THESHADOWBOX.NET

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Amanda's got a blog. If blogs could talk, it'd ask you to read it. It might even say "please."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Palin is.....  (Read 34289 times)

CeeGBee

• Too o-o-old to rock & ro-o-oll, but too young to die...
  • Global Moderator
    • Facebook, website, what's the dif?
Re: Palin is.....
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »

If he had a chance of securing the nomination, I'd switch my registration to republican so I could vote for him in the primaries.

Wait a sec.....

Under Federal election law, if he were on the ballot, he'd have to take a vacation from his radio show,
wouldn't he?   I'm in!
Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me?

Cheddars Cousin

• I'm no Gouda
  • Legendairy
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »

Rush Limbaugh will get the number one spot.

In Hell!

music box

• http://icemyeyes.deviantart.com/
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 12:08:44 PM »

i think she might run for a higher office. however, if her family is a true concern she might try to stay out of the spotlight for a while.

like that will happen, though. people are all over her 24/7.

J_Beck

• Only G-d Can Judge Me
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »

She quit the last job before running for Governor, maybe she thinks it's a good strategy?

If that is the case she needs to look back a little more:

She claimed to leave the previous job because it was too corrupt, this makes sense to voters especially in a state where this is a huge issue.

This time she has none of those potential positives and only the label quitter.
"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

music box

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »

if she has a strategy i don't see it. i think this is kind of bizarre and out of nowhere.

Tiervexx

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »

if she has a strategy i don't see it. i think this is kind of bizarre and out of nowhere.

I agree.  I don't think she is running for 2012 because this is such a horrible thing to do if she is.  She is probably retiring from politics or at least taking a big vacation.  She might just do a book tour or become a lobbyist or something.

music box

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »

i don't think she'll try for president in 2012. if anything i think she might run for senate.

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2009, 07:13:19 PM »

I just had a kinda frightening thought......

In 1960, JFK defeated his Republican adversary for the Presidency, and that fellow went back
to California and declared:

YOU WON'T HAVE NIXON TO KICK AROUND ANYMORE....   :o 

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »

She's cashing out. She'll never be as well-known and popular as she is right now, so...here comes the radio/cable TV deal and a ghostwritten book.

#@!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 12:49:04 AM »

She's cashing out. She'll never be as well-known and popular as she is right now, so...here comes the radio/cable TV deal and a ghostwritten book.

#@!

You've seen the ego...  Do you really think she'll ever 'just go away'?    :angry7:

music box

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 02:13:50 AM »

a radio and/or tv show is always possible.

imaginary friend

• Enigmagnetic
  • Global Moderator
  • up in flames
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »

#@!

You've seen the ego...  Do you really think she'll ever 'just go away'?    :angry7:

who said anything about going away? All I'm saying is that her earning ability is peaking as we speak. Given that she's unemployed w/o insurance at the moment, I fully expect (and endorse) her to market herself in every way imaginable.

well, almost every way.  ^-^

#@!

CeeGBee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »

#@!

who said anything about going away? All I'm saying is that her earning ability is peaking as we speak. Given that she's unemployed w/o insurance at the moment, I fully expect (and endorse) her to market herself in every way imaginable.

well, almost every way.  ^-^

#@!
They've got abundant cash in the bank (even if you just count what they had to disclose in electoral
paperwork last year).  She's already got the book deal and "assistant" writer, and there's almost certainly a
waiting list to get her to speak at rallies and the like.  I don't see her tying herself down to a long-term, standing
commitment like a radio show, though.

Our own Doug Wilder did that the other way around:
Governor => wannabe-Presidential candidate => radio host => pain-in-the-ass-mayor...
...and a back-room-meeting', favor-trading wheeler & dealer all the way...

Lyzardly

• but one name for that untruth of truth
  • Taken out of context I must seem so strange.
    • Lyzardly's Moblog
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »

And where is Mitt Romney now??

Honestly I think he was the most electable candidate the GOP had last election.  But all the bigots in that party won't support a Mormon so he won't make it.

I think Mitt was more damaged at least as much, if not more, by the fact that he was Governor of a state that legalized gay marriage than he was by being a Mormon. While there are far-right fundamentalists who believe that Mormonism is a cult, I think some are feeling the Mormon church is being unfairly attacked for its support of Prop 8... creating a sort of brothers in arms feeling.

At this point, enter Jon Huntsman to the 2012 quest for the ballot. Huntsman has worked with Reagan, Bush Sr., Dubya, and has accepted Obama's nomination of him as Ambassador to China. He's conservative on the wedge issues - abortion, gun control, gay marriage (while supporting civil unions), but is less conservative on environmental issues and healthcare. He's no Al Gore, but I think he's the best option for the Republican party to appeal to moderates without completely alienating the extreme right wing of the party.

As for Palin, I think she is going to everything she can to keep herself in the public spotlight as a Hockey Mom who is active in issues she cares about. I also think she will seek the nomination because she was so close to the White House she could taste it and I don't think she has ever acknowledged that she ever lost any votes for the Republican party. I don't think she will get on the ticket, but you never can tell.
There are many truths worth dying for, but there are none worth killing for. ~Camus

Its secret is rather the possibility that indeed it might have no secret, that it might only be pretending to be simulating some hidden truth within its folds. ~Derrida

I have forgotten my umbrella. ~Nietzsche

music box

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 04:02:20 PM »

i was prepared to vote for romney. i was angry about voting for mccain.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14  All   Go Up