss this thread before?

I heart vinyl too, unfortunately my receiver is broken so I can't listen to anything until I get a new one.

Hopefully soon coz I got this gem on the way

The Creatures - Boomerang

I've been dying to hear it.
I'll most likely end up buying it on CD before I get a new receiver.

YAY records! I got  a medium sized collection
good thing Harpsey told me size does'nt matter

Drizz

• Her Vagesty, Our Lady of Perpetual Tardiness
  • Nappy-Headed Ho
    • Mah MySpace
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2007, 07:51:39 PM »

I got this gem on the way

The Creatures - Boomerang

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????

Nice.
Quote from: Pillowz R Kool
Quote from: Chay
i read somewhere that masturbating during your period can actually help with cramps
And you can finger paint after.

gargantuan

• Film/Music guy. Documentarian. Philosophy addict.
    • Music/Videos/Writing
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2007, 10:01:15 PM »

"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." —Banksy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up