THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda is making Art with your support on Patreon. Join become a patron and help AFP make ALL THE THINGS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Palin is.....  (Read 34297 times)

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

Schplynthia

• loves you.
  • we're not scaremongering, this is really happening
    • Notes From My Back Pocket
Re: Palin is.....
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »

Jesus.  The thought of Sarah Palin as the first woman President of the US just sent a shiver down my spine.
I've seen better days, but I don't care...

Tiervexx

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:52:06 PM »

Jesus.  The thought of Sarah Palin as the first woman President of the US just sent a shiver down my spine.

me too!

She has no chance though.  She is only liked by the republican loyalists.  Moderates hate her.

She does have a good shot at getting the republican nomination but this would just guarantee Obama's reelection.

Rob

• Now I must go, Sean Hannity is on.
  • Harmless
    • My Yahoo!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 05:42:57 PM »

She has no shot.  Her only hope was/is to ride in on the coat tails of a more prominant candidate.
Everybody dies
Frustrated and sad
And that is beautiful

Tiervexx

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 05:48:58 PM »

She has no shot.  Her only hope was/is to ride in on the coat tails of a more prominant candidate.

Do republicans have one right now?

...wait... I forgot about Newt Gingrich.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 06:16:45 PM »

Never underestimate the power of propaganda combined with human gullibility....

(Especially when you see how many districts are still using very vulnerable electronic voting
machines with no vote-verification receipts, and all manufactured by companies with close
ties to the GOP...  and the disturbing popularity of massive vote-by-mail initiatives.)
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Tiervexx

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 06:34:31 PM »

(Especially when you see how many districts are still using very vulnerable electronic voting
machines with no vote-verification receipts, and all manufactured by companies with close
ties to the GOP...  and the disturbing popularity of massive vote-by-mail initiatives.)

What would never work in America.  If Exit polls said Democrats won and the vote count said otherwise, AND machines were used there would be riots.  At least as bad as what's in Iran.

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 06:51:40 PM »

What would never work in America.  If Exit polls said Democrats won and the vote count said otherwise, AND machines were used there would be riots.  At least as bad as what's in Iran.

It has worked in the past, you just can't have it be as crazy of a "victory" as Ahmadinejad had.  Switching a few thousand votes though in a city or county, would not be that measurable and sometimes makes a difference in a swing state.
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

Tiervexx

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »

It has worked in the past, you just can't have it be as crazy of a "victory" as Ahmadinejad had.  Switching a few thousand votes though in a city or county, would not be that measurable and sometimes makes a difference in a swing state.

this is true but it has to be awfully close to work.

The Republican party is so damaged right now it just won't be that close... Newt MIGHT be able to get somewhere but I'm sure Palin would be crushed.

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 06:57:23 PM »

The Republican party is so damaged right now it just won't be that close... Newt MIGHT be able to get somewhere but I'm sure Palin would be crushed.

It wouldn't take much to make it believable, a few thousand votes in each precinct, keep doing that over and over you have some real numbers there.

Combine that with some creative purging of the voter rolls and it could be making some big differences.

The scary thing is how easy voter fraud really is with electronic machines

Tiervexx

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 07:01:10 PM »

It wouldn't take much to make it believable, a few thousand votes in each precinct, keep doing that over and over you have some real numbers there.

Combine that with some creative purging of the voter rolls and it could be making some big differences.

A few thousand in each precinct would become more noticeable.  They can accurately gauge how many will be in the state and from there it won't matter how many precincts you divide it up into.

Not saying that it could not happen... just that it would be difficult even with electronic machines.  They would need to get a significant number of people to all go in on it.

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 07:05:04 PM »

In case you missed it, the last election for one of Minnesota's US Senate seats was eventually decided by
about 400 votes.  Dubya's 2000 election swung on some very dubious vote-counting methodologies in a
few counties in Florida, and lest we forget, it is widely believed that John Kennedy defeated Richard Nixon
by the margin of a few thousand fraudulent votes in Illinois and Texas.

Anyway, the trick is simply to have more votes at the end of the election (Electoral Votes for the Presidency).
There's no need to try to make a "popular mandate", just a win.
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Tiervexx

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 07:16:41 PM »

In case you missed it, the last election for one of Minnesota's US Senate seats was eventually decided by
about 400 votes.  Dubya's 2000 election swung on some very dubious vote-counting methodologies in a
few counties in Florida, and lest we forget, it is widely believed that John Kennedy defeated Richard Nixon

Anyway, the trick is simply to have more votes at the end of the election (Electoral Votes for the Presidency).

I addressed this basic idea with:

"this is true but it has to be awfully close to work.

The Republican party is so damaged right now it just won't be that close... Newt MIGHT be able to get somewhere but I'm sure Palin would be crushed."

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 07:43:09 PM »

The Republican party is so damaged right now it just won't be that close... Newt MIGHT be able to get somewhere but I'm sure Palin would be crushed."

Didn't 2004 start the "permanent Republican majority"?

There is no telling what the political landscape will look like in 2012.

Tiervexx

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 11:10:18 PM »

Didn't 2004 start the "permanent Republican majority"?

No, I never heard anyone say that till just now.  Maybe a few people thought that but no where near as broad of a consensus as what we have now that the republicans will need a long time to recover.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14  All   Go Up